IGNORED

"You are the light of the world" - What does this mean?

Vine Abider

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,227
  • Content Per Day:  3.48
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

26 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

I do not pretend to understand it all, especially our glorified bodies. As I mentioned, Earth will be our eternal home,

THE BODY OF CHRIST`S INHERITANCE IS IN HEAVEN.

Our inheritance, our hope, our place, our citizenship, all of which are IN HEAVEN.

`...to an inheritance incorruptible and undefiled and that does not fade away, reserved in heaven for you.` (1 Peter 1: 4 )

` ...because of the hope which is laid up for you in heaven, of which you heard before in the word of truth..`(Col. 1: 5)

` ...and raised us up together and made to sit in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus.`(Eph. 2: 6)

` For our citizenship is in heaven, from which we also eagerly await for the saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ.` (Phil. 3: 20)

(New King James)

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Topics Per Day:  1.32
  • Content Count:  3,893
  • Content Per Day:  6.93
  • Birthday:  02/18/1956

2 hours ago, Vine Abider said:

Amen - tell us more how this relates to the topic please.

John 3:21 But he who does the truth comes to the light,

that his deeds may be clearly seen,

that they have been done in God.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  222
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0

"Christians  are the light of the world"

He is the light of the universe .

As Children of light we are reflection of his glory just as the moon represent the glory of the sun we have a opportunity to bring glory. 

In the new heavens and earth the two lights will become one brighter than before there will be no night forever more  

Revelation 21:23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof. And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it.0 And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there.

Again in the next chapter 

Revelation 22:5 And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever.

The theme using the Sun and the mod to represent the glory of God begins in Genesis. Believers are considered stars on his golden crown 

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  350
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,508
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

11 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

THE BODY OF CHRIST`S INHERITANCE IS IN HEAVEN.

Our inheritance, our hope, our place, our citizenship, all of which are IN HEAVEN.

`...to an inheritance incorruptible and undefiled and that does not fade away, reserved in heaven for you.` (1 Peter 1: 4 )

` ...because of the hope which is laid up for you in heaven, of which you heard before in the word of truth..`(Col. 1: 5)

` ...and raised us up together and made to sit in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus.`(Eph. 2: 6)

` For our citizenship is in heaven, from which we also eagerly await for the saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ.` (Phil. 3: 20)

(New King James)

Howdy Marilyn C, we have not chatted for a while.

The place 'heaven' seems to be the emphasis of your post. Surprise, I have pondered on that one too. 😊

I have asked myself what and where heaven is and right or wrong formed some opinions.

It seems to me heaven is where God's throne is, where He physically rules and reigns. Can there be more than one heaven? We know of three heavens, where the birds and clouds fly, the cosmos, the Father's throne, where Jesus sits at the Father's right hand.

But what about the millennium and beyond? Where Jesus and His throne reside, where He rules and reigns from, is heaven; heaven is coming to Earth, and we will be with the Lord forevermore (on Earth). It's the capital and our abode, the new Jerusalem.

We all know God is Triune; if you have seen Jesus, you have seen the Father, three distinct Persons in One. It appears to me when we enter eternity, the Father's throne in the 3rd heaven stays where it presently is. Like the Earth and the universe, heaven will also be cleansed from the contamination of sin's presence.

Job 2:1 (KJV) Again there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them to present himself before the LORD. [multiple times, emphasis added]

The adversary, accuser of the brethren, and the Father of sin and lies and sin himself constantly contaminates the 3rd heaven and the entire universe. The Father of Lies still has access to the 3rd heaven until Satan is cast down to the Earth, then the Lake of Fire.

Revelation 12:10 (KJV) And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night. [emphasis added]

Because of one man's sin on Earth, how does that and those sins escape the planet and convulse and contaminate all of creation?

Romans 8:22 (KJV) For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now. [emphasis mine]

The whole creation would include the universe and everything God made.

Therefore, I conclude that technically, there will be two abodes of God: one on Earth, where Jesus rules and reigns, and the Father's house, where His throne resides.

John 1:18 (KJV) No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

Whatcha think, Marilyn?

• Interesting! 1

16 hours ago, Vine Abider said:

That's a good run-down of the possible physical characteristics of the NJ!  Yes, all there are all kinds of suppositions regarding how it could exist, given the (current & known) laws of physics!

But there's the other side of it too, the spiritual. If we're looking at Ephesians, for instance, we see that man is called to something high and mysterious - the dwelling place of God.  As Paul exclaims in Ephesians 1:18, "That you may knw what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints!"

(And the word translated as "mansions" in  John 14:2 is more accurately rendered as "abodes" or "dwelling places.")

Some verses then to consider:

"in My Father’s house are many dwelling places"  John 14:2

"I go and prepare a place for you"  John 14:3

"I will build my church" Matt 16:18

"You also are being built together for a dwelling of God in Spirit." Eph 2:22

"And I saw the heavenly city new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven prepared as a bride for her Husband."  Rev 21:2

The church is spoken of in the NT as a bride, a body and a building - a real mystery, but I think God is speaking to us and trying to convey this mysterious thought in terms we know and that are very dear to our heart.

1 Corinthians 15:9 For I am the least of the apostles, that am not meet to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God. 1 Corinthians 15:8 And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time. Romans 11:13 For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office:

Speaking of mysteries and the apostle to the Gentiles. Have you ever wondered why Paul was appointed the honor and privilege to unveil the secrets hidden since the foundation of the world?  

