IGNORED

Learning to pray for Obama

nebula

I think it's best explained here

http://lineoffireradio.askdrbrown.org/2009...05/july-5-2009/

God owes us nothing. He has already given us His best. Receive it or reject it.

We, christians, are often comforted by reading this portion of Romans 8

Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death. For what the law was powerless to do in that it was weakened by the sinful nature, God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful man to be a sin offering. And so he condemned sin in sinful man, in order that the righteous requirements of the law might be fully met in us, who do not live according to the sinful nature but according to the Spirit.

And yet we have misunderstood the context without examining this statement in light of Paul's next sentence where he adds;

Those who live according to the sinful nature have their minds set on what that nature desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires. The mind of sinful man is death, but the mind controlled by the Spirit is life and peace; the sinful mind is hostile to God. It does not submit to God's law (is that a dirty word here?), nor can it do so. Those controlled by the sinful nature cannot please God.

So it does appear that one can choose whether they want to please God and that is at least one determination of where they stand spiritually. Is there a time limit on how long one can mock God? No human has the righteousness within them to make the determination of when another person has irreversably crossed that line for the last time but I can't find a case in the scriptures where God ever forgave the arrogant or the mockers. We have to be quick to agree when the Holy Spirit convicts us of sin even if it's daily...heck, even momentarily!? Once our mind starts telling us that we will decide what is right from wrong, then we have left His protection.

To the extent one follows the ways of the world, they are still walking in darkness (a quote I borrow from Sam Nadler)

Just a little light would dispel that darkness and it be would be decreasing consistently for the rest of one's life. And even that would probably be with multiple lapses of faithfulness on our part as we discover the depths of His love in trials which He allows to make us stronger.

I don't think any of us would survive a "snapshot" look at our faithfulness on any given day and our works compared to the standard of Holyness of The God of Israel...well, I shudder.

Hallelujah! He has great mercy for ALL who call upon the Name of Yeshua! His love is everlasting and His Glory is greater than the heavens!

Once we taste and see that He is good, our life will confirm the awareness of reality and begin turning daily towards His Light.

Yay God of Israel! You RULE!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

No he claims to have had a born again experience and claims Christ.

So given that works do not save us and so if he was saved once, regardless we have to go by his words right?

I am being somewhat sarcastic here and I have to apologize a little. I don't know if he is a Christian or not, I do not make those sorts of judgments, I don't understand how any Christian could support abortion so this would be very questionable for me. But are we not being a little hypocritical here, we claim to hold to a once saved always saved idea, and also that we do not have to repent and worry about hell for individual sins, all future sins are forgiven, well if Obama has had the born again experience and trusts Jesus as his Lord, than his sin of supporting abortion would be forgiven, correct?

We? I certainly do not believe in OSAS, and not everyone here does either. I believe in repentance both before/at your initial salvation, and after, on a daily basis.

Which words would you mean? Because he changes them depending on who he's talking to, and where he is talking. A true follower of Christ will be totally consistant when asked about Jesus. A true follower of Christ would not say there are many paths to God and it is up to each individual to figure out their own right path. A true follower of Christ would not be embarrassed by Jesus. That is not even bringing in his position on abortion, gay rights, Islam, ad nauseum. I could go on and on. Could he be saved? Only God and him know, but the external evidence does not stack in his favor.

Yeah but I thought if you had a born again experience and claimed Christ as your savior which he has; you are saved?

So do political stances make us saved or not saved? That sounds like a works based theology? I mean he is married never been divorced; does not party or use drugs, leads a pretty clean life, claims Christ as His savior, what more do we want?

Is there a political litmus test for savlation? Are all Democrats going to hell because the Democratic Party supports abortion rights for example? Obama is simply a Democrat, what does he do that is out of line with mainstream democrates?

By the way Bush said the same thing about Islam.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Not again.

Can we keep this thread about how to pray for Obama - please?

(This is for us who have been struggling with the issue. We need this. Please don't put a stumbling block in our way - OK?)

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

Not again.

Can we keep this thread about how to pray for Obama - please?

(This is for us who have been struggling with the issue. We need this. Please don't put a stumbling block in our way - OK?)

And you really expected introducing a thread about praying for Obama would stay on track???? C'mon!!!! :unsure:

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

:unsure:

No wonder this country is doomed.

Christians can't even agree together in prayer, nor encourage each other to get on our knees.

• Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

I do pray for our President. He is our President and I pray for him even when I disagree with him on major issues that is part of this country we have Presidents we don't agree with but yet we support. The fact is I do agree with him on some issues.

But I was partially serious, it seems as if some are saying you cannot be a Democrat and be a Christian, is that true do people really believe that?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

:cool:

No wonder this country is doomed.

Christians can't even agree together in prayer, nor encourage each other to get on our knees.

I would add a big amen to that Neb..... and I have been praying for him also. While he might be in a much greater position of power, he is no worse than I was in my distant past, and maybe not even in the same league. Pray for us both if you have the will and the time.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  210
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  0

I wasn't sure where to post this . . . . I thought "Controversial," but I didn't want to restrict this from anyone.

But I wanted to share this.

~~~

First some background. While it seems we have some that seem to believe practically any conspiracy claim floating around, there are many who will automatically shun anything and everything that has a "conspiracy" hint to it.

Me? I believe most are ridiculous (i.e. the Moon hoax). However, the way things are going down, I am more convinced that there is something going on "behind the scenes" - whether it's Illuminati or something else (hey, the Illuminati could actually be a cover for all I know).

So what does this have to do with the OP title?

~~~

Well, I've felt convicted for a long time that I should be praying for Obama's salvation. But I haven't been able to get passed my anger and other negative attitudes towards him to truly pray for him as I should.

But I'm beginning to consider that Obama is not the problem, not the cause, but a mask, a front-man, a puppet if you will, taking "orders" from elsewhere to deliver agendas to the people (relying on his charisma and public speaking abilities . . . on top of the "messiah" hype lavished upon him during the campaign . . . who started that anyway?).

So taking this perspective is helping me to find the heart to pray for him with sincerity.

Just thought I'd share.

I'm glad you are praying for our president. He and all our nations leaders need our prayers on a regular basis. A man of God told me once that if we have a hard time liking someone or are angry with them, like you were Obama, the best way to get rid of those neg feelings is to pray for that person. I find doing what Jesus said helps me pray for them. He said pray for those who love us and those who are our enemies. So when I enter into prayer my heart is Christ centered.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,273
  • Content Per Day:  4.86
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

I do pray for our President. He is our President and I pray for him even when I disagree with him on major issues that is part of this country we have Presidents we don't agree with but yet we support. The fact is I do agree with him on some issues.

But I was partially serious, it seems as if some are saying you cannot be a Democrat and be a Christian, is that true do people really believe that?

I don't think that is a broadly held sentiment, but one must wonder if those who support abortion and the homosexual agenda are sincerely in a relationship with Christ.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest goodfreedom

Jesus was angry with what they did to the temple...the designated place to worship God...Jesus had no sin

When this country began...even before, the people searched for a place to freely worship God

The beginning was good. Pray for a strong man of God to rise up as Moses did. God sees the urgency of His people wanting good for their families. He shall supply all your need...Phil 4:19

Thank you and God bless you for sharing, it doesn't feel so lonely now :)