• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  533
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  32,393
  • Content Per Day:  4.99
  • Days Won:  206
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

Here's what I don't understand. If the purpose of the dress code, as stated, is to make the employees look professional and competent, then why on earth would the specified color of underwear be skin-toned? It would seem to me that that would be the one color that would be forbidden. After all, in the unlikely case of a customer catching a glimpse of an employee's underthings, the skin-tone would give the impression the employee was 'going commando' - and that (to me at least) would mark the employee as being unprofessional in the extreme.

Or am I weird? or overthinking this?

Now now .... that was the first thing I thought of but got " bogged down " with the cunundrum....

since black underwear is not allowed how can they tell them to wear flesh coloured without being sued for racism ????? :whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling:

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Content Count:  55,868
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

:huh: In offices?

they were home offices...... but yeah, it was where they did business...... weird as can be..

Here's what I don't understand. If the purpose of the dress code, as stated, is to make the employees look professional and competent, then why on earth would the specified color of underwear be skin-toned? It would seem to me that that would be the one color that would be forbidden. After all, in the unlikely case of a customer catching a glimpse of an employee's underthings, the skin-tone would give the impression the employee was 'going commando' - and that (to me at least) would mark the employee as being unprofessional in the extreme.

Or am I weird? or overthinking this?

Well, I think that the different colors would create a large difference in contrast during one of those hopefully little glimpses that do occasionally happen, and not having the high contrasts would not catch the eye as much as maybe red, white or bright flowered yellow and orange.

Perverts that are going around looking for upskirt moments are just going to be perverts no matter what. So not being flashy with the different colors are just to not draw extra attention to something concerning normal professional people. It's considered conservitive dress.

Oh, and btw, for many years where I worked we used self managinge workgroups where everyone was certified in the Deming Quality Management System and we have actually had workgroup sessons that dealt with this very subject.......

Guys were frowned upon for wearing white undies also.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.90
  • Days Won:  33

Well, I think this has been misunderstood. We are of the mindset that our undies are our business and no one else's, but some others out there are not, and they flaunt their undies... leaving them hanging out, having the colour come through the clothes they are wearing, etc etc.

I take this not as a way of interfering in our own private affairs, but subtly reminding those other kind of people that the workplace is not a place to flaunt your underthings.

If they can't see it, they can't object to it.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.14
  • Days Won:  78

Oh, and btw, for many years where I worked we used self managinge workgroups where everyone was certified in the Deming Quality Management System and we have actually had workgroup sessons that dealt with this very subject.......

Interesting. I studied Deming also; it was part of an intense series of seminars I attended a few years ago. We never touched on that subject though.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.14
  • Days Won:  78

"What color is your underware?" I'll bet you the first thought through Wyguys mind will be...... "What underware???" LoL

Hey, if I didn't wear underwear, I'd look might silly on a Saturday morning answering the door...

I wasn't going to mention it but I just can't help it...... during my 38 years of being a Xerox customer Service Engineer going into all kinds of offices and places where we leased or serviced equipment, there have been more than one account where the folks who let us in the door were always in the buff..... It's really distracting....

:o What on earth did you do?

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.14
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

And to top it off, I bet they wouldn't be letting Wyguy wear his Scooby Doo under-roos!!!! :taped::whistling:

"What color is your underware?" I'll bet you the first thought through Wyguys mind will be...... "What underware???" LoL

Hey, if I didn't wear underwear, I'd look might silly on a Saturday morning answering the door...

I wasn't going to mention it but I just can't help it...... during my 38 years of being a Xerox customer Service Engineer going into all kinds of offices and places where we leased or serviced equipment, there have been more than one account where the folks who let us in the door were always in the buff..... It's really distracting....

:o What on earth did you do?

you just carry on like there's nothing in the world wrong. Same with the nudist colonies. Just do your work and leave.

Interesting. I studied Deming also; it was part of an intense series of seminars I attended a few years ago. We never touched on that subject though.

The subject came up in a team meeting because a person had worn some pants with some kind of acrylic thread in them, and one of our rubber roll cleaners would disolve the thread. One's pants would simply start falling apart unless great care was taken when using the stuff. Was just part of the brainstorming session. We actually stopped using the product in our group for fear of doing that to some unsuspecting customer somewhere.

We certified every single employee in our company. The span of control of our first line managers went from seven to a bit over 30 over a 5 year period of time. It lowered the number of middle management drastically and kept us from going backrupt.

I also have a brown an yellow belt "Lean Six Sigma" certifications and was about a month away from a green belt when I retired.

Edited by other one