• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  0

'nebula' date='Feb 6 2010,

OC -

The Bible doesn't say who was resurrected by name. To say Moses was resurrected is speculation. So please do not state is as fact, all raight?

nebula, I never said, that Moses was named among those that were resurrected as a "fact." And I never claimed as a "fact" that the Bible mentioned any one by name who were resurrected. Even though there is scripture that tells us that those who had been resurrected saw those walking around by name as they had known them. But, I have said, all along that "in my thoughts" or in my way of thinking or in my opinion-IMO. But never did I state things as a "Fact" And then you go on to tell me that if I say, that Moses was resurrected then that is speculation on my part.

I'm then told, to stop stating that Moses could have been resurrected when Jesus arose from the dead because it's speculation and not a fact, then you say, alright stop talking about it.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.96
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

My apologies - it was my scientific brain reading such as, "Moses did" and "Moses was" that I was reacting to. Please forgive me.

I still have to ask though - if the people of Israel saw Moses, wouldn't that be the talk of the town?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  825
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

My train of thought is that when Jesus resurrected all those who were held captive by Satan came up with Jesus as he released all those captive. Many of those who were resurrected were seen and their were witness.

True, but the apperance of Moses and Elijah were before this time at which the OP had asked the question of. Would it have been possible for them to appear with their glorified bodies before Christ? I don't believe so.

Spirits can be seen if God sees fit which is shown in scripture when the chariots of fire was surrounding the prophets during their time of trouble. :31:

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  60
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

It is also my current understanding that Moses and Elijah returned to earth with resurrected bodies and their spirit. Kinda confusing to me because I thought that we got our resurrected bodies at the rapture / second coming. I don't know greek well enough to pull the transfiguration verses apart and demonstrate that they did return bodily, but most commentators seem to suggest that this is the case.

Gets even more interesting if you believe they are the two witnesses at the end :emot-hug: .

Moses and Elijah are throwing out my "timeline" of what happens to us after death, can I take this as a special exemption, or is there an error in my understanding?

Blessings

Andy

As far as time-line, it seems pretty clear. Jesus was the first to experience "The Resurrection" - as in the one-time resurrection of the dead where our weak, mortal, natural, perishable bodies are raised as strong, immortal, spiritual, imperishable ones. This is different than someone who was dead being returned to life (like Elisha raising the son of the Shunammite woman, or Jesus raising the daughter of Jarius).

Paul wrote to the Church at Corinth that in Adam, all men die, but in Christ, all men "will be made alive" (future tense). And this, in order. Christ, the first, and after Christ, those who are His, at His coming. So the two figures seen on the mountain with Jesus could not have been in their "resurrected bodies" becuase Jesus is the first to get one (and He hadn't yet), and the rest of us have to wait until the still-future resurrection of the Dead (or at least the "First Resurrection" - Rev 20:6).

:emot-hug:

OK, so was Moses risen from the dead? Or just an apparition?

Why do you limit the answer to only those two possibilities?

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.69

My train of thought is that when Jesus resurrected all those who were held captive by Satan came up with Jesus as he released all those captive. Many of those who were resurrected were seen and their were witness.

True, but the apperance of Moses and Elijah were before this time at which the OP had asked the question of. Would it have been possible for them to appear with their glorified bodies before Christ? I don't believe so.
:emot-hug:

I agree with you 100% because the word tell that Christ is the "firstfruits" and neither Moses or Elijah preceeded the resurrection of Christ and this how we know.

1 Corinthians 15:20-23--But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the "Firstfruits"of them that slept. For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead. For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. But every man in his own "order:" >>>>>>>> .1) Christ the "Firstfruits;">>>>>>> .2) afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

Again, according to this scripture it shows that neither Moses nor Elijah had a glorified body as nobody could have until Christ conquered death, hell and the grave.

Spirits can be seen if God sees fit which is shown in scripture when the chariots of fire was surrounding the prophets during their time of trouble. :emot-hug:

Again I agree, for God is God. Yes, both Elijah and Elisha seen the chariots and horses of fire Elijah got a much greater look as he was taken up by a whirlwind. Elisha got the mantel that belonged to Elijah and recieved a double portion of the Spirit. (you can read this in 2 Kings 2:1-14--emphasis vs.11-12--)

There is another passage that shows that Spirits can be seen if God see's fit. It is really a great story and I hope you will read it because you can see how God helped his children and I'll give you the scripture. I can only give you a part of the story that relates to the bodies of Moses and Elijah.

