IGNORED

A Christian demanded refund at a restaurant because he saw a Buddha statue. Do you think this man christian was right

R. Hartono

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,421
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0

The refund thing is pretty ridiculous. Something I feel a need to point out is that the presence of a statue doesn't equate to idolatry. Some branches of Buddhism don't even present as a religion. It's more cultural than religious in a lot of cases, especially amongst American Chinese.

24 minutes ago, The_Patriot21 said:

And some of the "reddit" comments cited in the article...while they do read like angry people, that's actually the biggest red flag to the accuracy of the article.

Yeah, it's a side effect of the internet. Just anyone can put up an article these days and a lot of it is basically clickbait. While I wouldn't necessarily say the article is wrong, the video was uploaded to a social media platform. People do all kinds of weird, crazy, and offensive things on that in the name of getting views. That includes staging incidents like this. Even if it's a legit video it's so far from the normal behavior of everyday people that it shouldn't be taken anymore seriously than Florida Man antics.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  777
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,955
  • Content Per Day:  3.05
  • Days Won:  1

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  107
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

20 hours ago, com7fy8 said:

And the boy's phone isn't an idol?

If I saw a Buddha displayed, after I placed an order . . . I might take the food and not ask for a refund. Pray for them, love them, maybe say, "God bless you." But there can be pagan stuff in any place, in one way or another. So, I might just take the food and say nothing, like in any other business place, maybe.

I suppose if I wanted Chinese food and I saw a Buddha in the place before I ordered, I might still get food there. I would not be bowing to the statue. And . . . possibly . . . if she said he was being "racist", she might see her Buddha thing as being an ethnic and not really a religious expression.

Also, I think a lot of Chinese food places give you fortune cookies. This could be taken to be un-Christian and pagan. So, do I stay away from a Chinese food place because they serve fortune cookies?

Now, of course, we do have Christians boycotting places where gay stuff is promoted. But this is being more pushed on people.

I would say the Buddha thing was not in order to push their religion on other people.

It’s really all about the conscience of the person- the presence of a statue in a public place doesn’t mean the food was dedicated to the statute… all food is good if eaten with a clear conscience… Christians have no right to demand anything from anyone in this world!

Once, I paid for a cheeseburger & the gal scooped melted cheese onto it with her painted fingernail- I happily received it and then dropped it in the garbage on my way out. I had every right to ask that the situation be corrected as a citizen on this earth; but, as a citizen of heaven, I shouldn’t look for reasons to enter someone else’s property and complain about my experience while I’m wandering around, outside of the will of God.

I personally boycott churches that display symbols/icons of war & death, and that celebrate pagan holidays while ignoring biblical celebrations. 

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,452
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

On 6/22/2023 at 10:22 AM, R. Hartono said:

I wouldnt even become a believer if Jesus didnt visit into my house. 

I am more interested in this story than the other content of the post. 

As others pointed out, click bate.  I did not look at the video link, but as the slogan goes " buyer beware" should apply when you make purchases.

What Does Caveat Emptor Mean?

Caveat emptor is a Latin phrase that translates to "let the buyer beware." It means that an individual buys at their own risk. Potential buyers are warned by the phrase to do their research and ask pointed questions of the seller. The seller isn't responsible for problems that the buyer encounters with the product after the sale.

Edited by warrior12

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,628
  • Content Per Day:  1.14

If the guy demanded a refund after he ordered the food he is a con artist.  He must have been in an Indian restaurant or something similar.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  6,627
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

1 hour ago, JimmyB said:

If the guy demanded a refund after he ordered the food he is a con artist.  He must have been in an Indian restaurant or something similar.

I agree. I'm curious how much of his order he had consumed before he went looking for the statue!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,265
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

If he received the food he should pay.   If he could cancel the order he should get a refund.

Not many Chinese places where I would pay for the food before eating it..

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  139
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,213
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

17 hours ago, believeinHim said:

Valid point ! The world is laughing at us, @Slibhin, And it is a very valid point !

Want to see another Sodom keep up the wokness

• Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,718
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

5 hours ago, R. Hartono said:

So to prove it you lost another poorly written article from another tabloid style news agency?

Can you not find a single legitimate news agency to quote? Or perhaps at least one based in the US, where the alleged incident took place?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  670
  • Content Per Day:  0.43

22 hours ago, TheBlade said:

Hi R.H.. I can't speak to what they did but.. it wouldn't bother me at all. Well we know there is only one God.. so its really nothing. Easy now to think like this...well my wife is Chinese 1st gen her Parents come from China. At first is was Melly (Mary) no love you. Once we had our 1st child.. her mom just fell in love with him. Been around her dad allot of times yet never ever talked with him :). I will say also they are one of the most giving I have come across. 

But yeah I see that big Buddha lol but.. its that light in me I want to then to see. 

My wife and I went to one of her Hindu colleagues wedding that took place in an Hindu temple of some sort. It was the first time I had ever witnessed an Hindu ceremony and it was quite the event. Before the wedding, I went into their gods room filled with idols, and not one of them said "Hi Ray . . . how are you today?". Very rude of them . . . Go figure.

And yes, the people were very polite and respectful, people who Jesus died to save.

One humorous thing that happened was it was a custom for the brides male relatives to carry the bride into the room where the wedding ceremony took place. Well . . . the bride was very over weight, and the relatives were very small and frail men. They all had their faces contorted with exertion carrying her, and several times they almost fell into a pile of people. the expression on the brides face was one of terror, and she probably had to be thinking these guys are going to fall and I will spend my wedding night with broken bones in the hospital . . . . lol. But they got her to the front of the place, where the priest burnt some kind of fire in a pot that he covered with aluminum foil (renolds wrap by name).

• Haha 1