• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

While it is drunkeness, or the practice of drinking wherein is excess that is forbidden in scripture, I do not drink at all. I think the road to becoming a drunkard begins with that first drink or two. Then when one is going through a personal crisis or depression in general, there will be a temptation to drink to feel better. The Bible warns us that when we think we stand take heed lest we fall. I am not so strong that I believe I would be above getting drunk during bad times if I ever started drinking in moderation.

Proverbs 20:1 "WINE is a mocker, strong drink is raging: and whosoever is deceived thereby is not wise."

Proverbs 23:29-32

29 Who hath woe? who hath sorrow? who hath contentions? who hath babbling? who hath wounds without cause? who hath redness of eyes?

30 They that tarry long at the wine; they that go to seek mixed wine.

31 Look not thou upon the wine when it is red, when it giveth his colour in the cup, when it moveth itself aright.

32 At the last it biteth like a serpent, and stingeth like an adder.

Ephesians 5:18 "And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit;"

Yes, there is wisdom in this approuch.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,864
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

While it is drunkeness, or the practice of drinking wherein is excess that is forbidden in scripture, I do not drink at all. I think the road to becoming a drunkard begins with that first drink or two. Then when one is going through a personal crisis or depression in general, there will be a temptation to drink to feel better. The Bible warns us that when we think we stand take heed lest we fall. I am not so strong that I believe I would be above getting drunk during bad times if I ever started drinking in moderation.

Proverbs 20:1 "WINE is a mocker, strong drink is raging: and whosoever is deceived thereby is not wise."

29 Who hath woe? who hath sorrow? who hath contentions? who hath babbling? who hath wounds without cause? who hath redness of eyes?

31 Look not thou upon the wine when it is red, when it giveth his colour in the cup, when it moveth itself aright.

Ephesians 5:18 "And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit;"

Yes, there is wisdom in this approuch.

.... but it is still talking about abuse and not use.

It may be well for some to not drink at all, I certainly don't have a problem with that, or saying that it is good...... just don't make it mandiitory, which some will do and others do not.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  527
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/03/1964

I have a friend who is a pastor in Germany, where they certainly don't mind drinking a warm beer at a church gathering. He brought a couple from the U.S, over for a week. The visiting couple of course thought it novel that alcohol consumption was OK even at a Christain gathering, but the German church was offended by the woman's slacks. (look out here comes Butero!) So is cultural norm to be considered in these matters? North of the Mason-Dixon Line a glass of wine is not considered offensive to most, but in the Southern so called Bible Belt it is wrong among conservatives. For years people have noticed people lighting up cigarettes outside of church and this bothers others. I had a person challenge me recently to guess how many people drink in the privacy of their own homes but will not consume it in public.

• 10 years later...

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.45
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

On 4/29/2006 at 0:33 PM, David from New Bern said:

I have a friend who is a pastor in Germany, where they certainly don't mind drinking a warm beer at a church gathering. He brought a couple from the U.S, over for a week. The visiting couple of course thought it novel that alcohol consumption was OK even at a Christain gathering, but the German church was offended by the woman's slacks. (look out here comes Butero!) So is cultural norm to be considered in these matters?

INSTEAD OF OBLIGING TO NOT DRINK WINE, EACH ONE MUST BE GUIDED BY JESUS AND HIS LOVE FOR THE NEIGHBOR

I see many people concerned about this theme. In fact, this is an important theme. Notwithstanding, instead of we try to resolve all based in laws, we ought to search what is better for all of us. In other words, we ought to see from whence we fell (Rev 2.5) so that we have the relationships restored.

When we thought in laws, we come to measure the persons based on them. We come to appreciate works and laws and to consider the human being as mere tool to make works, and the laws, as the way to oblige them to work the way they think is right.

In the past, Jesus rebuked the Pharisees about this:

• “And he said unto them, the sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath:” (Mark 2.27).