2 Kings 6:8-23

vs.16-17) And he answered, Fear not: for they that be with us are more than they that be with them.

vs.17) And Elisha prayed, and said, Lord, I pray thee, open his eyes, that he may see. And the Lord opened the eyes of the young man; and He Saw: and behold, the Mountain Was Full Of Horses And Chariots Of Fire Round About Elisha.

Prior to these verses ing of Syria had sent spies to find out were Elisha was at so the king could be able to get him and they had found out he was in Dothan. The king of Syria was highly upset because Elisha was telling the King of Israel every move he was making them in his bedchamber in private. So you can tell why the king of Syria wanted Elisha.

Now king of Syria sent a great host of his horses and chariots by night to Dothan and surrounded the entire city. When the servant of Elisha got up early in the morning and went about his day and he notices the city was totally surrounded both with horses and chariots. Seeing all the army having the blocked in caused Elisha servant to fear. His servant tells Elisha, Alas my master! how shall we do?

Well they had Elisha surrounded and no way was he going to get away or so they thought. Now we are up to vs.16-17) where we will see how God allowed to see in the Spirit within this story. The sevant wanted to know what they was going to do. Elisha told his servant not to fear "for they that be with us are a whole lot more than they got. These two up against a huge army that had them surrounded and Elisha says, they are more of us than them.

Elisha then prays that the Lord would open the eyes of his servant so that he can see. The Lord answered Elisha prayer and opened the eyes of the young man; and notice what the servant saw once the Lord opened his eyes. the Mountain was Full of Horses and Chariots of Fire round about Elisha

Elisha's servant eyes were opened and he got to see in the Spirit the army of the Lord surrounding Elisha as it was more than the Syrians had.

Whenever the Syrian army came down on Elisha he sent the Lord of host army with the chariots of fire forth to smite the Syrian army with blindness and Elisha and his servant walked right out among them all without any harm at all.

But the man was shown in the Spirit a mountain that was full of horses and chariots of fire. If the servant was enabled to see in the Spirit to see with the spiritual eyes what was in the Spirit but yet it was all hidden from him before. Then God is more than able to open others eyes to see that which is hidden from them and show unto them the things He chooses to show us in the Spirit.

It is very possible this is what happened at the transfiguration as they were disciples there who saw Moses and Elijah. Just whatever the Lord wants to open to others is his call because I know Jesus knew Moses and Elijah before the transfiguration happened. Just as Elisha knew of the great army of the Lord existed although it was not seen by the natural eye but God let him see the army of the Lord that is greater in number than the army of our enemies. Perhaps seeing Moses and Elijah was possible because their eyes were opened as the Lord wanted them to witness the transfiguration letting them see.

But all this I've said does show that Moses and Elijah could have appeared in Spirit at the transfiguration.

• 6 years later...

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.45
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

On 1/20/2010 at 4:40 AM, ~candice~ said:

Moses and Elijah are throwing out my "timeline" of what happens to us after death, can I take this as a special exemption, or is there an error in my understanding?

Dear sister Candice,

Grace and mercy and peace from our Lord Jesus Christ.

Many use this passage to say that Moses was resurrected and Elijah and Enoch went in the flesh to heaven. The question comes: is this true?

How could one with a sinful body like ours be in heaven?

·         “Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption." (1 Corinthians 15:50).

It’s not matter how much consecrated Elijah and Enoch were, they were still sinners.

The truth is that since man sinned, he was sentenced to death (without exception):

·         “In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return." (Genesis 3:19).

·         “Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:" (Romans 5:12).

·         “For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive." (1 Corinthians 15:22).

·         “And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:" (Hebrews 9:27).

Nobody was left out of this sentence. Not even Enoch and Elijah.

See what the Holy Scripture says about Enoch:

·         "By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God."(Hebrews 11:5).

·         "These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth."(Hebrews 11:13).

Enoch was translated to him not to see the death of millions of people by virtue of the violence that would follow. We cannot forget that in the time of Noah the earth was filled with violence (Genesis 6.5,11). After the translation of Enoch, the earth was filled with such wickedness that it would be impossible for a heart so filled with the love of the Eternal as for Enoch to endure such wickedness (see 2 Peter 2:7-9).

See below the timeline showing the relationship between Enoch's birth and the flood:

65           187        182      600

Enoch – Methuselah  -  Lamech  -  Noah  - Deluge

For a righteous soul, it is a torture to see someone so much suffering and apostasy.

This is why the Lord took Enoch for Himself:

·         “And Enoch walked with God after he begat Methuselah three hundred years, and begat sons and daughters: and all the days of Enoch were three hundred sixty and five years: and Enoch walked with God: and he was not; for God took him." (Genesis 5.22-24).

