George

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  431
  • Topics Per Day:  0.28
  • Content Count:  3,209
  • Content Per Day:  2.08
  • Days Won:  0

Whew, George! I thought Worthy had gone under these past couple of days! I mean, I know I have issues, But the internet as a whole felt very, very vulnerable these past few days! Very vulnerable these past few days!

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  953
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,579
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

9 hours ago, George said:

Here's a takeaway from this experience... Like I said to my wife last year, we need to plan strategically for when we might be offline. Not because of anything we've done but due to potential internet censorship that could be on the horizon.

What would you do in ministry … if you didn’t go online?  How would you impact people?  For us, I’m setting up outdoor events in the park and simply having old-school revival meetings! 

Hi, While the server was down I did find Worthy  WCF News articles.  I did benefit from the worthy news item that I otherwise might have missed, or not thought a whole lot about.  The one that shared of the EU's withholding of funds from Hungary, with the bullying by the EU of Hungary, with  it's (The EU's) attempts to force their  EU LGBTQ agenda into the school system at Hungary.

That WCF news article got me to thinking how dark the European continent is! Plus how closely behind that  the USA is right now!! The question came to my mind, will God hold back  or will the Holy Spirit be withdrawn from protecting these lands?

I see physical world wide warring  on the very near horizon, and I do not see protection, instead a retribution by God for the sin against God that is over much of the world.

And so I am re-reading Torah for a purpose greater than just to do so. I am looking to prepare my own family for interruptions of supplies that  I  think is coming very very soon.

Plus I am asking of God what will you have of this old body mind and soul at this time? How might I serve, where is my post to stand?

I have a stronger appreciation of my own hard copies of the things of God, especially my worn copy of The  Criswell Study Bible.

I do pray for WCF with a greater appreciation too!

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

11 hours ago, WilliamL said:

Agreed. This idea has been on my mind recently, even before this crash of WCF. So I just posted this special notice on my blog:

Post-WCF Crash Message

WilliamL

As the just-ended WCF crash should remind us, information on this site and elsewhere on the internet cannot be relied upon to be available until Jesus returns.

I recommend that people copy out whatever information they want to have access to in the future. The copying can be either to a personal computer, and backed up on a thumb drive; or (preferably) to a printout.

Anyone in the ministry of the Word should be prepared to fully carry on their work without access to the internet. Some online Bible-help programs, such as Blue Letter Bible, are available (in a limited version) on a CD.

Is that a fish filet?

• Haha 1
  • Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  539
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  32,785
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  223
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

Now if only we could get enoobs hands off those emots hmmmm

Thank you not only George but  his computer guy and especially his family who must have missed a lot of time with him as he tried to reconnect us all  Oh and I had a message from someone who was very active here years ago and must have had a notification when worthy was back up and running so THANK YOU 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1

Guest Michaelangeli

Boy. Am I glad to see you guys.

I thought you got whacked out of business.

Thanks everyone.