• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Topics Per Day:  1.36
  • Content Count:  3,893
  • Content Per Day:  7.10
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  02/18/1956

3 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

The enemy is the ones who support lie... as lie has nothing of God within it... The Lord has brought Himself in The Person of The Holy Spirit to dwell within His children and God's Word is our weaponry and defense so as not to become part and parcel to the lie ever again... In this we have the infinite supply of Love and we can spend it lavishly here and now upon all we are near... the miracle is to be set free from the lie in so doing we have the power of Truth/Christ...
John 14:6 (KJV)

[6] Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

When the world sees that which we have began in means little to us... then they are forced to see an attachment to that which is not of here... 
Galatians 6:10 (KJV)

[10] As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith.

And to connect to our other discussion, we have been liberated from sin to become slaves to righteousness 

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,191
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Just now, Mr. M said:

And to connect to our other discussion, we have been liberated from sin to become slaves to righteousness 

The greatest effort is to use the thing (physically) to accomplish this enslavement yet not being attach to the thing itself...
1 John 2:15 (KJV)

[15] Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,471
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

I was going to cite some examples, like how many Muslims view Christians, Jews, and Infidels, but Mr. Webster well sums it up. There is a close, but not the same relationship between enemy and enmity.

EN´EMY, n. [Fr. ennemi; Sp. enemigo; It. nemico; Ir. namha; from L. inimicus; in neg. and amicus, friend.]

1. A foe; an adversary. A private enemy is one who hates another and wishes him injury or attempts to do him injury to gratify his own malice or ill will. A public enemy or foe, is one who belongs to a nation or party, at war with another.

I say to you, love your enemies. Matt. 5.

Enemies in war; in peace friends. Declaration of Independence.

2. One who hates or dislikes; as an enemy to truth or falsehood.

3. In theology, and by way of eminence, the enemy is the Devil; the archfiend.

4. In military affairs, the opposing army or naval force in war, is called the enemy.[1]

EN´MITY, a. [Fr. inimitié; in and amitié, friendship, amity. See Enemy.]

1. The quality of being an enemy; the opposite of friendship; ill will; hatred; unfriendly dispositions; malevolence. It expresses more than aversion and less than malice, and differs from displeasure in denoting a fixed or rooted hatred, whereas displeasure is more transient.

I will put enmity between thee and the woman. Gen. 3.

The carnal mind is enmity against God. Rom. 8.

2. A state of opposition.

The friendship of the world is enmity with God. James 4.[2]

[1] Webster, Noah. 2006. In Noah Webster’s First Edition of An American Dictionary of the English Language. Anaheim, CA: Foundation for American Christian Education.

[2] Webster, Noah. 2006. In Noah Webster’s First Edition of An American Dictionary of the English Language. Anaheim, CA: Foundation for American Christian Education.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,129
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I think there are spiritual enemies and physical enemies, and I don't think we are required to love the spiritual ones. I would suggest we show them some respect for what they are capable of doing in this world until Jesus returns.

But physical enemies I think would be those people who want to hurt you or bring you down in many ways.  For instance, I got into studying Islam after 9/11 and with a friend got to going to Islamic websites and using translation programs, seeing the difference in what they put in English and Arabic.    Really eye-opening.  Being the general put your nose into everything kind of person, I did some interfacing with them and hinted at some Christian education for them.   They made it clear that when they do come over here to take over, they would enjoy taking my head.  I really didn't pay any mind to it until Biden opened up the borders.

Those people are my enemies, but I would do most anything to see them saved, even though I still get death threat in my email.   While I would defend myself and family if they do come here, I could not ask God to harm them, but to change their minds.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,083
  • Content Per Day:  9.76
  • Days Won:  149

50 minutes ago, other one said:

I think there are spiritual enemies and physical enemies, and I don't think we are required to love the spiritual ones. I would suggest we show them some respect for what they are capable of doing in this world until Jesus returns.

But physical enemies I think would be those people who want to hurt you or bring you down in many ways.  For instance, I got into studying Islam after 9/11 and with a friend got to going to Islamic websites and using translation programs, seeing the difference in what they put in English and Arabic.    Really eye-opening.  Being the general put your nose into everything kind of person, I did some interfacing with them and hinted at some Christian education for them.   They made it clear that when they do come over here to take over, they would enjoy taking my head.  I really didn't pay any mind to it until Biden opened up the borders.

Those people are my enemies, but I would do most anything to see them saved, even though I still get death threat in my email.   While I would defend myself and family if they do come here, I could not ask God to harm them, but to change their minds.

I'm glad you brought the difference between human and spiritual enemies as I was just about to say it.

We can love a human enemy and hate the spiritual enemy. I don't believe the context " Love your enemies" applies to the unseen ones.

The first stage in the recognition of these enemies is to recognize how they work. The next thing is to recognize the arrows which often will attack your faith.

- I am close to God, why is this happening to me. Arrow> God must not care about me, how do I even know He exists? why doesn't He intervene? Shield- God has promised to help me though everything. He lives inside of me and comforts me. Draw the sword

Arrow>There are errors in the bible. How do I know any of this is true? Shield > All inconsistency is minor translation that never affected meanings. Draw the sword.

- Arrow> I won't have any fun as a believer. Shield > I have had many great times, in fact more fun than when I was an unbeliever. Reality- I signed up to be on a side which means I will sometimes be in a battle. Unrealistic to think otherwise.AND YET, I can have perfect peace through all of it.Draw the sword.

- Arrow> Why Do I see those who don't follow God doing well? Shield- Keep in mind this is all they will ever have. We will all answer for our actions and be held accountable. No exceptions.Draw the sword.

