• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  953
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,587
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Thing about new age is; it isn't.

Back at socal in the late 1960's we called it - be one with the mud.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,398
  • Content Per Day:  12.14
  • Days Won:  31

8 minutes ago, Rosie1jack2pauline3 said:

I must have lived under a stone most of my life, because I wasn’t into anything much.....apart from drink, due to dreadful “ social anxiety “ absolutely crippled me that did...I had to work around this crippling anxiety, oh how my poor children suffered.

@Rosie1jack2pauline3 Do you oppose even moderate social drinking, social smoking, etc.?

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  151
  • Content Count:  3,149
  • Content Per Day:  1.05
  • Days Won:  0

i was into the new age movement, some spelling correcting tool will change it to sewage interestingly enough lol.

i was in it for quite a while. The church itself, (building religion, and not the body of Christ, that is) i saw as irrelevant and austere. Nothing to keep me there! so i got up to all kinds of stuff and it took quite a while to be free from it.  then i decided to burn a lot of the stuff i had books, pictures...

the other thing i noticed in organised religion (church building), is the stealthy way Roman Catholic content is coming in and no one notices well i did and i also noticed  the vicar taking to wearing a new age stole for crying out loud, which i challenged her about.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, existential mabel said:

i was into the new age movement, some spelling correcting tool will change it to sewage interestingly enough lol.

i was in it for quite a while. The church itself, (building religion, and not the body of Christ, that is) i saw as irrelevant and austere. Nothing to keep me there! so i got up to all kinds of stuff and it took quite a while to be free from it.  then i decided to burn a lot of the stuff i had books, pictures...

the other thing i noticed in organised religion (church building), is the stealthy way Roman Catholic content is coming in and no one notices well i did and i also noticed  the vicar taking to wearing a new age stole for crying out loud, which i challenged her about.

Good to stick to the Scriptures, right? :)

• Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, Rosie1jack2pauline3 said:

Oh no, each to their own, I haven’t drank in years, plus I have to stay away from drink, because of this Atrial Fibrillation....God has healed me from social anxiety, the mind is incredibly powerful, as a new babe, my mind was attacked terribly, it made me extremely ill, bed ridden for 3 yrs, in a wheelchair, carers did my shopping and helped me bath.

I thank and Praise God for it, “ NOW” not at the time, I learnt so much, those 3 yrs I was bed ridden and had time to reflect?

@Rosie1jack2pauline3 For you, avoiding even social drinking might work well (for me, too...) I think you also mentioned quitting cigarettes entirely. Well, it works for a lot of ppl, too.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,407
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

1 hour ago, Starise said:

When I was a teen I was heavily into comics. Today it's mostly video games in that age group. Do you believe there are evil video games? A lot of the themes in comics were dark.

I grew up as gaming started to become a big thing in the 80s and 90s. I've laid off on it a lot since then for various reasons, not all of them related to objectionable content. It's a tremendous mixed bag with good and bad, like any other form of media. You don't have to look too hard to find occult themes, jabs at religion in general (not always Christianity specifically), and heavily sexualized character designs in video games.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,251
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

15 hours ago, Starise said:

The two are not compatible. I just could not understand how a person can see any association between two strongly opposing teachings.

God explains why the true gospel is hid, to the lost. They can not see the truth because they have been blinded. The god of this world is very active, deceiving and lying, subtly drawing through every tiny bit of lies and deceit.

Knowing/learning all that has been posted here so far, how does anyone not have the spirit prompting/moving our spirit to get out and plant seed, to share the true light of the gospel, to the lost and dying world. Like the enemy, become very active, for the one who saved us.

Is it that the most of the members here  believe it doesn't matter,  God has already chosen, so why bother?

Instead of lamenting about the victories of the devil over God's created, would it not be pleasing, at least occasionally, to discuss how each of us share the gospel to those who have been blinded? To not curse the darkness, but how to share the Light.

Can you remember that faithful one(s), who months/years ago shared the light with you, and helped you to the knowledge of the truth of the gospel, and influenced your not becoming/remaining New Age. Or worse? 

How can we become more led by God to spread what light we have, in our own unique way, and not listen to the enemies subtle deceptions/lies, whispering that we are not called to preach, evangelize. I'm no preacher, nor evangelist,  but I can have a friendly conversation with a stranger, praying the spirit take over my tongue, and let him do the talking.