The law wasn’t made to obligate persons to work for God. Instead of this, the Eternal uses His laws to work His will and character in one another’s lives. In other words, the law is so that the persons stay together in the works until that the Eternal had worked in each heart.

Hence Paul write:

•  “[ It is ] good neither to eat flesh, nor to drink wine, nor [ any thing ] whereby thy brother stumbleth, or is offended, or is made weak. Hast thou faith? have [ it ] to thyself before God. Happy [ is ] he that condemneth not himself in that thing which he alloweth. And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because [ he eateth ] not of faith: for whatsoever [ is ] not of faith is sin.” (Rom 14.21-23).

Instead of we think if something is right or wrong, we ought to think: this will help the neighbor, or not? If the person hasn’t certain if something is good or evil to the neighbor, then they are sinning:

1.    Such person isn’t following Jesus, but what suits them;

2.    Their concern isn’t in loving the neighbor as Jesus (John 13.34,35).

In this case, such person turned from the truth (Titus 1.14). Resulted:

•      “Unto the pure all things [ are ] pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving [ is ] nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled.” (Titus 1.15).

Those whose faith isn’t pure, i.e., are contaminated with commandments of men that don’t crave the communion in Jesus, don’t get to see anything with purity. Everything is motive to diffidence, accusation, for his desire is not to suffer material loss.

To prove this, see what the Sacred Scripture says:

•         “And the people stood afar off, and Moses drew near unto the thick darkness where God [ was ].” (Exo 20.21).
  •      “He bowed the heavens also, and came down: and darkness [ was ] under his feet.” (Psalms 18.9).
  •      “Then spake Solomon, The LORD said that he would dwell in the thick darkness.” (1Kings 8.12).

How is it possible that God was in the thick darkness, if in other part is said that He dwells in light unapproachable?

•  “Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom [ be ] honour and power everlasting. Amen.” (1Tim 6.16).

God is in the darkness of the law and of those who are prisoners of it (Isa 9.1,2; Matt 4.15,16). To be more exact: when we walk through the valley of the shadow of death (Psalms 23.4), if we insist in clinging to the law, never ever we will see the Eternal and will have full communion with Him.

His habitation is in the light, which is inaccessible to the law. Only if we dispose ourselves to be moved for the Favor of the Eternal (grace) toward people is that we will be able to walk in the light of His presence and have true fellowship one with another.

• “But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.” (1John 1.7).

Obs: I am not, in any way, making apology to the consumption of alcoholic beverages. I'm just saying we have to solve all awakening the loving grace of Jesus in the hearts in favor of the neighbor.

Edited by Leonardo Von

On 4/26/2006 at 4:07 AM, Iryssa said:

I don't think anyone here is telling you that you NEED to start drinking alcohol. The point is don't try to convince those of us who believe it's okay in moderation that we NEED to stop. I see no reason why a Christian who has no prior or present problem with alchol or drunkenness should NOT have a glass of wine with dinner or a Guiness with some friends. :24:

The Sacred Scripture is clear:

• o     "Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.” (1Cor 10.12).
  • o     "Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.” (Matthew 4.7).

We ought not to give place to the devil (Ephesians 4.27), neither in our life, nor in the life of the others:

•          “Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another. For meat destroy not the work of God. All things indeed [ are ] pure; but [ it is ] evil for that man who eateth with offence. [ It is ] good neither to eat flesh, nor to drink wine, nor [ any thing ] whereby thy brother stumbleth, or is offended, or is made weak. Hast thou faith? have [ it ] to thyself before God. Happy [ is ] he that condemneth not himself in that thing which he alloweth” (Romans 14.19-22).