This expression implies death, since to die, for who belongs to Jesus means to be recovered by the Eternal.

See how Job treats the tragic death of his children:

·         "While he was yet speaking, there came also another, and said, Thy sons and thy daughters were eating and drinking wine in their eldest brother's house:  and, behold, there came a great wind from the wilderness, and smote the four corners of the house, and it fell upon the young men, and they are dead; and I only am escaped alone to tell thee. Then Job arose, and rent his mantle, and shaved his head, and fell down upon the ground, and worshipped, and said, Naked came I out of my mother's womb, and naked shall I return thither: the LORD gave, and the LORD hath taken away; blessed be the name of the LORD."(Job 1:18-21).

The truth is that all the prophets died, including Enoch (who is also a prophet).

·         “Then said the Jews unto him, Now we know that thou hast a devil. Abraham is dead, and the prophets; and thou sayest, If a man keep my saying, he shall never taste of death.  Art thou greater than our father Abraham, which is dead? and the prophets are dead: whom makest thou thyself?"(John 8:52,53)

·         "And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,  to execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him." (Jude 14, 15).

And with Elijah it was no different:

·         "And it came to pass, as they still went on, and talked, that, behold, there appeared a chariot of fire, and horses of fire, and parted them both asunder; and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven.  And Elisha saw it, and he cried, My father, my father, the chariot of Israel, and the horsemen thereof. And he saw him no more: and he took hold of his own clothes, and rent them in two pieces." (2 Kings 2:11,12).

After the translation, Elijah was never seen again.

Furthermore, according to Paul, the rapture to heaven would not take place before the resurrection:

·         “Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.” (1Corinthians 15.51-53).

As for Moses, he did not rise again:

·         “So Moses the servant of the LORD died there in the land of Moab, according to the word of the LORD. And he buried him in a valley in the land of Moab, over against Bethpeor: but no man knoweth of his sepulchre unto this day. And Moses was an hundred and twenty years old when he died: his eye was not dim, nor his natural force abated." (Deuteronomy 34: 5-7).

As you can see, the Holy Scripture is clear: the only thing the Lord has done is to bury his dead body. If the Eternal wanted to resurrect Moses, he would not have to bury his body.

Moreover, if Moses had been resurrected, Jesus would not have been the first to rise:

·         “That Christ should suffer, and that he should be the first that should rise from the dead, and should shew light unto the people, and to the Gentiles." (Acts 26:23).

·         “But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming." (1 Corinthians 15:23).

You may question: but others have risen before Jesus (examples: 1 Kings 17:22-24, 2 Kings 4:34,35; 2 Kings 13:20; Matthew 9:25, Luke 7:12-15, John 11:43,44). However, only Jesus was resurrected to eternal life in a glorified body.

This is why Jesus is the firstborn or the firstfruits of those who sleep:

·         “But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept." (1 Corinthians 15:20).

·         “And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence." (Colossians 1:18).

Furthermore, notice what the writer of Hebrews says:

·         “And these all, having obtained a good report through faith, received not the promise: God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect." (Hebrews 11:39-40).

Note that all the heroes of faith quoted in Hebrews 11 (including Enoch, Moses) did not attain the promise (reward) of receiving the glorified body and going to dwell in heaven:

·         “And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth." (Revelation 11.18).

·         “And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be." (Revelation 22:12).

·         “And thou shalt be blessed; for they cannot recompense thee: for thou shalt be recompensed at the resurrection of the just." (Luke 14:14).

·         “For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works." (Matthew 16:27).

Rapture and resurrection will only happen when Jesus comes.

If this is not enough, see what Jesus said:

·         “And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven." (John 3:13).

So what really happened on the mount of transfiguration?

To understand this passage we need to remember that the Holy Scripture, when it was written, had no chapter, no verse. We should start reading a little earlier and a little later.

·         “And as they came down from the mountain, Jesus charged them, saying, Tell the vision to no man, until the Son of man be risen again from the dead." (Matthew 17:9).

Notice that what Peter, James, and John contemplated was a "vision." That was not happening at the time. It would only happen in the future, just as when John saw the New Jerusalem coming down (something that will only happen after the millennium):

·         “And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.” (Revelation 21.2).

But after all, what did the three apostles see?

·         “For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works. Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom" (Matthew 16.27,28).

They saw Jesus coming to take the Church away. You may ask: But then, what does Moses and Elijah have to do with it?

·         “Six days later he took Peter, James, and John his brother with them, and led them privately to a high mountain, and was transfigured before them. And his face shone as the sun, and his garments became as white as the light. And behold, there appeared unto them Moses and Elias talking with him. "(Matthew 17:1-3).