-Arrow> Look at that person who calls themself a brother or sister. Look at what they did. If that's a Christian I want no parts of it. Shield- How do you know they are a believer? If they are a believer, I should approach them in love. If I can't do that I leave them to clear their lane and I will clear my lane. God sees all. Draw the sword.

- Arrow> I am tired and don't believe I can continue in this walk. I need a break. Shield> I am the vine you are the branch, you can do nothing without Me. Abide in me. I will give you rest. Draw the sword, if only to polish it this time.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 2
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,142
  • Content Per Day:  7.07
  • Days Won:  97

5 hours ago, Starise said:

Arrow>There are errors in the bible. How do I know any of this is true? Shield > All inconsistency is minor translation that never affected meanings. Draw the sword.

I thought that I would use this portion of your post as a springboard to share something relevant with regard to the fiery darts of our enemy. The circumstances of our lives, and how the Lord claimed us from this world, determines the tactics employed by the enemy. Attempts at undermining the veracity of scripture has never been of any effect where I'm concerned for the Lord called me when I was ignorant of scripture. Before I was introduced to the scriptures, I came to Jesus Christ. 

The first arrow, then, is worthlessness. My utter worthlessness, something which accordingly makes me useless to the Lord, bites deeply. Why? We know the answer to this one, brother: left to our own devices we are indeed worthless and useless to the Lord. The arrow of the enemy is intended to bite deeply and inflict damage. When the Lord called, I witnessed the folly of my existence and despaired. I saw how I had stumbled blindly in the darkness, but the Lord's answer to sorrow left me speechless. It pleases the Almighty to call the broken... the worthless... and the ignorant of this world to Him. This is so He might make a mockery of the strong and the wise. The arrow of the enemy is extinguished. 

The second arrow is pride. I was a skilled public speaker, capable of persuading others by virtue of my tongue. My poetry was posted on the walls of a church (the pastor loved it); I was a broadcasting prospect (I caught the attention of a recruiter from the CSB); I started dabbling with voice acting for radio commercials; I excelled as a soldier in the Army; and I landed a lucrative media job with no experience nor education (I'm a high school dropout). Was there anything I couldn't do? All I had to do was try! The Lord's answer to this pride was to take it all away from me. I lost the ability to speak... I struggled to maintain coherent thought... and I was homeless and destitute. That arrow of the enemy is extinguished. I have no cause to glory in anything except for our Lord Jesus Christ.  

The third arrow is doubt. Was that what the Lord actually declared, or is it just wishful thinking? Did you twist His words or worse, insert your own? What makes you think that the Lord would have you face an armed gang with nothing in your hands? What makes you think that the Lord loves you?

The Lord's answer to doubt humbles me. Whenever doubt comes, He directs me to look upon my right hand. I remember the gift of the Lord on that day when He spared me from the grave. What did the Lord declare that I will say? I will look upon my right hand and say, "The Lord delivered me with a mighty hand, for my own was broken!" My right hand was broken that day. When it healed, the fourth knuckle was completely absent, and the shape of my hand changed as a result. It's a memorial that the Lord is faithful and true, delivering me with His own hand, and so the arrow of the enemy is extinguished. 

Overcoming doubt is not an isolated trial to be sure. It's by far the most effective arrow our enemy uses against me, but the Lord has made it possible for me to overcome. When these arrows of the enemy come, we rely upon the whole armor of God to overcome the powers of spiritual darkness and wickedness. 

• Loved it! 2
  • Praise God! 1
  • Interesting! 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  953
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,588
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

4 hours ago, D. Adrien said:

Believers soon come to the realization that self is the biggest enemy.

Pogo's "I have found the enemy and it is me!" is indeed poignant.

Your question though always brings up a personal experience: My relative and business partner was friendly with an  rather mean spirited adversary and shared in my option way to much business information with this charming by truly evil man. My relative treated him as  a close friend. We often had breakfast and conversation together.

Drove me up a wall how much inside business information my relative could not keep to himself. Finally one day I  told my relative he was giving  our adversary information that would harm our own business, that he needed to remember this man is our enemy. He is not a friend to us.  His response was "I may not be his friend but he is mine."

Now at the end of things we lost a business because of this man's adversarial doings and 2.1 million dollars along with it. None the less my relative considered himself to be this man's friend. For it was in him to do so as a Christian man.

The sentence "I may not be his friend, but he is mine" has stayed with me for some three decades now. And over time I have learned the heartfelt meaning of it that is quite uplifting.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,083
  • Content Per Day:  9.76
  • Days Won:  149

10 hours ago, Marathoner said:

I thought that I would use this portion of your post as a springboard to share something relevant with regard to the fiery darts of our enemy. The circumstances of our lives, and how the Lord claimed us from this world, determines the tactics employed by the enemy. Attempts at undermining the veracity of scripture has never been of any effect where I'm concerned for the Lord called me when I was ignorant of scripture. Before I was introduced to the scriptures, I came to Jesus Christ. 

@Marathoner I appreciate your thoughts. I am prone to think many go this route. I did as well. I never disconnected logic, however when something geuine happens we can ask those questions later. Some will insist on  mind>heart as the only way to truly flesh things out. I think this makes a lot of sense on one level. I mean we need the undiltued and pure knowledge to have the complete picture wouldn't you agree?

There is a move to deconstruct events or to put then in such as way that it discredits God. It never is the whole picture. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  96
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  0

I wanted to check back in and say sorry for my absence lately regarding this thread... I have been extremely busy with events in my life (all good things praise God).

The responses have been good and I have taken them to heart.  They have been impactful so thank you, all, for the encouragement.

Will reply more in depth hopefully soon.