IGNORED

Wearing Pants on Vistiation (aka, Soulwinning)

kittylover0991

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

Last thought , it is up to a church what they decide they want memebers to do and even wear, but they should not force this upon everyone else outside of the church. If my church started to bring in such rules and regulations then I would consider leaving.

No, the church has no business telling its members what they should and shouldn't wear, unless a member is in very clear violation of Biblical morality. The Bible, not man's ideas, should be our guide in all matters.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5,266
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/21/1954

The pants or skirts discussion has nothing to do with living under the law. It has to do with the admonition to "adorn themselves in modest apparel." And at some point in each person's walk, they need to come to terms with what is "modest apparel" How do they determine that? Who is the one who determines that in each life.

No, its not the Law, but it is a bondage to man's doctrine, or opinion. Pants are no more modest or immodest than a dress or skirt. The moment you tell a young lady she should wear a dress for modesty's sake, you have put her in bondage to your opinion. That's not the Law, of course, but it is a form of a "yoke of slavery."

Which is why I never tell anyone what to wear, rather I tell them to seek the Lord's will on the manner. I am not under bondage to any man's opinion, but I am a servant of the Lord and will do what He leads me to do, without worrying wehther anyone thinks I am being legalistic or using my liberty for license. It is only God I seek to please.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  940
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

No, its not the Law, but it is a bondage to man's doctrine, or opinion. Pants are no more modest or immodest than a dress or skirt. The moment you tell a young lady she should wear a dress for modesty's sake, you have put her in bondage to your opinion. That's not the Law, of course, but it is a form of a "yoke of slavery."

Well said.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

pants are immodest

Says who?

Dont be so legalistic kitty.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

This does bring up a point tho that is a pet peeve of mine. The scripture about being modest, to me, doesnt limit itself to how the clothes cover the body, but how flamboyant one is. To me, it is far more immodest for a woman to wear a properly cut dress, but wears heavy make up, wears a lot of sparkly jewelry, and is overall decked out in a way to garner attention. Is dressing to get attention or to call attention to ones wealth being modest? Its not sexual, but its not modest in the least. I find that just as appalling as someone else would find a Christian woman wearing a skirt that was too short.

1 Timothy 2: 9 In the same way also, I desire that women adorn themselves in decent clothing, with modesty and sensibleness, not adorned with braiding, or gold, or pearls, or costly clothing,

10 but with good works, which becomes women professing godliness.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  940
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

This does bring up a point tho that is a pet peeve of mine. The scripture about being modest, to me, doesnt limit itself to how the clothes cover the body, but how flamboyant one is. To me, it is far more immodest for a woman to wear a properly cut dress, but wears heavy make up, wears a lot of sparkly jewelry, and is overall decked out in a way to garner attention. Is dressing to get attention or to call attention to ones wealth being modest? Its not sexual, but its not modest in the least.

Well said and concurred.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

but I REALLY dont' want it to turn into an argument/discussion about what is and is not modest, since we all obviously disagree heavily on the matter.

Well, that worked. :th_praying:

what about a new Christian?

I'm going to forgo "the letter of the law" so to speak and address the "spirit of the law" - that of how to teach a new believer how to live and walk the Christian life.

First of all, I think IR gave some good advice on this.

Now for my 2 cents.

In principle, you shouldn't dump too much on a new believer. Case in point, I have heard of true stories that took place primarily on the '70's, where Hippies came to know Jesus, but then wouldn't be allowed into church until they "cleaned up." Sadly, many new Christians gave up on Christianity without barely getting past the starting gate.

If you are discipling someone, meaning they are looking to you for spiritual council, you should begin with the 10 Commandments, as far as how to live and what to give up. But the best thing you can do is encourage them to ask the Holy Spirit (knowing that Jesus said the Spirit would lead us and guide us into righteousness), to convict her on things she is doing that displease Him. Let her learn the Lord's conviction for herself.

I've heard testimonies of people who soon after becoming saved had changes in their desires soon afterwards.

I hope that helps.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  1,822
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  11/16/1967

damo1

thats right the church has no business telling its members what they should or should not be wearing when it comes to dress codes my partner is a filapino pastor she does not tell the women in the main church and the new church that they are to only wear pants she dresses the way she sees fit my partner is comfterbal in wearing pants and skirts and dresses does this mean she is in sin or is doing something wrong ?

what a women wears in church or in the public should be of no ones concern

we do not have sharia law or do we live in islam were the women have to fulley cover them selves this is what i am against no matter what is said by what i leave hear it is wrong to tel a women to fulley cover her self

i see nothing wrong with what my partner wears she looks preety in what ever she has on but she tells me she weres pants because its part of the uniform for a female pastor she has a nice silk shirt with the churches name so when she greets you you know she is the head pastor

she also looks good in shorts as she does wear shorts when she is away from the church the philippines is a hot place and when it comes to pants especialy black it sticks to your skin

i am about to buy her three dreeses that are on sale in australia and send this off to her

oh hear is something i am going to leave hear just want to hear your thoughts on this in my partners country women are comfterbal breast feeding their new borns in our main church we have sevral mothers with new borns who breast feed their new borns while my partner is preaching since this is about women wearing pants

we do not tel the new mothers its against the law and please refrain from breast feeding your child it does not worry my partner

wil you throw this in as dress code if a mother were to walk into one of your congregations what wil your reaction be if a mother were to breast feed her new born just as the pastor was to preach the morning message

church should be a place were we feel comfterbal with out the restrictions i do not wear a full suit to church like i have seen other men do in my country i am not hear to impress jesus or those around me but i do wear casual clothes to church

intresting subject though

god bless from damo

• Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,043
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  5

I have to keep on reminding myself that pants = trousers. Pants here in UK means something quite different and i keep on thinking of people in their underwear, certainly if people just turned up in their pants here then yes that would create quite a stir!

To be honest this whole thing over women wearing trousers is just plain stupid hoo-ha.

All this has come about because people have wrongly interpreted the following

Duet 22:5 The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the LORD thy God.

SO what exactly does this mean? It certainly does not mean women should not wear trousers. I doubt anyone in those days had even seen trousers let alone wore them. Through history men have mainly worn various forms and styles of trousers and shorts and it is generally considered a male item of clothing, but I see it more as a unisex form of clothing. What exactly is the problem with women wearing trousers, it certainly does not violate Duet :22.5

Deuteronomy is an instruction against cross dressing, to dress in a way that passes you off as someone of the opposite sex. We only have to look at the homosexual community to see this happening, women dressing like men and men as women in such a way that if you gave them a quick glance you would think that they are the gender the dressed up to look like. this is what the verse is about, not a petty legalistic argument over what technically is a woman

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  102
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

I'm not one to claim any sense of authority on such matters, but usually I lean on the conservative side of the issue. However, wearing pants or a skirt on visitation seems to be a side note to the whole point. I'm sorry that I didn't read all the posts, but the important issue to this whole topic is that someone is in need, a lady I guess wants to go along on visitation (admirable, since it really is a lost ministry), and the encouragement and prayers are necessary. Not to mention that skirt only pushers can open up a great big can of worms with length and type of skirt. ***I believe a woman should wear a nice dress or blouse/shirt to church services*** Other functions should be evaluated accordingly*** Modesty is keeping yourself covered and not showing it off for personal attention and gain. If you have to look in the mirror to enjoy it then you probably need to put something else on for the sake of all the man eyes around. Just a thought.