chrisb

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  470
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

No Natt, I don't still go to the Mormon church. And I'm very positive that I never will again, Mormons have never been anything but nice to me, but I could not follow beliefs that Undermine Scripture.

:21:

I agree with you. They are nice people

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  232
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Mormons consider their religion to be Christian---they follow Jesus, etc. They are not mainstream Christians and don't always hold up to the Bible or the creeds in the eyes of others, and therefore are most often not considered Christian. I personally don't care what they believe---it's their religion, and as long as they don't knock on my door 24/7, I'm cool. :whistling:

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  28
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Something that I'm unlcear of is, If Mormons believe in God, they belive in Jesus Christ as the son of God, and accept him into their hearts as their personal lord and savior, how can they not be Christians?

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  28
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Something that I'm unlcear of is, If Mormons believe in God, they belive in Jesus Christ as the son of God, and accept him into their hearts as their personal lord and savior, how can they not be Christians?

Guest LadyC

the Jesus they believe in is not the same Jesus of the Bible. he may go by the same name, but has not got the characteristics of Christ.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  1,447
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

They reject that Jesus is actually God in the flesh. To them he was just another created being. That is a total rejection of the historic orthodox catholic faith.

sw

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  470
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

The Jesus they have was created by intercourse between Mary and God(who to them is a man). Jesus also had to prove himself worthy on Earth and it wasn't until after he was crucified he became a God. Jesus and Satan are also brothers. etc....

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

They also do not rely on Him for salvation as we know it. What they call salvation is the general resurrection of everyone lost and "saved". What "saves" them and gets them to that heaven that includes God (in their religion) is belief in the mormon religion and Joseph Smith. And their Jesus isnt the Jesus we know. To them, as God once was, so are we now. Jesus and satan are brothers (denying the only begotten Son part) and they will be gods one day too, as we will all be gods one day. The attributes they give to Jesus is nothing like the Jesus we know. They are not a Christian religion.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

Mormons consider their religion to be Christian---they follow Jesus, etc. They are not mainstream Christians and don't always hold up to the Bible or the creeds in the eyes of others, and therefore are most often not considered Christian. I personally don't care what they believe---it's their religion, and as long as they don't knock on my door 24/7, I'm cool. :whistling:

It is a religion of the lost, and we should be concerned for their souls as much as any other lost person.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  829
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  07/26/1943

It is a religion of the lost, and we should be concerned for their souls as much as any other lost person.

I think they now try to call themselves Christians because it is more accepted as a "normal" religion. But really they don't believe that Christ is 100% human and 100% God. They also don't read the Bible very much. So if one starts talking to them about Scripture most of them are a bit lost. They are told it's a valid book and they are told to tell people they proselyze that it's their foundational book, but it isn't. They do primarily all their studying on the Pearl of Great Price/The Book of Mormon. Sad that the young boys are reeled in to such programming so young.