IGNORED

Wearing Pants on Vistiation (aka, Soulwinning)

kittylover0991

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

I assume you listen when God speaks to you?

I can't speak for my friend EricH, but G-d speaks to me through His Word.

In your post, and I do respect your opinion and your spirit, you stated:

I could care less what others wear at church as long as it isn't obscene.
Now, I agree 100% with that, and would add a hearty 'AMEN.' For the record, I wear a dress or skirt to church every Sunday, but because I believe in dressing my best for the Lord's House and NO other reason. You made such an excellent, quotable quote, but then you sabotage it by saying this:
You are right about her drawing attention to herself by wearing a skirt, but in a good way
. By implication, you are suggesting the wearing of a skirt is the superior mode of dress. Do you see the issue? Then you throw in "conviction" and it would leave an immature believer to believe that she should dress the same way. And we're back again at the "yoke of bondage."

Now, I am a big believer in bondage, but bondage to G-d's Word and the freedom of the New Life in Christ, not to man's (or women's) teachings on an issue if they are at variance to Scripture.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

I can't believe there is another pant,s/skirts thread so soon after the last one. :laugh:

We are building onto our church, well our sister church's pastors and wives came to help hang drywall. The senior Pastors wife was hanging it in a skirt. I have to say what a wonderful example that was to me. It is my personal conviction to wear a skirt (don't flame me) but I was wearing jeans this day because I thought however can I work in a skirt. It can be done and I believe I was shown how. :laugh:

A wonderful example of what, exactly? I don't mean to flame on you, I think you are a wonderful and sincere person...but did it ever occur to you, or any of you ladies, that wearing a skirt at strange times (like when hanging drywall?!?!) is actually drawing attention yourselves? The very thing you are seeking to avoid? I mean, it's not like Hudson Taylor's phony pony tail during the early days of mission expansion into mainland China!

Like I said, it is my personal conviction to wear a skirt, I feel strange if I'm not wearing one at church. You are right about her drawing attention to herself by wearing a skirt, but in a good way, perhaps I was being convicted again because I'm still thinking about it. :laugh:

Honestly, I could care less what others wear at church as long as it isn't obscene.

I would be interested in understanding how you arrived at this conviction. On what is it based?

A woman wears a skirt to church is what I've aways been taught. I attend a conservative church where most of the ladies wear a skirt at all times and I am taught by example from the aged women. As for the personal conviction, I don't know how I can explain a it to you in any other way. I assume you listen when God speaks to you? So do I.

I was not trying to be cute. I was really trying to understand how you arrived at the conclusion you did. How did God reveal to you that is what He wanted for you?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  220
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/28/1966

Just don't wear pants...

Wear britches instead.

:laugh:

Guest LadyC

i rarely wear a skirt. i like them long-ish and flowing... but i find it to be quite an immodest moment of humiliation when the wind catches it and blows it up over my waist... :24:

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Well, since the convo. is going this way.

I wore a skirt once the first day of lab. Lab 1 is about teaching anatomical terms - regions of the bodies and such. As I was trying to point out different areas on myself to show the students, I soon discovered, while lifting my leg up for them to see, that wearing a skirt that day was a very, very bad idea. :24:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  700
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Birthday:  12/11/1977

I assume you listen when God speaks to you?

I can't speak for my friend EricH, but G-d speaks to me through His Word.

In your post, and I do respect your opinion and your spirit, you stated:

I could care less what others wear at church as long as it isn't obscene.
Now, I agree 100% with that, and would add a hearty 'AMEN.' For the record, I wear a dress or skirt to church every Sunday, but because I believe in dressing my best for the Lord's House and NO other reason. You made such an excellent, quotable quote, but then you sabotage it by saying this:
You are right about her drawing attention to herself by wearing a skirt, but in a good way
. By implication, you are suggesting the wearing of a skirt is the superior mode of dress. Do you see the issue? Then you throw in "conviction" and it would leave an immature believer to believe that she should dress the same way. And we're back again at the "yoke of bondage."

Now, I am a big believer in bondage, but bondage to G-d's Word and the freedom of the New Life in Christ, not to man's (or women's) teachings on an issue if they are at variance to Scripture.

I do hear what you're saying Marnie, but I also said "my personal conviction' was to wear skirts. I'm not going around telling the young in Christ to wear skirts. I think we can agree from the last thread on this subject that not everyone holds the same conviction. That wasn't my intention with my post. Perhaps I shouldn't have shared my story, as that wasn't even what the op was asking.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  700
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Birthday:  12/11/1977

I was not trying to be cute. I was really trying to understand how you arrived at the conclusion you did. How did God reveal to you that is what He wanted for you?

I was not being sarcastic. Perhaps I don't understand the question? Through prayer, His Word, and certain things He showed me is how I came to the conclusion that God wants me to wear a skirt the majority of the time.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

:whistling: It wasn't that bad. Nothing was seen above my knees. It just didn't work out appropriately, that's all.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

I would still like to understand how people arrive at the convictions they do (especially if they are not prescribed). What is behind them?