Bare feet in church??

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,292
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  0

Maybe I'll get blasted for pointing this out...

Does it really surprise anyone that this person has started another thread complaining about their church? Seriously, why do you even still go? :thumbsup:

:laugh:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest essjay

I don't think so. I think it's showing reverence. I do interpretive sign language at my church and I sometimes do it with my shoes off. When God spoke to Moses through the burning bush, Moses took his shoes off. (or at least he did in the movie lol)

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

Come on people. Church should be oppressive.

:thumbsup:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  198
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  1

Does it really surprise anyone that this person has started another thread complaining about their church? Seriously, why do you even still go? :thumbsup:

June 29 was my last day there.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  33
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  12/15/1946

I remember one day at church that God had me get up and tell the people to take off their shoes "That they were standing on Holy Ground" and everyone did and after church some said that their feet were burning and felt on fire and they knew that it was the Lord and thanked me, so it does make one wonder, however I was brought up in church to show respect and wear my shoes, however there have been times when I have taken my shoes off in the pew, because I was more comfortable and ended up in front praying with/for someone and didn't have my shoes on and God still worked. So who is to say.

Just take it for what it is and blessing to all.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

Does it really surprise anyone that this person has started another thread complaining about their church? Seriously, why do you even still go? :emot-pray:

June 29 was my last day there.

I'm sorry if this sounds a bit harsh, but if someone with bare feet is the only reason you left the fellowship of the Body of Christ, then I'm afraid your intent does not match God's heart. Why do you make this about you, when the Body has nothing to do with you (ie. your self, flesh, etc.)?

I understand that you feel that God, the saints, should be shown respect, however, in terms of the fellowship of the Body, which is essential in the life of all believers, should we not be willing to set aside, even crucify, our own personal preferences and concepts? Isn't the "show of suits and Sunday bests" merely a means of putting on an outward form of righteousness? Granted, we absolutely should dress appropriately, we should consider that being among the saints is not common, and should be revered. However, purposefully dividing oneself for the cause of something as simple as bare feet is really missing the point, and is, quite frankly, petty. On the one hand we should be willing to lay aside our concepts of "church" and yet on the other hand we should be equally balanced: Not too loose, and not to restrictive. Too lose and the Gospel becomes estranged, even damaged. Too restrictive and we kill the saints with religion.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  198
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  1

I brought a couple family members as guests who also thought bare feet were strange and particularly "inappropriate" when they learned those were the pastor's daughters.

The girls sometimes go in and out during the service but do not say "excuse me" and scoot past other people in their row to get out. They actually stand up on the pew and walk across it to the end of the aisle. In our opinion, they are being disrespectful.

However, I'm not just leaving because of this. There are several things I don't like.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  1,822
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  11/16/1967

In Australia the aborigonal christians dont have dress codes especially in the out back and in country towns there kids walk around with out shoes and in my partners country the filapino christians dont have strict dress codes

the people that think we need to abide by dress codes need to think hard and do some digging look at Jesus life look also at how the disciples lived and the people in the villages Jesus and his disciples found them selves in

if you are ever in Australia and you come across an aborigonal christian church and start complaining you will get rebuked

we have single mothers in our new church in la castellana who breast feed their kids and its a no no where i live and it was a no no in the country community i moved from i know of a single mother that got told she was never to come to church all because she was breast feeding her new born child

so what the pastors daughters run around the church dont say excuse me we are not in the dark ages

when my partner preaches the kids are not told to be silent we alow the kids to have free reign one young girl comes up to my partner and my partner picks her up and contiues preaching

it puzzles me to how some christians like living in the dark ages

God bless from damo

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  125
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  11/20/1956

It could easily been seen as a sign of respect to remove ones shoes before entering an establishment. Didn't God tell Moses to remove his shoes when approaching him?

This sounds like it might be pressing a button for you. But it's your button so you should seek some prayer for yourself. Lord I pray you bring wise counsel for this challenge.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  162
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,868
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Birthday:  03/23/1964

Note to self:

Never..........I repeat........Never take your shoes off in church :emot-pray: