• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,274
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, douggg said:

The way to be certain that Gog and Magog in Revelation 20 is not the same event as Ezekiel 38/39

I always side with Revelation when in doubt. We do not know exactly who is being referenced they are either long gone or future empires. There is no way to accurately apply that prophecy to modern times.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,143
  • Content Per Day:  0.47
  • Days Won:  1

11 minutes ago, Scott Free said:

I always side with Revelation when in doubt. We do not know exactly who is being referenced they are either long gone or future empires. There is no way to accurately apply that prophecy to modern times.

If you are referring to the prophecy of Ezekiel 38/39, then we have the parable of the fig tree generation to know that the Gog/Magog event will happen soon, sometime before the end of 2030.

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, douggg said:

Ezekiel 38/39

29 minutes ago, douggg said:

Ezekiel 38/39

The only way I can make it work is to see the similarities between Magog, Leviathan and the Seven-headed Dragon as the same spiritual entity manifesting in multiple secular events. It seems what is confusing is the cross-referencing. Each age has an Armageddon event at the end by the same elohim.

Edited by Scott Free

2 minutes ago, Scott Free said:

The only way I can make it work is to see the similarities between Magog, Leviathan and the Seven-headed Dragon as the same spiritual entity manifesting in different secular events. It seems what is confusing is the cross-referencing. There are two Armageddon events by the same spirit.

Armageddon is the gathering of the armies of the world by the kings of the earth to make war on Jesus.  Revelation 16:13-16.

-----------------------------

The destruction of those armies is two part.

Part 1:

Jesus Himself will destroy the portion of those armies in Zechariah 14 which will be surrounding Jerusalem.

Revelation 14:14-16, is Jesus destroying the armies surrounding Jerusalem.

14 And I looked, and behold a white cloud, and upon the cloud one sat like unto the Son of man, having on his head a golden crown, and in his hand a sharp sickle.

15 And another angel came out of the temple, crying with a loud voice to him that sat on the cloud, Thrust in thy sickle, and reap: for the time is come for thee to reap; for the harvest of the earth is ripe.

16 And he that sat on the cloud thrust in his sickle on the earth; and the earth was reaped.

Part 2:

The portion of those armies filling up the rest of Israel, outside of the vicinity of Jerusalem, will be destroyed by an angel directed for that purpose.

Revelation 14:17-20, is the angel destroying the armies outside of the vicinity of Jerusalem.

17 And another angel came out of the temple which is in heaven, he also having a sharp sickle.

18 And another angel came out from the altar, which had power over fire; and cried with a loud cry to him that had the sharp sickle, saying, Thrust in thy sharp sickle, and gather the clusters of the vine of the earth; for her grapes are fully ripe.

19 And the angel thrust in his sickle into the earth, and gathered the vine of the earth, and cast it into the great winepress of the wrath of God.

20 And the winepress was trodden without the city, and blood came out of the winepress, even unto the horse bridles, by the space of a thousand and six hundred furlongs.

-------------------------------------------------

Ezekiel 39:17-20 corresponds to Revelation 19:17-18.    Please compare the two text.

Ezekiel 39:17 And, thou son of man, thus saith the Lord GOD; Speak unto every feathered fowl, and to every beast of the field, Assemble yourselves, and come; gather yourselves on every side to my sacrifice that I do sacrifice for you, even a great sacrifice upon the mountains of Israel, that ye may eat flesh, and drink blood.

18 Ye shall eat the flesh of the mighty, and drink the blood of the princes of the earth, of rams, of lambs, and of goats, of bullocks, all of them fatlings of Bashan.

19 And ye shall eat fat till ye be full, and drink blood till ye be drunken, of my sacrifice which I have sacrificed for you.

20 Thus ye shall be filled at my table with horses and chariots, with mighty men, and with all men of war, saith the Lord GOD.

----------------------

Revelation 19:17 And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God;

18 That ye may eat the flesh of kings, and the flesh of captains, and the flesh of mighty men, and the flesh of horses, and of them that sit on them, and the flesh of all men, both free and bond, both small and great.

6 minutes ago, douggg said:

The destruction of those armies is two part

The first Armageddon ends with Christ's return and the meteor impact of Wormwood. The second one ends late in the next age with a solar event that strips the atmosphere and ocean off the Earth.

8 minutes ago, Scott Free said:

The first Armageddon ends with Christ's return and the meteor impact of Wormwood. The second one ends late in the next age with a solar event that strips the atmosphere and ocean off the Earth.

The bible indicates one Armageddon, that of Revelation 16:13-16.   The kings of the earth in those verses will be convinced by (1) the beast-king (2) the false prophet (3) Satan, to make war on Jesus to keep Him from executing judgment on them.

13 And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet.

14 For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.

---------------------------------------------

In Revelation 20:8-9, if you are trying to make that a second Armageddon, there is no biblical basis.

Both the beast-king and the false prophet will be in the lake of fire, at the time the Revelation 20:8-9 event takes place.

Edited by douggg

45 minutes ago, douggg said:

The bible indicates one Armageddon

May the Holy Spirit of Jesus Christ continue to guide your studies my friend. I am simple using that name generically for a lack of a better term. I am referring to Rev. 16:16-18 and Rev. 20:7-8 

20 minutes ago, Scott Free said:

May the Holy Spirit of Jesus Christ continue to guide your studies my friend. I am simple using that name generically for a lack of a better term. I am referring to Rev. 16:16-18 and Rev. 20:7-8 

I would suggest calling the Revelation 16:13-14, the Revelation 19:11-21, the Ezekiel 39:17-20, event - the Armageddon event.

And the Revelation 20:7-10 event - the last rebellion event.

If you do it like that, everyone will know what you mean I think.

Edited by douggg

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, douggg said:

Ezekiel 39:17-20, event

Still think Gog is used as a spiritually appraised term referring to the nations in general(Rev. 20:8) gathered under Satan's influence for this purpose. A name that can be applied to any similar situation.

Edited by Scott Free

1 minute ago, Scott Free said:

Still think Gog is used as a spiritually appraised term referring to the nations in general(Rev. 20:8) gathered under Satan's influence for this purpose. A term that can be applied to any similar situation.

At least in the case of the two separate events of the Ezekiel 38-39 and the final rebellion in Revelation 20:7-10.