• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,955
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  1

19 minutes ago, FJK said:

It may be a city in the Middle East that is yet to come into being instead of one that is already established for all I know.

That is possible, but as for now the mysterious "great city" fits NYC with great detail.

22 minutes ago, FJK said:

the entire nation can be completely entwined with the functioning of that city so I have to consider that a major city alone cannot be separated from the country it is in and if one falls the other does as well.

I agree to some degree, but God's word is specific it says a great city and not a nation.  Yes, if NYC is destroyed it would effect the US in a catastrophic way.  It would most likely cause the whole nation to collapse economically, it would also effect all nations of the world that did business with it.  I am pretty sure the world stock markets would crash as well.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  139
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,213
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0

On 3/28/2024 at 9:07 AM, luigi said:

When watching CBS news Tuesday evening about the container ship that collided with the bridge in Baltimore; the newsman mentioned that the last time a container ship collided with a bridge was back in 1980, and that container ships back then were 1/4 the size that they are today. While this bit of information may at first appear benign, with some even seeing it as good economic news;--what this also means is that consumption throughout the world has increased substantially since 1980. So where do we see this increase in global consumerism described in the bible? 

According to Revelation 18:3, all the worlds nations will partake in fornication with Babylon the Great. With its merchants waxing rich through the abundance of her delicacies.

Revelation 18:3 or all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies.

America

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,510
  • Content Per Day:  0.97

So you still contend he wasn't talking to Jews, but I find no evidence that he wasn't.

No. He was talking to Jewish believers. He ALSO was talking to you and me. He was talking especially to people who would be alive in the end and see those signs.

Are there no Jews today in your view of things?  I contend that he was talking to Jews alone, he never ministered to the Gentiles and never mentioned them as being the ones who would be hated of all men in the end.

He said other sheep have I  (besides you as well, that are to come) The gospel being preached in all the world is one of the signs. You cannot limit the end time to Israel alone or Jews alone by any stretch of the imagination. The Jews are a focal point of the very end and prophesy. But the whole world is involved and believers that are not Jewish are involved.

I just can't accept your view as truth here, Jesus was a Jew who came for the Jews directed his teachings to them in a manner that would be understood by them, not to other peoples.

God came for the world! He loved the world, so He came and died for us. Jews included. Not Jews only!

In fact, the bible likens other people to dogs at a table eating scraps

It also refers to leaders of Israel as children of Satan! Jesus was not calling all people dogs! He was illustrating that He was sent first to the house of Israel. Yet He still had mercy, even before the time came to reach all the world on the outsider!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,104
  • Content Per Day:  9.69
  • Days Won:  149

On 3/30/2024 at 3:22 PM, dad2 said:

God came for the world! He loved the world, so He came and died for us. Jews included. Not Jews only!

Confirmation-

Gal. 3 Verses 28 to 29[28] There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus. [29] And if you are Christ's, then you are Abraham's offspring, heirs according to promise.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  582
  • Content Per Day:  0.67

On 3/29/2024 at 12:20 PM, AdHoc said:

Babylon the Great is a system developed by Nimrod and company in Babel. It has a religious side (Rev. Chapter 17) and a Commercial side (Rev. Chapter 18).

The religious side is destroyed by the ten kings. This is to ensure total worldwide worship is directed at the Beast and the Dragon (Rev.17:16). That is also why the Tares are harvested before the Wheat in Matthew 13.

The Commercial side is the way the world economy is run (based on alchemy to create money out of nothing). It is the sum of the world system that God hates. He destroys that system. at His return (Rev.18:8).

Great description AdHoc...99% of it speaks to me.

Tatwo...:)

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  3,051
  • Content Per Day:  3.31

1 hour ago, tatwo said:

Great description AdHoc...99% of it speaks to me.

Tatwo...:)

Why ... Thank you! Its been nice exchanging with you, here and other threads.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  21
  • Content Per Day:  0.24

On 3/30/2024 at 7:17 AM, dad2 said:

He was talking about the end (as He was asked to address the issue and times). Also to people who would be alive at that end time. You can't hide that fact with a fig tree, or obscure interpretation of some meaning read into a tree. The point of the tree was simple. When we see buds or leaves, we know that the summer is near. When we see the signs START then we know that the end is also near.

Probably the greatest sign is the abomination of desolation that will be set up in the holy place in the end. Right now it looks like the stage is being set and is set to a large extent for many of these things to happen. That is why I can't see a lot of time available for a whole new major kingdom to be set up still.

Thanks. That makes sense though many will have a nuanced interpretation of those verses. But then again, this is why the Bible speaks of "iron sharpening iron":-)

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  958
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,659
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 3/28/2024 at 10:07 AM, luigi said:

When watching CBS news Tuesday evening about the container ship that collided with the bridge in Baltimore; the newsman mentioned that the last time a container ship collided with a bridge was back in 1980, and that container ships back then were 1/4 the size that they are today.

Hi, The Summit Venture the ship that was swept into the Sunshine Skyway bridge in 1980during a fierce local storm was not a container ship. It was a bulk freighter.

The Dali which just hit the bridge at Baltimore is a comparatively small  container ship, with about one fourth the capacity of larger container ships in use today. Plus it was loaded with less than half it's capacity.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.03

1 hour ago, Neighbor said:

Hi, The Summit Venture the ship that was swept into the Sunshine Skyway bridge in 1980during a fierce local storm was not a container ship. It was a bulk freighter.

The Dali which just hit the bridge at Baltimore is a comparatively small  container ship, with about one fourth the capacity of larger container ships in use today. Plus it was loaded with less than half it's capacity.

I did not say that the ship that crashed into the bridge in 1980 was a cargo ship; I said the newsman commenting on the size of the cargo ship that crashed into the bridge last week in Baltimore said that cargo ships in 1980 were 1/4 the size of cargo ships today. 

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,510
  • Content Per Day:  0.97

3 hours ago, The Hare said:

Thanks. That makes sense though many will have a nuanced interpretation of those verses. But then again, this is why the Bible speaks of "iron sharpening iron":-)

OK tks

rev17smalls.jpg