IGNORED

The Pride of the Nations Will Fall

Christ's Free Servant

Guest jckduboise

If we don't want harsh judgement then we had better start judging the thoughts and attitudes of our hearts thuroughly because God will (Heb 4:12) and if we find that we are lacking in our faithfulness to God, if we find that we are hypocritical, if we find that we act proudly, treat others poorly, are boastful when we should be humble..then look to God and ask for redemption of those things which hold us back from the Glory of God and eternal life in His Kingdom. Because if we do not we will be judged.....we are ALL going to be.

We are in a time I truly believe, by the leading of the Holy Spirit, that just mouthing the word Christian and putting on a good show is not sufficient. 1 Peter 4:17 has been stated 2 times in this thread that I know of and we will be judged first..also the letters to the churches in Revelations of the 7, 5 had abhorable things against them in the eyes of God..

In other words, even though we reach a certain height in our walk with God we will still be judged and we will face losing our places in the kingdom. There is no confusion in those words.

It is wonderful to have the knowledge that we have a place reserved for us in Heaven. I glorify God in this and am in awe of the fact that I have been invited. But if I become lazy in my dilligence to lean on the Lord to keep my path straight and fall back into old ways of doing and thinking, if I am so bold as to rest in this knowledge and do not keep reverence for the Lord and respect of His Almightyness then I am laughing in the face of God and I face harsh judgement.

We all (each and everyone of us) know what we are and what we do. We all know how we live and how we are supposed to live. If we are not doing it and just continue to think we have a place of honor at the wedding feast, the table WILL be empty.

Many are invited few will be chosen. Noah and 7 others in the entire world were kept alive. Yet many were invited to have life. Everyone else perished in their sin, and they all knew what was needed to be given LIFE and they chose to ignore it. Now I know that someone is probably going to comment on the fact that I bring Noah into the picture and that what occured in the OT isn't applicable in this day and age and just to end that I will say "poppycock" now and be done with it..

It all applies to EVERYONE every single day. No exceptions..IMHO

I have accepted the invitation of God to be with Him eternally and I treat it with respect. I keep in mind that He is my God and He loves me and that I do have a place in Heaven. I have been chosen and I know this and have absolutely no doubt that Christ dying on the Cross was sufficient for me. It is the souls of others that I cry out to today, take Him seriously, He isn't joking at all. We have all witnessed throughout the bible that He finally does say enough is enough. We are in the FINAL days..we don't have much time left. I am frightened for many who claim Christ and claim to be part of the church.

Blessings to all.

Right, I am assuming we are talking about a genuine believer, here. Unless you believe one can lose their salvation, which I do not. I believe one can be in a backslidden state and still born again. For the apostate, there is no hope, though, and I know we agree on that.

I remember growing up in the early '80's. I had Christian friends who used to worry about going into a movie theater for fear that the rapture may occur and they'd miss it because they had "backslidden." I always thought it was a little dopey, but somehow it seems to fit the unBiblical theology of some here. I would draw your attention to the parable our Lord told of The Generous Employer, found in Matthew 20:1-16. The words of the employer (the Lord) are very striking to me:

"Am I not allowed to do what I choose with what belongs to me? Or do you begrudge my generosity?' 16 So the last will be first, and the first last."

The workers who had been working all day got the same pay as those who worked just one hour. There are many applications one can glean from this parable, one them being the reward for all believers will be the same, that is, entrance into the kingdom without having to pass some kind of test, ie., our Lord measuring their works or the softness of their hearts or even the strength of their devotion to Him. You cannot apply man's standards, you have to apply G-d's. I can look at you and say, "You are such a worldy Christian, the Lord's gonna judge you for that." But that's what I would do, not G-d. Either the Blood of Jesus covers it all, or it doesn't. The "get right or get left" preaching should be reserved for unbelievers, not believers, for even a worldly believer (one who just worked the hour) gets into heaven just like the Billy Grahams (those who worked all day). Seems unfair, but grace is like that. Now, don't carry grace to an extreme, like Paul warned, because then you'd be misunderstanding the nature of grace and what I am saying.

What I get from your post, the parts in highlighted, is that you believe Christians will be judged along with unbelievers, If this is true, then you misunderstand the judgments in Revelation. Either that or you are pure Arminian in your view, and I have never met a pure Arminian, whose grip on salvation depends on their own actions. That is a tenuous grip at best; that is works-based salvation, not a grace-based salvation.

hmmm...well the judgments will come and we will all be judged and there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus and this is for the true believer.. I do not know what an Arminian is and don't want to..

I am not so sure about osas and will continue on the path that I am because that is what God tells me to do..as far as works..with out faith works are dead, without works faith is dead..

I have been obedient to the Lord in what I posted earlier and I don't see where there has been any misinterpretation of what was said according to scripture..

Have a good day. :emot-hug:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,026
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0

A person must repent of their sins and be born again to inherit the Kingdom.

"Getting saved" is about a changed life through repentance...Making a u turn.

One dosn't inherit the kingdom of God in a backslidden condition.

