IGNORED

Wearing Pants on Vistiation (aka, Soulwinning)

kittylover0991

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  46
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/25/1970

I thought I have found a better place than ChristianForums.com, but sadly it is not so. I am convinced it's something to do with not been able to see each other's faces. :thumbsup:

worthyboards is a wonderful place. but there are some topics which spark a lot of heated debate. THIS topic is usually in the controversial thread, and might should have been moved there so that people who try hard to demonstrate self discipline by avoiding that forum would be less tempted.

the political threads usually turn very heated too.

there is a lot of good fellowship here at WB.

Another problem is that instead of looking at this as a topic of debate, everyone starts taking everything personal. There are people that believe things I am doing are sinful, but I don't get all up in arms because they tell me I am doing something they consider to be wrong. For instance, I know of pastors that don't believe it is right to have a tv set. If there was a thread on that topic, I might not agree with them, but I would not attack them as legalists, and tell them they have no right to their opinion. Even if they said I was in sin, so what? If I believe it is ok to have a tv set, I will have one. If I decide they were right, I will get rid of it.

The other thing is that these topics go off track. This one was dealing with appropriate clothing while going soul winning, and it went off into pants in general, as well as numerous other topics like legalism. If we would do a better job staying on subject, things would likely work out better as well.

You know when the issue in question is the moral judgment of an action, anybody who does that action feels judged. It gets personal because that is how it is felt, and unless we reflect on that it will repeat itself every time.

I personally do not see anything wrong for a woman to wear pants, I do not feel it immodest at all.

If that is your belief, so be it. The thing that is bad to me is that a member of WB comes here with a sincere question. When everyone is answering her and has the same opinion, there is peace. When someone answers her with an opinion that is contrary to the others, they can't have that. They have to silence that person. I don't know if it is because the person asking the question might be influenced by that person's view, or because they are personally offended, but either way, if we are not allowed to ask questions, and then receive honest answers, what good are the forums? If everyone has to look at everything alike, why have debates? :whistling:

I don't know Butero. I really don't know who is at fault in this particular instance. What happens is that I am burnt out from many expereinces in different forums. I am seriously considering leaving this one for good and never be at a christian internet board in my life.

I just don't know if Christians can debate as brethren, and this i really ripping me apart. :noidea:

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68

:whistling:

Sometimes it takes me awhile to figure out what is bothering me so much about what some people are posting. I think i have finally figured it out. Please go here: http://www.coldwatercreek.com/Products/Pro...nsembleid=46001 Take a look at that outfit. Is it modest? Yes. is it feminine? Yes. Would your husbands look silly wearing that? Yes. That's all there is to it. The lame excuses? They're not needed, not only that, but they are offensive to ladies who wear dresses/skirts alot or all the time. My skirt is no more likely to blow up than your zipper is to come open. When my skirt does blow up even a little. I know right away. If your zipper comes open, you may not know for a long time. But you know what? That is BESIDES the point! I do not have to go to great lengths in order to be modest in skirts, I do not wear skirts above the knee, nor do I wear dresses with plunging necklines, my skirts extremely rarely blow up, and I think to be concerned about appering 'cultish' is ridiculous. I certainly hope ya'll are not living your lives in fear of the world thinking you seem 'cultish'. When you attack the modesty of skirts and defend yourself with lame excuses such as slips are uncomfortable, etc., etc. it's like your grasping. You dont need to grasp. It's also causes much division. There's no need for that.

Respect people, respect! Go back and look at your posts, ask yourself, would I say that to my grandmother? Also, dont be so focused on how wrong everyone else is, that you lose sight of being responsible for yourself.

Hi Emily Anne,

I really don't need to look at all the outfits as I can tell the difference as I am a conservative. I am very glad that you've never had the experience of your dress to blow up in public. However I have had the experience of this happening to me and I was ver very embarrassed to say the least. Once I was in the mountains and they had a bridge that we both wanted to cross and my skirt was already blowing up pretty good before we even got to the bridge but thought I would be alright and we started across the bridge and I didn't even make it halfway across and my skirt kept blowing sraight up and I didn't have enough hands to keep it down I had to hurry to the car and I couldn't enjoy the trip because of a dress. Had the same thing happen at the beach and all I could do is just sit down as I couldn't enjoy that trip either.

