odditblue

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  95
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0

yup, i miss gary too! and to this day when i go back to read some of his posts - i still dont understand :swordfightsmiles:

I started coming here cos i needed to talk to like minded believers since i didnt have any around me, so chat was my home since 2002. The biggest change for me forced me to register as a memeber - we had to have accounts. before, we could just get into chat without a password or anything. i used go in chat with all sorts of names, one of which was Case and for kicks, i'd go in as strawberry lol.

i have many many fond memories, some of which too personal to write up here. but the one that comes to mind right away was the day that toto_lilpunk opened up to me. the kid had a very very difficult life and he only got along with few people. but one day he snapped at me, apologized, and then took me under his wing right away, tackles and all! I think toward the end he forgot me though cos of his condition, but that ok. :thumbsup:

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

I didn't come til Dec. of '06, but I feel like I've been here forever. I've loved every minute of it! I feel like we are a family.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Grace to you,

Wow! Phewwwwwwwwwww! Thinking about this Ministry and how it has and continues to impact my life leaves me breathless.

I have tried to write something several times but am always left without the words and something meaningless and hollow in it's description. I guess that you have to had lived it, it has made me laugh and it has made me cry, it has stretched my faith and my patience. It has in fact refined me and pruned me, it has left me with less of me and more of Him.

This Ministry has Blessed my life. :th_praying:

Peace,

Dave

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  1,060
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  10/23/1970

I'm one of the oldest active members I think. (In years here, mind you :th_praying: ) It started quite small actually, though I certainly don't remember the details, and wasn't here from the very beginning.

It was mostly a close group of like-minded Christians in the beginning. Members began inviting others and it grew - and brought in others that believed differently - though still Christian. The biggest change came when George created the news service, and we began to get tons of traffic! And this was overnight too. He imediately had to increase the ministry by adding more chat administrators and board mods. Now - the site was receiving not only Christians, but atheists as well. You name it - we had it.

I have often thought the smaller board was like a training ground. It was a comfortable place to learn and to grow. It felt safe and familiar. The larger board was almost overwhelming to me at first, and I wans't sure I liked it because the sense of safety was gone, the sense of comfort was gone. However, as George said - this place is here to serve the Lord and that means reaching out to the lost. And it means righting wrongs and uplifting the downtrodden and it means serving the people in the best way that it can.

Now- - my fondest memory? wow. That's kind of a touchy subject for me, really. There have been many, and couldn't possibly tell you all of them, but I can tell you of one of my fondest posteers. A dear old man named Shadow2be. Gary, for short. He was something else. He could make you laugh outright - or make you madder than an old wet hen. He was a dear friend. It took me a while just learnin to read his "dialect." ;)

I love this place. :rolleyes:

I love and miss Shadow. How is he doing?

It is certainly different now than it was then. I joined shortly before Traveller and sometime after 911. It was much smaller, but big enough to keep things interesting. There was alot more communal teaching and learning then. I miss that more than anything. There was a young lady named Kiwi that was very hungry for learning new things about God and a great hunger for simply knowing God. We certainly had our share of doctrinal debates; although, unfortunately, some turned into throw-down arguements. :th_praying: It was also nice that George had time to be more involved on the boards. One negative thing about that time that I don't see anymore is there were people who would come on here and spew false doctrines on just about every topic and some even lead newbie Christians and earnest seekers down a wrong path. I'm glad to see that as God have used the good people in this ministry to grow it, He has also weeded it.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  7,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  12/19/1959

Gary went to be with the Lord. :sherlock:

Gary went to be with the Lord. :laugh:

:sherlock: I didn't even get to say goodbye.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  7,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  12/19/1959

Gary went to be with the Lord. :laugh:

:sherlock: I didn't even get to say goodbye.

None of us did really. Gary left the boards back in the fall of 2004. Regardless, we'll all be reunited one day. That's been promised.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

Gary went to be with the Lord. :wub:

:emot-lwt: I didn't even get to say goodbye.

None of us did really. Gary left the boards back in the fall of 2004. Regardless, we'll all be reunited one day. That's been promised.

Amen. that is our hope and inheritance

I've been around since 2002, having met George "on the job"

I had the honor of actually meeting Gary and Patsy for dinner once. My family later went over to his house another time where my small daughter played with their goats. He was a unique character...quite a Texan in every respect.

It seems that there was more intense fighting in the early days. Conspiracy theories would run amok and there was always Catholic-Protestant fighting that, imo, was needlessly ugly.

Some things never change though. There are a handful of topics that one could post and it would go 40 pages in a day before being shut down by the mods team. The fights havent changed...only the names of the people posting in them.