Catsmeow

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.62
  • Days Won:  327

I feel like I'm resurrecting a really old thread here, but I see this debate is still going on so I'll throw in my two cents.                                     Annika

It sure is an old one & nothing new said either,except nebs question    Honestly neb.I love "Fantasy",I also like a lot of sci fi & myth movies like Thor,Hercules,Jason * the Argonauts,Fantastic four,Avengers....lol    But Harry Potter,well it is just a little too juvenile for me,,,,I think it does target a very young audience....????

I have tried watching all the movies,1,2,3 & so on......can't stay awake,they are very grey too,notice that,no vibrant exciting colors?????     Love,Kwik

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/02/1958

I've read and watched every one of them and they are a good distraction, but I think they've received their greatest advertisements by people who are against them.

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

21 minutes ago, Churchmouse said:

Why would you think there would be any books in heaven? What would their purpose be? To me they are educational or recreational.

just saying ,if there are, do you think HP would make it into heaven?

1 minute ago, angels4u said:

I think Harry Potter, as well as The Lord of the Rings and every other type of books are a distraction from a life that have been made easy enough for such books to be needed. I don't think any material things will enter heaven, since Christ himself said he would provide many mansions

I think such books provide no constructive value to anyone's lives other than the author and the company who publishes them. I also think that they would have been far less popular if not for the outcry that provided them the most exposure. In a way the author owes these people more than anyone else sense she was a first time author. I'm thinking these people who spoke out were played like a fiddle by those who wanted to up the sales.

It was like that teenager a while back that said she had a nude picture of her in a magazine. The magazine had record sales because of the outcry and it ended up that she took a closeup of her back wearing a halter top on, that her hair hide the wear the halter was tied around her neck and the bottom which came around her waist was out of the picture.  I think the girl was miley cyrus and she was trying to get out of her Hannah Montana stereotype.

Blessings Churchmouse

Yep,all about marketing & now with internet,twitter ,all that jazz if you get enough visitors & go viral(orsomething like that?) then there is a DEMAND......much hype....& yes,I think you are correct that it was Miley Cyrus........oi vey!

Well,my Sister...MsAngels(lol).....nah,I don't think Harry Potter books would be fitting for Heaven(just sayin-lol)......there is no Glory given to God,no Praise,no Honor & no Thanksgiving.......no place in Heaven!!!!                                                                           With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

1 hour ago, kwikphilly said:

It sure is an old one & nothing new said either,except nebs question    Honestly neb.I love "Fantasy",I also like a lot of sci fi & myth movies like Thor,Hercules,Jason * the Argonauts,Fantastic four,Avengers....lol    But Harry Potter,well it is just a little too juvenile for me,,,,I think it does target a very young audience....????

I have tried watching all the movies,1,2,3 & so on......can't stay awake,they are very grey too,notice that,no vibrant exciting colors?????     Love,Kwik

Have you heard of the Redwall series?

I tend to enjoy the young adult fantasy stories better than the adult ones - because adult themes tend to get too dark or heavy or explicit, especially the secular ones.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

1 hour ago, angels4u said:

Sure, right there with Gone With the Wind. [sarcasm]

Hey neb

Hmm,,,,,? Eulalia,Lord Brocktree...right?

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

1 hour ago, Churchmouse said:

Why would you think there would be any books in heaven? What would their purpose be? To me they are educational or recreational.

Nothing educational about witch craft and spells.  We are to guard our minds and hearts.

40 minutes ago, RustyAngeL said:

Nothing educational about witch craft and spells.  We are to guard our minds and hearts.

I've always thought the we should guard our hearts from that which might be enviable to them or should lead us astray. The Bible speaks of those with familiar spirits, more than once.

(1) Leviticus 19:31  "Do not turn to mediums or spiritists; do not seek them out to be defiled by them. I am the LORD your God."

(2) Deuteronomy 18:10-12  "There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, one who uses divination, one who practices witchcraft, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, or one who casts a spell, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. "For whoever does these things is detestable to the LORD; and because of these detestable things the LORD your God will drive them out before you.

(3) Isaiah 8:19  When they say to you, "Consult the mediums and the spiritists who whisper and mutter," should not a people consult their God? Should they consult the dead on behalf of the living?

(4) Leviticus 20:6  'As for the person who turns to mediums and to spiritists, to play the harlot after them, I will also set My face against that person and will cut him off from among his people.

(5) Leviticus 20:27  'Now a man or a woman who is a medium or a spiritist shall surely be put to death. They shall be stoned with stones, their bloodguiltiness is upon them.'

This has to do with real actual people going out and doing this stuff, for real.  I don't think people wake up one day and decide to be these people and I don't think that anything Harry Potter would bring up that would make adults want to do what the character of Harry Potter was supposed to have done. It is the kids that are at risk of this and I would think we as adult Christians should not promote, by our own actions any of this stuff.  Unfortunately there are some out there who will do something, just to do something and that leads us to what I am talking about.  These people who promote this stuff dangle it in front of us and then record our actions to promote it as something decadently naughty. The world loves the idea of being a renegade, especially if they don't think it will hurt them.  They want a rush. A sensation of acting out and that's what these advertisement companies are all about.

They get what they want. The public gets broadsided with the naughty gun and we get the sensation that we somehow protected society from them. It's all sensation and nothing real came out of anything other than a paycheck to the author which only stirs her to write more. Does anyone think that if the sales of Harry Potter would have been bolstered by our actions, there would have ever been the second or third book?