Why did God hide the New Testament in the Old Testament and reveal the Old Testament in the New Testament (the mysteries)? Now, with hindsight, the Gospel is clear. Things not understood, such as:

And Moses made a serpent of brass, and put it upon a pole, and it came to pass, that if a serpent had bitten any man, when he beheld the serpent of brass, he lived.

The above through time leading up to the most beloved and memorized verse in the Bible:

14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: 15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. 17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Back then, it was faith looking forward to the cross. Now, it is looking back at the cross and what Jesus did to reconcile humanity of all time to Himself.

Sorry for wandering off-topic somewhat; it is my flawed character.

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  290
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0

Think Jesus is referring to his true followers in comparison to the world which is in darkness because Satan is its ruler 1 John 5:19. Whereas his followers are to be different shedding spiritual light/enlightenment to those seeking.

• Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  478
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,565
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  9

We reflect the image of Christ. He reflected the image of the Father. Through good works we can do this. Showing the love of God to all.

• Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

Howdy Marilyn C, we have not chatted for a while.

The place 'heaven' seems to be the emphasis of your post. Surprise, I have pondered on that one too. 😊

I have asked myself what and where heaven is and right or wrong formed some opinions.

It seems to me heaven is where God's throne is, where He physically rules and reigns. Can there be more than one heaven? We know of three heavens, where the birds and clouds fly, the cosmos, the Father's throne, where Jesus sits at the Father's right hand.

But what about the millennium and beyond? Where Jesus and His throne reside, where He rules and reigns from, is heaven; heaven is coming to Earth, and we will be with the Lord forevermore (on Earth). It's the capital and our abode, the new Jerusalem.

We all know God is Triune; if you have seen Jesus, you have seen the Father, three distinct Persons in One. It appears to me when we enter eternity, the Father's throne in the 3rd heaven stays where it presently is. Like the Earth and the universe, heaven will also be cleansed from the contamination of sin's presence.

Job 2:1 (KJV) Again there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them to present himself before the LORD. [multiple times, emphasis added]

The adversary, accuser of the brethren, and the Father of sin and lies and sin himself constantly contaminates the 3rd heaven and the entire universe. The Father of Lies still has access to the 3rd heaven until Satan is cast down to the Earth, then the Lake of Fire.

Revelation 12:10 (KJV) And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night. [emphasis added]

Because of one man's sin on Earth, how does that and those sins escape the planet and convulse and contaminate all of creation?

Romans 8:22 (KJV) For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now. [emphasis mine]

The whole creation would include the universe and everything God made.

Therefore, I conclude that technically, there will be two abodes of God: one on Earth, where Jesus rules and reigns, and the Father's house, where His throne resides.

John 1:18 (KJV) No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

Whatcha think, Marilyn?

Hi Dennis,

Good to chat again. Glad you have thought about this. Hope I can shed some light on this. Now, remember that Lucifer was cast out of the angelic realm, the third heaven. And, when he came before God he certainly did not enter the throne room. Coming before God is a term that means Satan had to stop and be accountable to God. Remember God speaks to everyone wherever they are. We do not have to fly to heaven to talk to God.

Then in Eph. 2: 2,  &  6: 12 we read of Satan as the Power of the air, in the Principalities and powers realm, the lower heavens. It is from there that Rev. 12: 10 is talking about. The place where Satan usurped control after he fell. Then he will be limited to the earth for a time. (Rev. 12: 12) 

Glad you see that the (lower) heavens and earth need cleansing. (Job 15: 15)

Now, heaven does not come to earth. Where do you get that strange idea? Heaven is bigger than the whole universe. How could that fit into miniscule earth?

Als, remember that the Father appointed His Son ruler `over all...in this age and also in that which is to come.` (Eph. 1: 21) Thus His throne is in the highest and rules over every other realm which has His power and authority there also. 

Anymore and we`d probably need to start a new thread. 

regards, Marilyn.

15 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

Why did God hide the New Testament in the Old Testament and reveal the Old Testament in the New Testament (the mysteries)? Now, with hindsight, the Gospel is clear. Things not understood, such as:

Hi again Dennis,

It seems we like to delve into things. Remember this scripture?

`But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, the hidden wisdom which God ordained before the ages for our glory, which none of the rulers of this age knew; for had they known, they would not have crucified the Lord of Glory.` (1 Cor. 2: 7 & 8)

Marilyn.

14 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Dennis,

Good to chat again. Glad you have thought about this. Hope I can shed some light on this. Now, remember that Lucifer was cast out of the angelic realm, the third heaven. And, when he came before God he certainly did not enter the throne room. Coming before God is a term that means Satan had to stop and be accountable to God. Remember God speaks to everyone wherever they are. We do not have to fly to heaven to talk to God.

Then in Eph. 2: 2,  &  6: 12 we read of Satan as the Power of the air, in the Principalities and powers realm, the lower heavens. It is from there that Rev. 12: 10 is talking about. The place where Satan usurped control after he fell. Then he will be limited to the earth for a time. (Rev. 12: 12) 

Glad you see that the (lower) heavens and earth need cleansing. (Job 15: 15)

Now, heaven does not come to earth. Where do you get that strange idea? Heaven is bigger than the whole universe. How could that fit into miniscule earth?

Als, remember that the Father appointed His Son ruler `over all...in this age and also in that which is to come.` (Eph. 1: 21) Thus His throne is in the highest and rules over every other realm which has His power and authority there also. 

Anymore and we`d probably need to start a new thread. 

regards, Marilyn.

I got way off of @Vine Abider thread, and I apologize. I think I might start another thread to discuss some of this, and hope you will chime in. 

• Thumbs Up 2