• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  196
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/15/1935

Just caught up with you all. Need help here as to how to meet the needs of so many around us ???

From an

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.96
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Interesting point, alex.

While we are used to Dawkins - who have an obvious hatred for God - although they would call it more a hatred for the belief in God - I think you are correct about the average Joe.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,782
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  1

The most outstanding Christian apologist happens to be Dinesh D'Souza whom Hitchens called the best & the most difficult Christian debater he has ever faced. You can view their debates at dineshdsouza.com, I believe it is. Anyways just click in to Dinesh D'Souza on the WWW. I personally give D'Souza a 10. :wub: God 1; Hitchens 0. :thumbsup:

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  895
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  1

Just caught up with you all. Need help here as to how to meet the needs of so many around us ???

From an

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  196
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  12/15/1935

Have a look at one of their ideas==> :taped:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00rgg31

& try not to laugh :amen: ( You only have 7 days to view it.)

C.J.Mahaney says on one of his preaches

'' People ran as fast & as far as they can from God''.

They are fearful; perhaps from their history with ''the church'', of the impressions that ''Christians have given them of religion,of having to give up the personalityl.etc

We don't find Him He finds us.

mankind most often serve their ''Unknown god'' of one type or other.

To create is not just thinking things into life.

Man's environment is finly tuned to his survival, eg.change the H, the 2 or the O some degrees & we are kaput. We as humans usually have an innate sense of justice & what is right & what is wrong. eg. the understandable disgust, anger & embarassment we have with our government.

• 3 months later...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  122
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Thank you...

Not many people agree, but I have long said, "it takes as much faith to deny the existence of God, as it does to believe in Him."

Your faith is either in God, or in yourself, and in your ability to reason, sense, and perceive.

Since I cannot see God, he must not be there. Since I cannot hear God, he is not real. I cannot touch God, he is imaginary. And since you cannot prove God to me, he cannot be.

If we could see God (with our eyes), hear God (with our ears), or touch God (with our hands), There is the PROOF! But where is the faith?

My message and my preaching were not with wise and persuasive words, but with a demonstration of the Spirit's power, so that your faith might not rest on men's wisdom, but on God's power. We do, however, speak a message of wisdom among the mature, but not the wisdom of this age or of the rulers of this age, who are coming to nothing. 1 Corithians 2:4-6 NIV

• 2 weeks later...

The "Debate"

Man's Side

But he that sinneth against me wrongeth his own soul: all they that hate me love death. Proverbs 8:36

God's Side

Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool. Isaiah 1:18

>>>>>()<<<<<

.... They need someone to counter the atheist side of the debate....

Most Certainly Not

For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: Romans 1:20

Leaving The Atheist Without An Excuse

As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.

What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? God forbid.

For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.

So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.

Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will?

Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus? Romans 9:13-20

For The Utter Contempt They Are Compelled To Show

But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:

In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them. 2 Corinthians 4:3-4

To The Sinless One Who

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning. James 1:17

Loved Them

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

>>>>>()<<<<<

....I imagine there are growing numbers of children of atheists who have never had to struggle with the question of belief. For them religion, in many cases, may matter very little. That seems the case with my own children and my nieces. My youngest seems interested in the discussion to some extent. He expresses annoyance with Christian apologetics and moral values but seems little interested in actual debate....

So Sad

And he spake a parable unto them, Can the blind lead the blind? shall they not both fall into the ditch? Luke 6:39

To See Adults So Glad

Come, ye children, hearken unto me: I will teach you the fear of the LORD.

What man is he that desireth life, and loveth many days, that he may see good?

Keep thy tongue from evil, and thy lips from speaking guile.

Depart from evil, and do good; seek peace, and pursue it.

The eyes of the LORD are upon the righteous, and his ears are open unto their cry. Psalms 34:11-15

Their Little Ones Are Hopelessly Pleasing Dad

The face of the LORD is against them that do evil, to cut off the remembrance of them from the earth.

The righteous cry, and the LORD heareth, and delivereth them out of all their troubles.

The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.

Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the LORD delivereth him out of them all. Psalms 34:16-19

Yet God

And they were astonished out of measure, saying among themselves, Who then can be saved?

And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible. Mark 10:26-27

Praying!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,741
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  07/30/1959

Hi Alex,

I think this may be the first time I have chatted with you. Interesting post. I am one of those atheist/agnostics who very much enjoys the discussion.

The Internet Monk suggests that ambivalence about religion is more common today than outright disbelief, and that apologetics arguments fall flat because the typical atheist today just doesn

• 8 years later...

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.81

To the atheists can you prove their is no God? Can you explain gravity? Of what substance is it. Without it there would be no life and no universe yet you can't see it, feel it, and you don't know where it comes from. Explain that with out God 

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.81

To the atheists can you prove their is no God? Can you explain gravity? Of what substance is it. Without it there would be no life and no universe yet you can't see it, feel it, and you don't know where it comes from. Explain that with out God