To understand this, let's take a little later:

·         • "And his disciples questioned him, saying, Why then say the scribes that Elijah must come first? And Jesus answering said unto them, Verily Elijah shall come first, and restore all things; But I tell you that Elijah has already come, and they did not know him, but they did everything they wanted. So shall they also suffer the Son of man. Then the disciples understood that he had spoken to them of John the Baptist. "(Matthew 17: 10-13)

Notice that Jesus was talking to the three disciples about what the scribes preached about the coming of Elijah, namely:

·         “Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD:  and he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse." (Malachi 4:6).

In other words, what Jesus does is interpret this passage. And when He does so, notice that He shows this prophecy being fulfilled in the past and in the future:

·        In the past: through John the Baptist, who came in the spirit and power of Elijah to precede the first coming of Christ (Luke 1:17);

·        In the future: through one of the witnesses to Revelation 11:3 that will pave the way for the second coming of Christ.

Just as John the Baptist was not Elijah (John 1:21,25), but someone who would be used by the Eternal in the same way that Elijah was, the two witnesses will not be Moses and Elijah, but someone who will be used by the Eternal as they were.

Let us then understand the vision. After the two witnesses complete their ministry, they will be killed in the middle of the seventieth week (Revelation 11:7). After three and a half days, the Spirit of the Eternal will resurrect them and then snatch them (this at the end of the sixth trumpet). As soon as the sixth trumpet ends, the seventh plays. At this hour, all the dead in Christ are raised and all who are alive in Christ are caught up to meet Jesus in the clouds.

While all the followers of Jesus are being raptured, the two witnesses are talking to Christ. Probably question the same as us: but if I am a faithful servant, why did the Lord allow them to do all this with me? It is then that Jesus speaks of everything that happened to him in Jerusalem at His crucifixion, showing that no one was so wronged, humiliated, mistreated, scorned and despised as He (in order to comfort them).

You may ask: "But the rapture shall be in the twinkling of an eye" (1 Corinthians 15:52). Even if it takes one second, remember that Jesus can minister in a second what we would spend about 4.16 days to minister to someone (2 Peter 3.8). In this case the three apostles would see everything in slow motion.

However, this expression "to open and close of eyes" may imply up to twelve hours, namely, the short time in which the people who survived the earthquake stopped to give glory to the Eternal (Revelation 11.13).

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  6,570
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

Shalom, folks.

First, one should understand that the transfiguration was a VISION, and was only the FORESEEING of the Kingdom to come:

Matthew 16:27-17:9
27 For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.
28 Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.

17:1 And after six days Jesus taketh Peter, James, and John his brother, and bringeth them up into an high mountain apart,
2 And was transfigured before them: and his face did shine as the sun, and his raiment was white as the light.
3 And, behold, there appeared unto them Moses and Elias talking with him.
4 Then answered Peter, and said unto Jesus, Lord, it is good for us to be here: if thou wilt, let us make here three tabernacles; one for thee, and one for Moses, and one for Elias.
5 While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him.
6 And when the disciples heard it, they fell on their face, and were sore afraid.
7 And Jesus came and touched them, and said,
Arise, and be not afraid.
8 And when they had lifted up their eyes, they saw no man, save Jesus only.
9 And as they came down from the mountain, Jesus charged them, saying
, Tell the vision to no man, until the Son of man be risen again from the dead.
KJV

Therefore, these need not be resurrections at this point in time.

Second, one must understand that there are TWO DIFFERENT KINDS of resurrection in the Bible:

The first kind is a TEMPORARY resurrection. As with most healings, they are temporary and death and decay still come at a later point in one's lifetime. One such resurrection was that of Elezar ("Lazarus"). We learn from the cohaniym gadowliym (chief priests) that he could die again, and they were so plotting against him:

John 12:9-11
9 Much people of the Jews therefore knew that he was there: and they came not for Jesus' sake only, but that they might see Lazarus also, whom he had raised from the dead.
10 But the chief priests consulted that they might put Lazarus also to death;
11 Because that by reason of him many of the Jews went away, and believed on Jesus.
KJV

The second kind is the PERMANENT kind of resurrection. Yeshua` was the FIRSTFRUITS of this kind of resurrection, and it is THIS resurrection that is incorruptible, immortal, and eternal that is discussed in 1 Corinthians 15, the Resurrection chapter:

