• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  77
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,275
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  0

2 Thes 2:3 .... 

"Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first..."

Do you want to see how far the church has fallen away? 

You have got to watch this:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  269
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,263
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

26 minutes ago, JoeCanada said:

"Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first..."

www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZuPjOMG4gY

That is man`s organization you are referring to NOT the Church, the called out ones the Lord, the Head of His Body, is building and maturing. (Eph. 4: 11 - 16)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.21
  • Days Won:  115

3 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

That is man`s organization you are referring to NOT the Church, the called out ones the Lord, the Head of His Body, is building and maturing. (Eph. 4: 11 - 16)

Yes, churches like those portrayed in the video is not what Jesus set up, by a long shot, but they are still called a church.  I do so agree that these churches are giving the real church a bad name, are leading people astray, calling sin acceptable, and will be severely judged by God.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, OneLight said:

Yes, churches like those portrayed in the video is not what Jesus set up, by a long shot, but they are still called a church.  I do so agree that these churches are giving the real church a bad name, are leading people astray, calling sin acceptable, and will be severely judged by God.

They are called church by people who do not know the real thing. Jesus NEVER set them up. He did not say, "Go make public meetings..." He said, "Go make disciples...." And where 2 of 3 are gathered in His name there He is in their midst. That is the true `church,` the ekklesia, the called out ones from Israel and the nations. And that is who Jesus is coming back for.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,507
  • Content Per Day:  6.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

To me, it didn't help that early protestant bible translators chose the word "church" for the Greek word "ekklesia." The word church pertains more to the physical property, while ekklesia means the "called-out gathering" and pertains to the people. From there, the focus was more on the physical spectacle rather than the spiritual.

While the RCC was always more into the physical spectacle, the protestant church has recently gravitated too much (in my humble opinion) toward "big screens, skinny jeans & fog machines" (as a brother I know is fond of saying).  This tends to rob the members of the body of their individual function and turns them into mere spectators. :cry_smile:

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,628
  • Content Per Day:  1.14
  • Days Won:  0

I haven't watched the video, as I tend to avoid propaganda.  The church -- the body of Christ -- has always had problems.  All one has to do is read the first part of Revelation to know that is the case.

However, the church, with all its problems, has endured for roughly two thousand years and, I am totally convinced, will endure until Christ comes for His own.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  963
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,744
  • Content Per Day:  5.05
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

It is not by challenging everything  nor by some particular marking of a level of intelligence that any person is brought to salvation.

"Let no one deceive himself. If anyone among you seems to be wise in this age, let him become a fool that he may become wise.  For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, “He catches the wise in their own craftiness”;  and again, “The Lord knows the thoughts of the wise, that they are futile.”  Therefore let no one boast in men. For all things are yours:  whether Paul or Apollos or Cephas, or the world or life or death, or things present or things to come—all are yours.  And you are Christ’s, and Christ is God’s."

• Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

I know the speaker is rock solid and very up to date with all which is happening and what is all around us is shocking,I don't think there's a need to hide this or anything,just look around you,it's everywhere,I watch it later,just so I know what it's showing ,it's an eye opener for Christians to examine the church you attend ,churches are very tolerant these days....we have to get back to the Bible...

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,507
  • Content Per Day:  6.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

1 hour ago, JimmyB said:

I haven't watched the video, as I tend to avoid propaganda.  The church -- the body of Christ -- has always had problems.  All one has to do is read the first part of Revelation to know that is the case.

However, the church, with all its problems, has endured for roughly two thousand years and, I am totally convinced, will endure until Christ comes for His own.

Yes, as bad as it is, He's still got this!  Do we think Christ is saying, "Boy, if only I'd known what a bunch of knuckleheads I was getting!  How in the world am I supposed to build my church with this kind of material!?  Guess I'll have to go back to the drawing board . . ."?

Of course not!  And how much more glory to God that His purpose will still be fulfilled in and with us!? :clap:

• Thumbs Up 2

On 1/22/2023 at 11:07 AM, JoeCanada said:

There is a growing number, recorded on the census in the religious area, that are called the `nones. ` This means that they have no church organization affiliation. 

Wayne Jacobson, a former minister in an organization, left and wrote a book (years ago) called `So you don`t go to church anymore.` He also has a site called `The God Journey. ` He and his wife also visit many groups around the country, (America) and overseas. They encourage people on their walk with the Lord and not to come under religious obligation of man. 

So, you can get a view of the real believers who are `holding fast to the Head. `