I could go to my grandmother and tell her what is on my mind anytime I wanted to and for that I am very grateful but unfortunately

she has passed. I don't think men's zippers applies to this thread. As far as my husband wearing those outfits I am glad he wouldn't do that which I am glad I have a Christian husband and we both are conservative.

I have always wondered about this as it really does bug me. There are men who say that wearing dresses and skirts is a sin and that is there personal belief and conviction. Now I am talking about Christian men who have this conviction now there is no way that those who believe this way can defile themselves making themselves dirty unless they go and do what their conviction tells them to not do.

I have enjoyed conversing with you on this topic :thumbsup:

OC

• Topic Count:  146
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,308
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

:thumbsup:
Sometimes it takes me awhile to figure out what is bothering me so much about what some people are posting. I think i have finally figured it out. Please go here: http://www.coldwatercreek.com/Products/Pro...nsembleid=46001 Take a look at that outfit. Is it modest? Yes. is it feminine? Yes. Would your husbands look silly wearing that? Yes. That's all there is to it. The lame excuses? They're not needed, not only that, but they are offensive to ladies who wear dresses/skirts alot or all the time. My skirt is no more likely to blow up than your zipper is to come open. When my skirt does blow up even a little. I know right away. If your zipper comes open, you may not know for a long time. But you know what? That is BESIDES the point! I do not have to go to great lengths in order to be modest in skirts, I do not wear skirts above the knee, nor do I wear dresses with plunging necklines, my skirts extremely rarely blow up, and I think to be concerned about appering 'cultish' is ridiculous. I certainly hope ya'll are not living your lives in fear of the world thinking you seem 'cultish'. When you attack the modesty of skirts and defend yourself with lame excuses such as slips are uncomfortable, etc., etc. it's like your grasping. You dont need to grasp. It's also causes much division. There's no need for that.

Respect people, respect! Go back and look at your posts, ask yourself, would I say that to my grandmother? Also, dont be so focused on how wrong everyone else is, that you lose sight of being responsible for yourself.

Hi Emily Anne,

I really don't need to look at all the outfits as I can tell the difference as I am a conservative. I am very glad that you've never had the experience of your dress to blow up in public. However I have had the experience of this happening to me and I was ver very embarrassed to say the least. Once I was in the mountains and they had a bridge that we both wanted to cross and my skirt was already blowing up pretty good before we even got to the bridge but thought I would be alright and we started across the bridge and I didn't even make it halfway across and my skirt kept blowing sraight up and I didn't have enough hands to keep it down I had to hurry to the car and I couldn't enjoy the trip because of a dress. Had the same thing happen at the beach and all I could do is just sit down as I couldn't enjoy that trip either.

I could go to my grandmother and tell her what is on my mind anytime I wanted to and for that I am very grateful but unfortunately

she has passed. I don't think men's zippers applies to this thread. As far as my husband wearing those outfits I am glad he wouldn't do that which I am glad I have a Christian husband and we both are conservative.

I have always wondered about this as it really does bug me. There are men who say that wearing dresses and skirts is a sin and that is there personal belief and conviction. Now I am talking about Christian men who have this conviction now there is no way that those who believe this way can defile themselves making themselves dirty unless they go and do what their conviction tells them to not do.

I have enjoyed conversing with you on this topic :noidea:

OC

Oh I can definately see how with the wrong skirt/dress it would easily blow up on a bridge! :whistling: Thanks for mentioing that, I'll be sure to take that in consideration anytime I go to a place that has skinny bridges.

I dont think there's anything wrong with telling each other what is on our mind, but we should do it with respect.

I was not speaking of men's zippers. I was speaking of all zippers. Many ladies pants have zippers. But like you said, it doesnt apply to this thread. I dont think the issue of skirts blowing up applies either. Some ladies pants do not have zippers. And some of my dresses are pretty much impossible to blow up. (long, stiff, straight cut, no slit) They'll fill up with air, but they wont blow up.

I am not bothered if someone believes it is sin for me to wear pants. I may disagree, but I am not bothered by their belief.