• o     “Let no man seek his own, but every man another's [ wealth ]. If any of them that believe not bid you [ to a feast ], and ye be disposed to go; whatsoever is set before you, eat, asking no question for conscience sake. But if any man say unto you, This is offered in sacrifice unto idols, eat not for his sake that shewed it, and for conscience sake: for the earth [ is ] the Lord's, and the fulness thereof: conscience, I say, not thine own, but of the other: for why is my liberty judged of another [ man's ] conscience? For if I by grace be a partaker, why am I evil spoken of for that for which I give thanks? Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God. Give none offence, neither to the Jews, nor to the Gentiles, nor to the church of God: Even as I please all [ men ] in all [ things ], not seeking mine own profit, but the [ profit ] of many, that they may be saved.” (1Cor 10.24,27-33).
  • o     “But meat commendeth us not to God: for neither, if we eat, are we the better; neither, if we eat not, are we the worse. But take heed lest by any means this liberty of yours become a stumblingblock to them that are weak. For if any man see thee which hast knowledge sit at meat in the idol's temple, shall not the conscience of him which is weak be emboldened to eat those things which are offered to idols; And through thy knowledge shall the weak brother perish, for whom Christ died? But when ye sin so against the brethren, and wound their weak conscience, ye sin against Christ. Wherefore, if meat make my brother to offend, I will eat no flesh while the world standeth, lest I make my brother to offend.” (1Cor 8.8-13).

After all: “…knowledge puffeth up, but charity edifieth.” (1Cor 8.1).

Edited by Leonardo Von

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

On 4/25/2006 at 5:11 PM, Butero said:

I choose not to drink either.  Period.  Many can have an occasional  drink and not have any repercussions, but there are some who can't.  For me I just don't like it.  I don't like the taste or the smell.     I promised the Lord I would never have another drink and I can almost count the times I did have one on one hand.   For me it would be a sin, but for many others it's not.  I have no problem with anyone who wants a drink on occasions but just not for me.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.82
  • Days Won:  44

I used to not drink alcohol. I don't think there's anything wrong with having a beer, glass of wine, or margarita on occasion. Not a big fan of beer but I do enjoy a good wine or a margarita on occasion. :) 

God bless,
GE

On 4/25/2006 at 5:53 PM, David from New Bern said:

1 Timothy 3:3, 8 In Paul's statements to Timothy about church structure he determines that the among the qualifications for a bishop or overseer that he be given to no wine. Among the qualifications for a deacon it says that he is not to be given to much wine. Why? How do we apply this to our setting in the modern church. And is this a permissive statement to those being led?

•           “A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach; not given to wine, no striker, not greedy of filthy lucre; but patient, not a brawler, not covetous; one that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection with all gravity; ( For if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God? ) Not a novice, lest being lifted up with pride he fall into the condemnation of the devil. Moreover he must have a good report of them which are without; lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil.” (1Tim 3.2-7).
  •      “For a bishop must be blameless, as the steward of God; not selfwilled, not soon angry, not given to wine, no striker, not given to filthy lucre;” (Titus 1.7).
  •      “The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things;” (Tit 2.3).

Considering that all the requirements to the bishop are very exigent, wouldn’t make sense to slacken in such a serious area. It is sufficient to think that:

•      “Wine [ is ] a mocker, strong drink [ is ] raging: and whosoever is deceived thereby is not wise.” (Prov 20.1).
  •      “He that loveth pleasure [ shall be ] a poor man: he that loveth wine and oil shall not be rich.” (Prov 21.17).
  •     "Woe unto [ them that are ] mighty to drink wine, and men of strength to mingle strong drink: which justify the wicked for reward, and take away the righteousness of the righteous from him!” (Is 5.22,23).

Perceive that to drink wine is associated with justify the wicked for reward. This can be averred below:

•      “But they also have erred through wine, and through strong drink are out of the way; the priest and the prophet have erred through strong drink, they are swallowed up of wine, they are out of the way through strong drink; they err in vision, they stumble [ in ] judgment.” (Isa 28.7)

Note that even the wine (grape juice, which isn’t strong drink) leads the person to err.

Hence king Lemuel write:

•      “[ It is ] not for kings, O Lemuel, [ it is ] not for kings to drink wine; nor for princes strong drink: lest they drink, and forget the law, and pervert the judgment of any of the afflicted. Give strong drink unto him that is ready to perish, and wine unto those that be of heavy hearts. Let him drink, and forget his poverty, and remember his misery no more. Open thy mouth for the dumb in the cause of all such as are appointed to destruction. Open thy mouth, judge righteously, and plead the cause of the poor and needy” (Prov 31.4-9).