That is false doctrine and deception.

It could cause a new believer to stumble because it tells them..."make a confession, but if you go and live in sin again don't worry about it you'll still be saved".

Thats bogus.

"Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new." -2nd Corinthians 5:17

Joh 3:5 Jesus answered, "I tell you the truth, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the Spirit."

Matthew 5:20 For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven.

Guest jckduboise
A person must repent of their sins and be born again to inherit the Kingdom.

"Getting saved" is about a changed life through repentance...Making a u turn.

One dosn't inherit the kingdom of God in a backslidden condition.

That is false doctrine and deception.

It could cause a new believer to stumble because it tells them..."make a confession, but if you go and live in sin again don't worry about it you'll still be saved".

Thats bogus.

"Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new." -2nd Corinthians 5:17

Joh 3:5 Jesus answered, "I tell you the truth, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the Spirit."

Matthew 5:20 For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven.

:D

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

I do wish somebody would have a vision about another country other than America.

I agree Marnie. I just saw an old tree that fell over in a storm, it happens. Move on. I"m more concerned about the traitor known as Cindy Sheehan calling our troops, rapeist's, murders and calling the president names I won't even repete. Now we have people out there changing the words to God Bless America, making us the bad guys. Let's stay focused on what is really important. We have people trying to kill us and men and women fighting to keep us safe. That is what is really important don't you think? Thanks again Marnie. :D

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,026
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

I do wish somebody would have a vision about another country other than America.

I agree Marnie. I just saw an old tree that fell over in a storm, it happens. Move on. I"m more concerned about the traitor known as Cindy Sheehan calling our troops, rapeist's, murders and calling the president names I won't even repete. Now we have people out there changing the words to God Bless America, making us the bad guys. Let's stay focused on what is really important. We have people trying to kill us and men and women fighting to keep us safe. That is what is really important don't you think? Thanks again Marnie. :D

I think people are different and God gives each of us diverse gifts. What is important to some isn't necessarily going to be as important to others.

We have different passions.

We shouldn't try to censor those we don't understand or agree with, so long as they are behaving decently.

We all have the right to avoid topics that bother us.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  52
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  01/07/1989

christ free servant,

i hope you don't have any trees in your yard that topples over during a storm it could be a sign towards you. i think you are misrepresenting the scriptures and the tree falling.

OC

In addition to this christ free servant

if you want to warn America to wake then hearld this gospel message from the pages of God's word

I notice you only say it was "ONE" tree that fell but the scriptures you use to back up what you are thinking does not fit what you saw. The scripture in Zechariah chapter 11 talks about the PRIDE of TWO trees. So how do you rectify all of this you have said thus far when it was only ONE tree that fell.

OC

To Oc. the plural or single case of the tree i believe does not matter. It is if you had a orchard of peach trees and you say the cherry tree is among them. That can mean one or more.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

I agree Marnie. I just saw an old tree that fell over in a storm, it happens. Move on. I"m more concerned about the traitor known as Cindy Sheehan calling our troops, rapeist's, murders and calling the president names I won't even repete. Now we have people out there changing the words to God Bless America, making us the bad guys. Let's stay focused on what is really important. We have people trying to kill us and men and women fighting to keep us safe. That is what is really important don't you think? Thanks again Marnie. :b:

It wouldn't do you much good to hear prophesies about Uganda now, would it? :)

Guest jckduboise

I agree Marnie. I just saw an old tree that fell over in a storm, it happens. Move on. I"m more concerned about the traitor known as Cindy Sheehan calling our troops, rapeist's, murders and calling the president names I won't even repete. Now we have people out there changing the words to God Bless America, making us the bad guys. Let's stay focused on what is really important. We have people trying to kill us and men and women fighting to keep us safe. That is what is really important don't you think? Thanks again Marnie. :whistling:

It wouldn't do you much good to hear prophesies about Uganda now, would it? :)

truly :cool:

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  12/31/1949

Zechariah 11:1-3:

"Open your doors, O Lebanon,

so that fire may devour your cedars!

Wail, O pine tree, for the cedar has fallen;

the stately trees are ruined!

Wail, oaks of Bashan;

the dense forest has been cut down!

Listen to the wail of the shepherds;

their rich pastures are destroyed!

Listen to the roar of the lions;

the lush thicket of the Jordan is ruined!"

I wanted to understand the meaning of these verses, so I researched it in two different commentaries:

1) "The pride of these two, the cedars of Lebanon and the oaks of Bashan, is to be destroyed... The two means of destruction of trees, fire and axe, are irresistible as God prepares the way for the return of his people... Even the lush thicket of the Jordan does not escape the terrifying arrival of the Lord in delivering judgment."

2) "Some interpret this brief poem as a taunt song anticipating the lament that will be sung over the destruction of the nations' power and arrogance, represented by the cedar, the pine and the oak. Their kings are represented by the shepherds and the lions... Now the scene is one of desolation for the land, followed by the threat of judgment and disaster for both land and people."

Zechariah 13:7-9: