IGNORED

Do you ever get a feeling you were born at the wrong time?

RGR

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  542
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  33,008
  • Content Per Day:  5.05
  • Days Won:  236
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

Hmmmm now I WAS born in the 50's and lived through the 60's and I have wonderful memories of my childhood BUT I also listen to my mother who also has memories of the time through the eyes of an adult / parent and she tells a far different story ...yes we were able to go and play in the street and I am sure summer was longer and hotter then but she remembers it as a time when rationing had not long finished and items that we take for granted were still very scarce and expensive. There was a LOT of " make do and mend " or even plain old going without .... she also remembers living through the war years and the bombing, running home from school as the air raid sirens wailed and praying that they would get home before the bombs dropped and even that there would be a home to get back to

I was married and had children before I was 20 and I remember a wonderful time with them but also wahing clothes by hand in often cold water, trying to carry the groceries home for miles whilst holding onto a toddler and pushing a pram, no central heating, lots of homes that still had outside toilets ( NOT fun in the winter ) No tumble driers, no disposable nappies, saving to buy my step son a pair of good strong school shoes and watching him kick holes in them within a week as I cried because it would take me another 6 weeks to pay for another pair ( nowadays we live in a society where things like clothes and shoes cost less than 1/8th of what it cost when my children were young )

We now have microwaves , tv, video for watching programmes/ films we would like to watch again or have missed the first time around, Excellent medical treatment to cure illnesses that not so long ago caused death or deformity or long term suffering, so few women die in childbirth now that it is front page news when it happens ... then it was far from unusual ( and from my mothers view it was quite normal ) ..Even computers to talk to you lot ;)

yea I know which time I like being in :thumbsup:

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

Hmmmm now I WAS born in the 50's and lived through the 60's and I have wonderful memories of my childhood BUT I also listen to my mother who also has memories of the time through the eyes of an adult / parent and she tells a far different story ...yes we were able to go and play in the street and I am sure summer was longer and hotter then but she remembers it as a time when rationing had not long finished and items that we take for granted were still very scarce and expensive. There was a LOT of " make do and mend " or even plain old going without .... she also remembers living through the war years and the bombing, running home from school as the air raid sirens wailed and praying that they would get home before the bombs dropped and even that there would be a home to get back to

I was married and had children before I was 20 and I remember a wonderful time with them but also wahing clothes by hand in often cold water, trying to carry the groceries home for miles whilst holding onto a toddler and pushing a pram, no central heating, lots of homes that still had outside toilets ( NOT fun in the winter ) No tumble driers, no disposable nappies, saving to buy my step son a pair of good strong school shoes and watching him kick holes in them within a week as I cried because it would take me another 6 weeks to pay for another pair ( nowadays we live in a society where things like clothes and shoes cost less than 1/8th of what it cost when my children were young )

We now have microwaves , tv, video for watching programmes/ films we would like to watch again or have missed the first time around, Excellent medical treatment to cure illnesses that not so long ago caused death or deformity or long term suffering, so few women die in childbirth now that it is front page news when it happens ... then it was far from unusual ( and from my mothers view it was quite normal ) ..Even computers to talk to you lot ;)

I'm right there with you, LPT; I enjoy living in this technological age (although I deplore the immorality of society and then I think "was it really all that moral way back 'when'?) and wouldn't want to live in any other. I think God puts us on earth at the perfect time for us to be here. :)

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Wanna ride horses with me, Neb, and wear cowboy boots and Stetsons? laugh.gif

Would love to!

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

I get where you are coming from, I really do. But I was young, my hormones were on a route march, every sunrise brought new opportunities, my music upset my parents (means it must have been good stuff no? :laugh: ).

I was young.

And I was never going to die.......

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  334
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  4

I love the music of the 30s, 40s and 50s. :)

• Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  542
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  33,008
  • Content Per Day:  5.05
  • Days Won:  236
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

I get where you are coming from, I really do. But I was young, my hormones were on a route march, every sunrise brought new opportunities, my music upset my parents (means it must have been good stuff no? :laugh: ).

I was young.

And I was never going to die.......

Thank goodness hormons are another thing that gets better as we get older ... every sunruse STILL brings new opportunities ( although I am a LOT slower to chase them :rolleyes: ) and my music STILL upset my parent ..it is NOT the age it is the mind set :24::24::24:

Oh and I am never going to die ... I will just be reborn into eternity

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,377
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

I love the music of the 30s, 40s and 50s. :)

:thumbsup:

And Throw In A Little Willie Bobo To Spice Up The Licks!

:emot-questioned::blink::emot-questioned::noidea: who dat?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  493
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  1

I love the the mic of that era. That is what you call music. My favorites just to name a few is, The Temptations, Gladys Knight & the pips, Marvin Gaye, Cliff Richard, Commodores, Dolly Parton, Jim Reeves, Whitney Houston, Anita Baker, Patti LeBelle, Aretha Franklin, ect.....

Today's music is not worth listening to.

I would love to visit that era, But not live in that era.

Where have all the great artists gone?

Long time passing.

Where have all the great composers gone?

Long time ago.

Where have all the great singers gone?

Gone to graveyards everyone.

Oh when will I hear them again... poor me born too late in this century. :laugh:

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,273
  • Content Per Day:  4.87
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

Like some others, I was born in the 50's. The 60's and the 70's had the best music, but was the time that Satan began to hold sway in the USA through free sex and good(?) drugs. It was still OK to beat your kids, but they also respected their elders. I think that if I had not been born at my time, that I wouldn't have met my mate who, after the Lord, is the reason that I am alive today.