Also is for this that is ordained to the priests and nazarites:

•      “Do not drink wine nor strong drink, thou, nor thy sons with thee, when ye go into the tabernacle of the congregation, lest ye die: [ it shall be ] a statute for ever throughout your generations:” (Lev 10.9).
  •      “He shall separate [ himself ] from wine and strong drink, and shall drink no vinegar of wine, or vinegar of strong drink, neither shall he drink any liquor of grapes, nor eat moist grapes, or dried.” (Num 6.3).

Similarly, in the Testament of the Grace:

•      “And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit;” (Eph 5:18)
  •    “For the time past of our life may suffice us to have wrought the will of the Gentiles, when we walked in lasciviousness, lusts, excess of wine, revellings, banquetings, and abominable idolatries:” (1Pe 4:3).

So what so that, when Samson and John Baptist were consecrated since the womb, the order was clear:

•      “Now therefore beware, I pray thee, and drink not wine nor strong drink, and eat not any unclean [ thing ]:” (Judge 13.4).
  •      “But he said unto me, Behold, thou shalt conceive, and bear a son; and now drink no wine nor strong drink, neither eat any unclean [ thing ]: for the child shall be a Nazarite to God from the womb to the day of his death. ” (Judge 13.7).
  •      “She may not eat of any [ thing ] that cometh of the vine, neither let her drink wine or strong drink, nor eat any unclean [ thing ]: all that I commanded her let her observe.” (Judge 13.14).
  •      “For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb.” (Luke 1.15).

And the motive is simple:

•      “Ye have not eaten bread, neither have ye drunk wine or strong drink: that ye might know that I [ am ] the LORD your God.” (Deut 29.6).

See that only false prophets and pastors is that liked to prophesy about strong drink and wine (certainly grape juice, inasmuch as alcoholic wine is strong drink):

•      “If a man walking in the spirit and falsehood do lie, [ saying ], I will prophesy unto thee of wine and of strong drink; he shall even be the prophet of this people.” (Micah 2.11).
  •      “His watchmen [ are ] blind: they are all ignorant, they [ are ] all dumb dogs, they cannot bark; sleeping, lying down, loving to slumber. Yea, [ they are ] greedy dogs [ which ] can never have enough, and they [ are ] shepherds [ that ] cannot understand: they all look to their own way, every one for his gain, from his quarter. Come ye, [ say they ], I will fetch wine, and we will fill ourselves with strong drink; and to morrow shall be as this day, [ and ] much more abundant.” (Isa 56.10-12).

With base on all this, the wine in 1Timothy 3.3 is grape juice. But why does the bishop might not be given to grape juice? Note that there is no other requirement about eating and drinking in Timothy 3. It’s clear that gluttony is critical sin (see Prov 23.1-8,20; Luke 21.34; Rom 13.13; Gal 5.21; 1Peter 4.3).

The wine, here, symbolize meal. Grape juice is used as symbol against gluttony and drunkenness because of its attractive flavor. So what so that, at Corinth, they was drinking grape juice (wine) in excess using like excuse that they was celebrating the Lord’s supper (1Cor 11.20-22):

•      “When ye come together therefore into one place, [ this ] is not to eat the Lord's supper. For in eating every one taketh before [ other ] his own supper: and one is hungry, and another is drunken. What? have ye not houses to eat and to drink in? or despise ye the church of God, and shame them that have not? What shall I say to you? shall I praise you in this? I praise [ you ] not.” (1Cor 11.20-22).

