nebula

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

I thought animals of two different species couldn't interbreed?

Hybrids can occur when animals of the same high-level species interbreed. Notice you don'e see a half cow / half whale.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  10

None of these animals interbred with each other.

The "beefalo" are fertile. That's the only one they mentioned as being such.

Beefalo are the fertile offspring of domestic cattle and American bison. Crosses also exist between domestic cattle and European bison (zubrons) and yaks (yakows). The name given to beefalo might be the most suggestive, since the breed was purposely created to combine the best characteristics of both animals with an eye towards beef production.

They may be fertile but they do not procreate together on their own, man does this for their own benefit. I understand they may be in some ways after their own kind but in all my years running around the southwest I have never once seen a buffalo and a cow mating, doesn't mean it hasn't happened though. I don't have a problem when cows are cross bred, given they are from their own kind and the only reason they can breed different cats together is because they are like kinds its just that there are many out there doing things that they shouldn't be doing.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

Six amazing hybrid animals

You have to see them!

Does the Bible allow this?

Can you show me where?

The Bible say's that God created the animals for who they are and I never read God would allow crossbreeding them?

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Beefalo are the fertile offspring of domestic cattle and American bison. Crosses also exist between domestic cattle and European bison (zubrons) and yaks (yakows). The name given to beefalo might be the most suggestive, since the breed was purposely created to combine the best characteristics of both animals with an eye towards beef production.

They may be fertile but they do not procreate together on their own, man does this for their own benefit. I understand they may be in some ways after their own kind but in all my years running around the southwest I have never once seen a buffalo and a cow mating, doesn't mean it hasn't happened though. I don't have a problem when cows are cross bred, given they are from their own kind and the only reason they can breed different cats together is because they are like kinds its just that there are many out there doing things that they shouldn't be doing.

Well, considering that the only way cows and Bison can mate is if they are put in pastures together, since neither live in the wild . . . .?

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  426
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,633
  • Content Per Day:  0.58
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  08/26/1978

The "beefalo" are fertile.

Oh my goodness, can you imagine how delicious that would be?

I've had beef. LOVE IT! I've had buffalo. same result. Now imagine combining the two, and possibly adding some bacon to it.

Did someone say beefalo steak?

:laugh:

I like the way you two think!

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  10

Well, considering that the only way cows and Bison can mate is if they are put in pastures together, since neither live in the wild . . . .?

The bison did live in the wild here can't say so much for cattle but at one point somewhere they roamed free, man would have been the one to corral them and domestic them. It certainly would be an interesting experiment wouldn't it?

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

I've seen the Zebroid before, many times and the Ligers are pretty well known. I don't see any interbreeding of species here though. The serval cat is really cute. I wonder if they're mean?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,311
  • Content Per Day:  7.99
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

I've seen the Zebroid before, many times and the Ligers are pretty well known. I don't see any interbreeding of species here though. The serval cat is really cute. I wonder if they're mean?

Domesticated no, wild can be defensive but not mean!

I handled exotics a couple of years! It was a real experience, to play with an animal that could eat you is very humbling. I dropped off and collected animals from Southern Calif. all along the west coast took Hwy 1 when permitted to British Columbia Vancouver, Walt Disney had a wild animal park there.

In Coos bay Oregon I had a Serval freeze to death it was sad and unexpected. I believe that is the prettiest country in the United States all along that coast is breath taking.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

Domesticated no, wild can be defensive but not mean!

I handled exotics a couple of years! It was a real experience, to play with an animal that could eat you is very humbling. I dropped off and collected animals from Southern Calif. all along the west coast took Hwy 1 when permitted to British Columbia Vancouver, Walt Disney had a wild animal park there.

In Coos bay Oregon I had a Serval freeze to death it was sad and unexpected. I believe that is the prettiest country in the United States all along that coast is breath taking.

Breath taking it is indeed. I vacationed along that coast when I was twelve; from Washington state down to San Francisco. It's gorgeous and the coasts are unbelievable. Even now, over thirty years later, I can see the whales, the theme parks, the coastal caves and everything else just like it was yesterday. Thinking about it makes me want to go back and do it again. :rolleyes: