Joshua-777

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  970
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0

I remember a comic once when students were learning about the 'big bang' theory.

One boy talking to another boy: "Well if there really was a big bang, then God pulled the trigger."

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

I remember a comic once when students were learning about the 'big bang' theory.

One boy talking to another boy: "Well if there really was a big bang, then God pulled the trigger."

lol thats comedy,

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  211
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  09/14/2006

Actually, many Bible scholars believe the Earth to have been created in six literal days. The Hebrew word used, "Yom," literally refers to an either the light portion of the light/dark cycle or a whole light/dark cycle. It's used 2,301 times in the Old Testament alone, and in every other place it's translated as 'one day'. The geneologies of Genesis 5 and 11 also make it clear that the Earth was created only about 6000 years ago. (other than the abbreviated geneology in Matthew 1).

Also, from a more philosophical perspective, millions of years violates God's character. It wouldn't be logical for Him to allow millions/billions of years of death, suffering, and pain then say, "It is very good." God also makes it clear that man was set apart from other animals, created from the dust of the ground... not evolved from apes.

(Cited from Answers In Genesis; The New Answers Book)

God bless! :th_praying:

Akiko

• Topic Count:  77
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  248
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  01/05/1946

For your information the Big Bang! May just come via Revelations! When an asteroid hits the earth.

Liz

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  211
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  09/14/2006

Actually, many Bible scholars believe the Earth to have been created in six literal days. The Hebrew word used, "Yom," literally refers to an either the light portion of the light/dark cycle or a whole light/dark cycle. It's used 2,301 times in the Old Testament alone, and in every other place it's translated as 'one day'. The geneologies of Genesis 5 and 11 also make it clear that the Earth was created only about 6000 years ago. (other than the abbreviated geneology in Matthew 1).

Also, from a more philosophical perspective, millions of years violates God's character. It wouldn't be logical for Him to allow millions/billions of years of death, suffering, and pain then say, "It is very good." God also makes it clear that man was set apart from other animals, created from the dust of the ground... not evolved from apes.

(Cited from Answers In Genesis; The New Answers Book)

God bless! :cool:

Akiko

Actually the vast majority of Bible scholars do not believe in a 6 literal day creation. That belief is limited to a few denominations. Yom, literally refers to both literal days and periods of time. Go back to Strongs or Vienes and look at every time Yom was used. What do you see?

No true old Earth Creationist holds man evolved. Actually, death in the plant and animal kingdom is quite good. It is good and normal. Just FYI, author of the source you are using has basically been destroyed on the debate circuit. His credibility has been greatly damaged. Hugh Ross made him look so bad that I actually felt sorry for Ken.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. As long as God created it, I've got no major, in-your-face problem. :21:

Guest Hentenza

Hi all, have anyone been to reasons.org. The website is science-faith think tank. I think you all will find it interesting.

Even with the big bang theory someone had to light the match :whistling:

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.07
  • Days Won:  78

Hi all, have anyone been to reasons.org. The website is science-faith think tank. I think you all will find it interesting.

Even with the big bang theory someone had to light the match :24:

It's an interesting site, Hentenza. I'll be checking it out further as time permits. Thanks for posting that. :whistling:

Still, I find no person on here has answered my question. To all Christians who do not believe in the Big Bang, What mechanism did God use to create the Earth? How did He do it? If the universe is 6000 years old, how do we have observable light coming from systems conservatively 7 billion light years away? Why would God create a universe that testifies to the fact that it is app 100 billion years old, if it is only 6000 years old.

No where in the bible does it say the universe is 6000 years old. What mechanism did God use? His words, ya know "Let there be light" Actualy I can't comprehend the mind of God, I do not know what mechanism he used, if he used any, I can say that he did.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.07
  • Days Won:  78

I don't see how you can find this to be a satisfying answer. You have basically said God created the universe, and when pressed further, you call the question unanswerable because you can't understand god's mind. Well, why not skip a step and conclude that the question is unanswerable right from the start?

The question is only unanswerable to one who is in the dark (literally.) :b:

Still, I find no person on here has answered my question. To all Christians who do not believe in the Big Bang, What mechanism did God use to create the Earth? How did He do it? If the universe is 6000 years old, how do we have observable light coming from systems conservatively 7 billion light years away? Why would God create a universe that testifies to the fact that it is app 100 billion years old, if it is only 6000 years old.

No where in the bible does it say the universe is 6000 years old. What mechanism did God use? His words, ya know "Let there be light" Actualy I can't comprehend the mind of God, I do not know what mechanism he used, if he used any, I can say that he did.

I don't see how you can find this to be a satisfying answer. You have basically said God created the universe, and when pressed further, you call the question unanswerable because you can't understand god's mind. Well, why not skip a step and conclude that the question is unanswerable right from the start?

Honestly, as far as the universe, the bible doesn't give a time, and it doesn't give a time that the earth lay there void. So therefore the bible doesn't say the universe is 6000 years old. It doesn't specify an age.

What is very interesting is with the word day in genesis 1.

H3117

יום

yôm

yome

From an unused root meaning to be hot; a day (as the warm hours), whether literally (from sunrise to sunset, or from one sunset to the next), or figuratively (a space of time defined by an associated term), (often used adverbially): - age, + always, + chronicles, continually (-ance), daily, ([birth-], each, to) day, (now a, two) days (agone), + elder, X end, + evening, + (for) ever (-lasting, -more), X full, life, as (so) long as (. . . live), (even) now, + old, + outlived, + perpetually, presently, + remaineth, X required, season, X since, space, then, (process of) time, + as at other times, + in trouble, weather, (as) when, (a, the, within a) while (that), X whole (+ age), (full) year (-ly), + younger.

In hebrew doesn't specify an age either, in definition, it could be a whole age, a literal day, as you can see, the word yom carries a long definition.

Now, as far as this question being unanswerable, it honestly is, It's one of those things, no one can truly know unless they where there.

Josh-13 said "Actualy I can't comprehend the mind of God, I do not know what mechanism he used, if he used any, I can say that he did." He just about literally said that the question is unanswerable. I don't believe it's unanswerable, and I definitely don't believe we should quit before we at least give a serious try.

I said I don't know How God created the universe. now, interesting you say you dont believe it's unanswerable, when you don't know if there is or isn't a God, how can you come close to comprehending the mind of God? I never said that I wouldn't like to know, I just simply answered, I do not know what mechanism he used, honestly neither do you.

What I know, God created the universe, how? he placed every piece together. He spoke and it happened, I seriously doubt he used gravitational sigularity or anything like that.