Considering that in that time there isn’t refrigerator, it was easy the wine to begin to ferment. This, unfortunately, worsen the evil (its power of attraction). So that, if somebody drank grape juice in excess, they could become drunkard, like can be seen in this mockery:

•      “Others mocking said, these men are full of new wine. But Peter, standing up with the eleven, lifted up his voice, and said unto them, Ye men of Judaea, and all [ ye ] that dwell at Jerusalem, be this known unto you, and hearken to my words: for these are not drunken, as ye suppose, seeing it is [ but ] the third hour of the day.” (Acts 2.13-15).

Hence the restriction shown above about nazarites and priests, as well as the explication to the verse below:

•      “Whoredom and wine and new wine take away the heart.” (Hosea 4.11).

Also, it is for this that is imposed on deacons:

•      “Likewise [ must ] the deacons [ be ] grave, not doubletongued, not given to much wine, not greedy of filthy lucre;” (1Tim 3.8).

The bishop can’t give himself to the meal because, thus, he would go to prefer the house of the brother whose meal is more delicious.

The deacon, on the other hand, for being under the authority of the bishop, don’t need concern himself with give himself to wine, inasmuch as he should follow him.

Notwithstanding, as it is he who waits tables (Acts 6.1-4), he can’t take advantage of this condition to eat in surplus.

Edited by Leonardo Von

On 4/26/2006 at 0:51 AM, abbershay said:

1Ti 5:23 Drink water no longer, but use a little wine for your stomach's sake, and for your frequent infirmities.

INSTRUCTION OF PAUL TO TIMOTHY

•      “Drink no longer water, but use a little wine for thy stomach's sake and thine often infirmities.” (1Tim 5.23).

Note that Timothy was drinking water. However, because of problems of healthiness, Paul stimulates Timothy to not drink only water, but to put in the water a little of wine. Even if such wine was alcoholic, besides being in small quantity, it would be much diluted.

However, considering the orders of Paul to the bishops and the extreme fidelity of Timothy (2Tim 1.5), certainly Timothy did not even drink grape juice (to not run the risk of exposing himself to a little bit of alcohol from the beginning of the fermentation of juice – following the advice of Paul in 1Cor 10.12).

Edited by Leonardo Von

On 10/12/2016 at 4:27 PM, GoldenEagle said:

I used to not drink alcohol. I don't think there's anything wrong with having a beer, glass of wine, or margarita on occasion. Not a big fan of beer but I do enjoy a good wine or a margarita on occasion. :)

It's truth that Jesus transform water into wine. Also it is truth that many thought (and still think) that Jesus drank wine. However, it is false! Let's see what the Sacred Scriputure says:

•      “The Son of man came eating and drinking, and they say, Behold a man gluttonous, and a winebibber, a friend of publicans and sinners. But wisdom is justified of her children.” (Mat 11:19).

At first place, Jesus wasn’t gluttonous and winebibber. This was what the people said about Him. Certainly Jesus drank grape juice. However, to libel Him, they backbite Him saying that was wine.

Therefore, this isn't excuse to drink alcoholic beverage. Much less what Jesus did in Cana of Galilee:

•      “And the third day there was a marriage in Cana of Galilee; and the mother of Jesus was there: and both Jesus was called, and his disciples, to the marriage. And when they wanted wine, the mother of Jesus saith unto him, They have no wine. Jesus saith unto her, Woman, what have I to do with thee? mine hour is not yet come. His mother saith unto the servants, Whatsoever he saith unto you, do [ it ]. And there were set there six waterpots of stone, after the manner of the purifying of the Jews, containing two or three firkins apiece. Jesus saith unto them, Fill the waterpots with water. And they filled them up to the brim. And he saith unto them, Draw out now, and bear unto the governor of the feast. And they bare [ it ]. When the ruler of the feast had tasted the water that was made wine, and knew not whence it was: ( but the servants which drew the water knew; ) the governor of the feast called the bridegroom, and saith unto him, Every man at the beginning doth set forth good wine; and when men have well drunk, then that which is worse: [ but ] thou hast kept the good wine until now. This beginning of miracles did Jesus in Cana of Galilee, and manifested forth his glory; and his disciples believed on him.” (John 2.1-11).