Why am I coming on so strong just now? Because I just now was coming in from my shop and the new Fed Ex driver drove up to pick up some packages. Ten minutes later he left with two packages, a cold bottle of water for his thirst, and thanking me for giving him an understanding of the good news , the living water to hopefully draw him to God's salvation mercy.

It only took ten lousy minutes to plant a seed, that may mean an eternity to him.

I thank God for the faithful believer who planted that seed in me so long ago.

What say you?..........:)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Content Count:  1,407
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

1 hour ago, Neighbor said:

Thing about new age is; it isn't.

Back at socal in the late 1960's we called it - be one with the mud.

This is very true. It's been around since the Garden when the serpent said "ye shall be as gods" and echoes Satan's own desire to exalt himself to the level of God.

There was a time when one of my cousins was into LSD, something else associated with new age beliefs. He was having the one with everything experience one time when he was high and was rambling about it to me. I pointed out a recent pile and asked him if he was one with that too. Probably wasn't very nice of me.

• Haha 1

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  201
  • Topics Per Day:  0.37
  • Content Count:  3,429
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

These 5 points of New Age beliefs that  @ayin jade posted are good to know and easy to address with specific verses.  All of these are counterfeits, promote man's independence and deny the deity and work of Christ.

5 New Age beliefs that have bled into the church 

1. Law of Attraction (I know at least one member here believes in that one)

"According to your faith, let it be unto you." (Matt 8:29 et. al.) The thing that this point totally misses is it isn't just some abstract universal faith, it is faith in a person - the Son of the living God! (plus, I would add, the most positive things one can believe and speak are from God's word)

2. Follow your heart - relying on emotions

"The heart is deceitfully wicked; who can know it?" (Jer 17:9) This is independence from God, that is, looking to one's own heart and not God.

3. We are little or mini gods

"You shall be as God, knowing good and evil." (Gen 3:5)  The lie from the devil right from the beginning . . . here again, advocating independence from God. 

4. Oneness - being righteous by being sinless, not by faith in the Lord

"Not one is righteous, no not one." "The righteousness of God is through faith in Jesus Christ" "All have sinned."  (Rom 3:10, 22 & 23)  This point denies that man has a sin problem and says that a Savior is not needed. (again, man can do it - be independent)

5. All roads lead to heaven

"I am the way, the truth and the life; no one comes to the Father except through Me."  (John 14:6)

Edited by Vine Abider
Clarity
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

1 hour ago, Sower said:

God explains why the true gospel is hid, to the lost. They can not see the truth because they have been blinded. The god of this world is very active, deceiving and lying, subtly drawing through every tiny bit of lies and deceit.

Knowing/learning all that has been posted here so far, how does anyone not have the spirit prompting/moving our spirit to get out and plant seed, to share the true light of the gospel, to the lost and dying world. Like the enemy, become very active, for the one who saved us.

Is it that the most of the members here are calvinist and believe it doesn't matter, God has already chosen those who are going to hell, so why bother?

Instead of lamenting about the victories of the devil over God's created, would it not be pleasing, at least occasionally, to discuss how each of us share the gospel to those who have been blinded? To not curse the darkness, but how to share the Light.

Can you remember that faithful one(s), who months/years ago shared the light with you, and helped you to the knowledge of the truth of the gospel, and influenced your not becoming/remaining New Age. Or worse? 

How can we become more led by God to spread what light we have, in our own unique way, and not listen to the enemies subtle deceptions/lies, whispering that we are not called to preach, evangelize. I'm no preacher, nor evangelist,  but I can have a friendly conversation with a stranger, praying the spirit take over my tongue, and let him do the talking.

Why am I coming on so strong just now? Because I just now was coming in from my shop and the new Fed Ex driver drove up to pick up some packages. Ten minutes later he left with two packages, a cold bottle of water for his thirst, and thanking me for giving him an understanding of the good news , the living water to hopefully draw him to God's salvation mercy.

It only took ten lousy minutes to plant a seed, that may mean an eternity to him.

I thank God for the faithful believer who planted that seed in me so long ago.

What say you?..........:)

Please do not assume calvinists think it does not matter to share the gospel. We are told in scripture to do so.