I have enjoyed conversing with you too, you are one person I dont feel I need to walk on eggshells around.

If everyone has to look at everything alike, why have debates? :whistling:

Where it all goes downhill is when people start taking it personal.

I can't tell you how many times I've heard this..."Stop judging me...you don't know my heart". And then that same person will turn around and say..."I'm right and you're wrong".

And then there's the teasing. Making fun of people. Don't you people know or understand that our words are our witness? Do you think God is blind to what is being said? If I can see it, I'm sure He can also.

Just because you're on a christian website, doesn't mean you have amnesty as to what comes out of your mouth.

If you don't agree with what's being said, state your opinion and move on. If you have to debate, do it in a style that would make God proud to call you His children.

Guest LadyC

emily anne,

i addressed this earlier. but you had left the thread and i'm guessing didn't read through everything earlier.

nobody is condemning you or making fun of you or anyone else for wearing skirts. artsy's comments about appearing cultish weren't in reference to your choice, they were a question she posed regarding women who never wear anything else, even when the situation warrants it, because they feel it is wrong. THAT is what she was asking of you, because she had the impression (rightly or wrongly) at the time she asked it that you wore dresses even when dresses are inappropriate for the activity.

however, you telling us that our reasons, which are valid reasons even if you disagree with them, are LAME, is highly inflammatory, and i really wish you would consider rephrasing it.

butero.... difference between you telling people that wearing slacks is a sin, and me voicing an opinion that dresses with necklines that plunge to the belly button are immodest, is that i'm not going around telling those women they're committing a sin for wearing it. not even to the hooker that came to church wearing just such an outfit a few weeks ago. in fact, nobody told her she was sinning. but she got several warm hugs of welcome. it's God's job to do the convicting.

anyway, still no hard feelings. we can agree to disagree once in a while. :33:

(but, just out of curiousity.... do you feel that bagpipers in the highlands wearing kilts are cross dressing?)

Guest LadyC
If we would do a better job staying on subject, things would likely work out better as well.

I actually agree with you (dunno how often that happens).

anyway, I stayed on topic when I posted & was ignored. guess everyone was too busy fighting like little kids. :33:

hey! i'm not touching you! (sorry, i just had to jump in with the classic kid fight LOL)

emily anne,

*edited to shorten*

nobody is condemning you or making fun of you or anyone else for wearing skirts. *edited to shorten*

but did it ever occur to you, or any of you ladies, that wearing a skirt at strange times (like when hanging drywall?!?!) is actually drawing attention yourselves?
:emot-nod::33:

Lady C, this isn't making fun? Would you like me to quote a few more?

Guest LadyC

emily, i think the question was quite legitimate. whoever it is that made the response with the emoticon could have been taken as making fun of you, (and that was not me, by the way) but i suspect the laughter is at the mental image of a woman hanging drywall in a skirt, not at you.

however, referring to our beliefs as lame excuses is without a doubt ridiculing the individuals, not some mental imagery. and i'm very offended by that.

emily, i think the question was quite legitimate. whoever it is that made the response with the emoticon could have been taken as making fun of you, (and that was not me, by the way) but i suspect the laughter is at the mental image of a woman hanging drywall in a skirt, not at you.

however, referring to our beliefs as lame excuses is without a doubt ridiculing the individuals, not some mental imagery. and i'm very offended by that.

How about this. I as a child, was laughed at because I talk funny. I do talk funny. I am deaf. Put in your head the imagery of me talking like Daffy Duck. Is it ok to laugh since indeed my voice does sound really funny? It's making fun, plain and simple. The imagery of those ladies hangng drywall in dresses, laughing at that, is making fun, plain and simple. Making fun of other people. If you cant see that, well then, it's because you dont want to.

Your beliefs? I said your *beliefs*? Nope indeed. I said the *excuses* were lame, and most importantly, I didnt laugh at or ridicule the excuses. Not only that, did I even mention anyone's name or quote anyone? I simply said they were lame. How can you find that offensive, yet see no offense in the ridiculing (sarcasm and making fun) in this thread?

Unless your sure the person would be laughing with you, then you are laughing at them. I dont think those ladies in dresses hanging drywall would be laughing with you. I think they would be hurt and offended.