According to the book of Song, the wine used in the feast of marriage was grape juice:

•      “A garden inclosed [ is ] my sister, [ my ] spouse; a spring shut up, a fountain sealed. Thy plants [ are ] an orchard of pomegranates, with pleasant fruits; camphire, with spikenard, Spikenard and saffron; calamus and cinnamon, with all trees of frankincense; myrrh and aloes, with all the chief spices: a fountain of gardens, a well of living waters, and streams from Lebanon. Awake, O north wind; and come, thou south; blow upon my garden, [ that ] the spices thereof may flow out. Let my beloved come into his garden, and eat his pleasant fruits. I am come into my garden, my sister, [ my ] spouse: I have gathered my myrrh with my spice; I have eaten my honeycomb with my honey; I have drunk my wine with my milk: eat, O friends; drink, yea, drink abundantly, O beloved.” (Song 4.12-Song 5.1).

Note that all the substances quoted above were found in the garden. As nobody find wine alcoholic in a garden, therefore the wine here is grape juice.

Come to question: why the wine of Jesus was the good wine? Two things characterized the inferior wine:

•      It was diluted;
  •     It had lost a little of his sweetness for sake of commencing of the fermentation.

The wine of Jesus was 100% pure: without dilution or fermentation. This wine grants to all people full satisfaction without collateral effects:

•      “The blessing of the LORD, it maketh rich, and he addeth no sorrow with it.” (Prov 10.22).

With this, Jesus was showing His glory, that is, that He doesn’t against the happiness. So much so that in the law was written:

•      “And thou shalt bestow that money for whatsoever thy soul lusteth after, for oxen, or for sheep, or for wine, or for strong drink, or for whatsoever thy soul desireth: and thou shalt eat there before the LORD thy God, and thou shalt rejoice, thou, and thine household,” (Deut 14.26).

Nevertheless, in the law, each person will have that to make preternatural effort to not enjoy oneself beyond of measure:

•      “Rejoice not, O Israel, for joy, as [ other ] people: for thou hast gone a whoring from thy God, thou hast loved a reward upon every cornfloor.” (Hosea 9.1).

Everything that the Eternal give us it is for our happiness and satisfaction:

•      “Charge them that are rich in this world, that they be not highminded, nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God, who giveth us richly all things to enjoy;” (1Tim 6.17).
  •  

This includes the wine:

•      “And wine that maketh glad the heart of man, And oil to make his face to shine, And bread that strengtheneth man's heart.” (Psa 104:15)
  •      “A feast is made for laughter, and wine maketh merry: but money answereth all things.” (Ecc 10:19).
  •      “Therefore prophesy thou against them all these words, and say unto them, The LORD shall roar from on high, and utter his voice from his holy habitation; he shall mightily roar upon his habitation; he shall give a shout, as they that tread [ the grapes ], against all the inhabitants of the earth.” (Jer 25.30).
  •      “And gladness is taken away, and joy out of the plentiful field; and in the vineyards there shall be no singing, neither shall there be shouting: the treaders shall tread out no wine in [ their ] presses; I have made [ their vintage ] shouting to cease.” (Isa 16.10).

However, it is as said Paul:

•      “All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any.” (1Cor 6.12).
  •      “All things are lawful for me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but all things edify not.” (1Cor 10.23).

In other words, material goods are to our happiness, but we have to discern about how to use:

o   How much to consume;

o   What it is for us and what must serve as excuse to approach us of the Eternal in the life of the neighbor (see Exo 23.15; 34.20; Deut 16.16).

All it is for our benefit (1Cor 3.21-23). To us it is given the freedom to use all things (1Cor 6.12; 10.23). However, for all these things God will bring each one into judgment (Ecc 11.9). For the law (which is linked with wine), we never ever will get the complete satisfaction and always will have be careful to not be subdued by the object of our satisfaction and become inconvenient.

When, nevertheless, we allow Jesus to bless the people through us, His joy is our strength (Nehemiah 8.10) and nobody can rob it.

Edited by Leonardo Von