1 Corinthians 15:42-54
42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:
43 It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power:
44 It is sown a natural (air-breathing) body; it is raised a spiritual (air-blasting) body. There is a natural (air-breathing) body, and there is a spiritual (air-blasting) body.
45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening (life-giving) spirit (blast of air).
46 Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual (air-blasting), but that which is natural (air-breathing); and afterward that which is spiritual (air-blasting).
47 The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven (the Master from the sky).
48 As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly.
49 And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.
50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.
51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.
KJV

What some don't understand is that the children of Israel shall be resurrected with the FIRST kind of Resurrection which will give them time to make the choice to accept their Messiah AFTER they have died and the Messiah returns:

Zechariah 12:7-13:2
7 The LORD also shall save the tents of Judah first, that the glory of the house of David and the glory of the inhabitants of Jerusalem do not magnify themselves against Judah.
8 In that day shall the LORD defend the inhabitants of Jerusalem; and he that is feeble among them at that day shall be as David; and the house of David shall be as God, as the angel of the LORD before them.
9 And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem.
10 And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.
11 In that day shall there be a great mourning in Jerusalem, as the mourning of Hadadrimmon in the valley of Megiddon.
12 And the land shall mourn, every family apart; the family of the house of David apart, and their wives apart; the family of the house of Nathan apart, and their wives apart;
13 The family of the house of Levi apart, and their wives apart; the family of Shimei apart, and their wives apart;
14 All the families that remain, every family apart, and their wives apart.
13:1 In that day there shall be a fountain opened to the house of David and to the inhabitants of Jerusalem for sin and for uncleanness.
2 And it shall come to pass in that day, saith the LORD of hosts, that I will cut off the names of the idols out of the land, and they shall no more be remembered: and also I will cause the prophets and the unclean spirit to pass out of the land.
KJV

As I've said before, these names highlighted above are also found in Luke 3 as part of Yeshua`s lineage:

Luke 3:23-38
23 And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli,
24 Which was the son of Matthat, which was the son of Levi, which was the son of Melchi, which was the son of Janna, which was the son of Joseph,
25 Which was the son of Mattathias, which was the son of Amos, which was the son of Naum, which was the son of Esli, which was the son of Nagge,
26 Which was the son of Maath, which was the son of Mattathias, which was the son of Semei, which was the son of Joseph, which was the son of Juda,
27 Which was the son of Joanna, which was the son of Rhesa, which was the son of Zorobabel, which was the son of Salathiel, which was the son of Neri,
28 Which was the son of Melchi, which was the son of Addi, which was the son of Cosam, which was the son of Elmodam, which was the son of Er,
29 Which was the son of Jose, which was the son of Eliezer, which was the son of Jorim, which was the son of Matthat, which was the son of Levi,
30 Which was the son of Simeon, which was the son of Juda, which was the son of Joseph, which was the son of Jonan, which was the son of Eliakim,
31 Which was the son of Melea, which was the son of Menan, which was the son of Mattatha, which was the son of Nathan, which was the son of David,
32 Which was the son of Jesse, which was the son of Obed, which was the son of Booz, which was the son of Salmon, which was the son of Naasson,
33 Which was the son of Aminadab, which was the son of Aram, which was the son of Esrom, which was the son of Phares, which was the son of Juda,
34 Which was the son of Jacob, which was the son of Isaac, which was the son of Abraham, which was the son of Thara, which was the son of Nachor,
35 Which was the son of Saruch, which was the son of Ragau, which was the son of Phalec, which was the son of Heber, which was the son of Sala,
36 Which was the son of Cainan, which was the son of Arphaxad, which was the son of Sem, which was the son of Noe, which was the son of Lamech,
37 Which was the son of Mathusala, which was the son of Enoch, which was the son of Jared, which was the son of Maleleel, which was the son of Cainan,
38 Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God.
KJV

Therefore, Zechariah 12:10-14 occur AFTER their resurrection!

Once one understands these things about resurrection, THEN one is equipped to consider the resurrection of such things as that of the two witnesses.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  608
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

- Sorry if I missed it,

but where does the word Transfiguration come from?

Thanks.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  6,570
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

On 1/13/2017 at 11:28 AM, RevelationWriter said:

- Sorry if I missed it,

but where does the word Transfiguration come from?

Thanks.

Shalom, RevelationWriter.

It's the technical, theological term for "a change in appearance," and it refers to Yeshua`s (Jesus') altered appearance when He and His three main disciples, Shim`own Kefa (Simon Peter), Ya`aqov (James), and Yochanan (John) went up the mountain to show them the vision, recorded in Matthew 17, Mark 9, and Luke 9.

The mountain itself upon which this occurred is called the "Mount of Transfiguration."