FighterforJC

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

The evil one is clever. He has used things that God intended to create unity among His people (like the hope of Christ's return, and the Spritual gifts) to be sources of contention among God's people.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

Stop trying to correct the other person by telling them their interpretation is the one that is wrong. Attack the issues, people - not the ones that hold the opinions.

Read this

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  261
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/15/1970

New believers like to know that we're sure of the faith we are shareing with them so it is important that we resolve some of the escatological confusion.

It maybe important that we emphasise the hope that maketh not ashamed and the Love of Christ that demands glory, so they will be ideally drawn to the genuine witness which promises that we will be gloryified with Him if we're crucified with Him.

I was considering whether cross or tribulation, a goal is yet to be broken into agreement with the cross of Christ.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

New believers like to know that we're sure of the faith we are shareing with them so it is important that we resolve some of the escatological confusion.

It maybe important that we emphasise the hope that maketh not ashamed and the Love of Christ that demands glory, so they will be ideally drawn to the genuine witness which promises that we will be gloryified with Him if we're crucified with Him.

I was considering whether cross or tribulation, a goal is yet to be broken into agreement with the cross of Christ.

There are many things in regards to the faith on which we need to be sure (The nature of God; the person and work of Christ; the nature of the scriptures; how people are saved). The exact timing and order of events that will mark the end is not one of those areas. There is room for disagreement among people of the faith regarding the way things will "play out". At our church we have stated what we believe in our doctrinal statement regarding eschatology, but have placed asterisks by these (meaning people do not have to agree with us on these statements regarding the end to be members). I agree with you that it is the sure hope of His return that we emphasize. Not the exact timing and order of the events. But, if someone wants to discuss these things over coffee, I will be glad to do that with them.

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  261
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  03/15/1970

There are many things in regards to the faith on which we need to be sure (The nature of God; the person and work of Christ; the nature of the scriptures; how people are saved). The exact timing and order of events that will mark the end is not one of those areas. There is room for disagreement among people of the faith regarding the way things will "play out". At our church we have stated what we believe in our doctrinal statement regarding eschatology, but have placed asterisks by these (meaning people do not have to agree with us on these statements regarding the end to be members). I agree with you that it is the sure hope of His return that we emphasize. Not the exact timing and order of the events. But, if someone wants to discuss these things over coffee, I will be glad to do that with them.

Greetings,

I am having to rewrite a reply to this post after haveing lost the last one I hope I remember what was said.

I was considering that in the faith that came by hearing the Word of God, the faithfullness of God is what is communicated to us in a world where such is not known. End-times events however they unfold should be subject to these principles of this peculiar justice and faithfulness that impacted our lives upon hearing the gospel.

Because of the abundance of scholarly writings and their differences with regard to the end times we would have to be wisely patient as we await revelation and clarity, though all in all it's the faithfulness of God and His Word which is to be proved in it all as a faithful referance for us in time and eternity.

I think I recovered most of it lol.

Edited by psalmone

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Birthday:  05/16/1962

Hey, how do you suppose Galilean fisherman and simple tentmakers understood the word of God?

Perhaps the same way that you and I can. :th_praying: Jesus spoke in simple stories; you've have to be a real genius to mess it up.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  3,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Birthday:  05/16/1962

But why is the church so divided when it comes to eschatology?

Because we're distracted from the real mission of the church, and we need something to fight about. :laugh:

• 1 month later...

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

It just makes me wonder, I know that one's stand on the end times does not determine one's eternal destination. But why is the church so divided when it comes to eschatology? I can understand how one denomination will differ from another when it comes to things like what type of worship music should be played or how one should dress up for Sunday, but why are we so divided regarding something as huge and important as eschatology? Is it God's intention? Aren't we all led by the same Spirit?

Because NOT EVERY THING HAS BEEN WRITTEN DOWN FOR US TO READ!

THAT IS WHY...... God has NOT given us all the information that we would need to conclude 100% of how things are going to be, so we can only come up with so much that it leaves room for error on every ones part (except God's)

mike

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  80
  • Content Count:  1,595
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

Many of our divisions are the result of a carnal mind more than a doctrinal position.

For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?

1 Cor 3:3 (KJV)

Some things are not given for us to know, but we want to know, yet the information we want is not yet clearly available, and that is God's will also.

When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel? 7 And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.

Acts 1:6-7 (KJV)

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  171
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  07/13/1949

It just makes me wonder, I know that one's stand on the end times does not determine one's eternal destination. But why is the church so divided when it comes to eschatology? I can understand how one denomination will differ from another when it comes to things like what type of worship music should be played or how one should dress up for Sunday, but why are we so divided regarding something as huge and important as eschatology? Is it God's intention? Aren't we all led by the same Spirit?

The trouble is that to many Chritians go by what they either, think or have been tought, instead of getting their own revelation on the Bible and allowing the Holy spirit to reveal the truth to them.

All Christians can, and should be lead by the Holy Spirit of truth, But we need to have a teachable spirit, to allow Him to replace our wrong believing into the truth.

To many Christians are to stuborn, and wont let the Holy Spirit guide them.

What we have to do with Biblical doctines is, Read it again with an open mind, and ask the Holy Spirit of truth to reveal the truth to us.

The scripture's are in the Bible about the second comming of Jesus, All it needs is a closer studie guided by the Holy spirit.