• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  116
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  342
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  01/25/1945

Phil. 4:19 And my God shall supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus. (ASV)

When I became a Christian in 1990, I was riding a bicycle with slick tires ten miles to and from work in the rainy winter of that year, I had not a dime to tithe. But I did, not understanding the tithe I took ten per cent of what was in my pockets and I gave it. I came to understand the tithe better as I studied and today I do not even keep track of all I give and much is given anomalously so that there is no record.

Before that first month was over I was driving myself to and from work and all my bills were being paid in spite of my tithing what I did not have the ability to tithe. Can you out give God? Absolutely not!

According to the News, I am about to be devastated by the possible collapse of my countries government and yet, I cannot find it in myself to be concerned. I am 100% disabled and my wife was forced into retirement so that every dime we have to live on comes from the government... but I know better than that! Everything, not just my money, comes form my God! My God is the one that created everything we see and feel by speaking it into existence, there is no-one as rich as He is and without Him I have nothing but with Him I can stand firmly on my life verse, Psa. 23:1 The LORD is my Shepard and ¨I shall not want.¨

Christianity is a very proactive faith and without that faith, you are lost!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,683
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/14/1962

amen the1. I try to understand tithing, and I still haven't started. Maybe thats why I'm still struggling, and still riding a bicycle, but I only make minimum wage. Where are the verses for tithing to read?

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

Phil. 4:19 And my God shall supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus. (ASV)

When I became a Christian in 1990, I was riding a bicycle with slick tires ten miles to and from work in the rainy winter of that year, I had not a dime to tithe. But I did, not understanding the tithe I took ten per cent of what was in my pockets and I gave it. I came to understand the tithe better as I studied and today I do not even keep track of all I give and much is given anomalously so that there is no record.

Before that first month was over I was driving myself to and from work and all my bills were being paid in spite of my tithing what I did not have the ability to tithe. Can you out give God? Absolutely not!

According to the News, I am about to be devastated by the possible collapse of my countries government and yet, I cannot find it in myself to be concerned. I am 100% disabled and my wife was forced into retirement so that every dime we have to live on comes from the government... but I know better than that! Everything, not just my money, comes form my God! My God is the one that created everything we see and feel by speaking it into existence, there is no-one as rich as He is and without Him I have nothing but with Him I can stand firmly on my life verse, Psa. 23:1 The LORD is my Shepard and ¨I shall not want.¨

:amen:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,262
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Jeepers, I'm not really sure how to respond to your post th1. It sounds so good and is so uplifting. However, from my perspective those touting our demise are really just trying to convince us to go some place politically that we would not normally go. While there it danger that things can fall apart, it's not likely to come to pieces totally...... and in the end times of Biblical history I'm not sure we really want to be #1. #1's don't seem to make out too well in prophecy.

We're on a fixed income too, and I understand how it is to rely on the Lord for sanity in this time and place...

As far as the question goes in the title of the thread......... I think you're standing in a pretty good place and I really hope you don't mind if I join you.......

amen the1. I try to understand tithing, and I still haven't started. Maybe thats why I'm still struggling, and still riding a bicycle, but I only make minimum wage. Where are the verses for tithing to read?

This study is compliments of the Nave´s Topical

TITHES

-Paid by Abraham to Melchizedek

Ge 14:20; Heb 7:2-6

-Jacob vows a tenth of all his property to God

Ge 28:22

-Mosaic laws instituting

Le 27:30-33; Nu 18:21-24; De 12:6,7,17-19; 14:22-29;

26:12-15

-Customs relating to

Ne 10:37,38; Am 4:4; Heb 7:5-9

-A tithe of tithes for the priests

Nu 18:26; Ne 10:38

-Stored in the temple

Ne 10:38,39; 12:44; 13:5,12; 2Ch 31:11,12; Mal 3:10

-Payment of, resumed in Hezekiah's reign

2Ch 31:5-10

-Under Nehemiah

Ne 13:12

-Withheld

Ne 13:10; Mal 3:8

-Customary in later times

Mt 23:23; Lu 11:42; 18:12

-Observed by idolaters

Am 4:4,5

-See TAX

Jeepers, I'm not really sure how to respond to your post th1. It sounds so good and is so uplifting. However, from my perspective those touting our demise are really just trying to convince us to go some place politically that we would not normally go. While there it danger that things can fall apart, it's not likely to come to pieces totally...... and in the end times of Biblical history I'm not sure we really want to be #1. #1's don't seem to make out too well in prophecy.

We're on a fixed income too, and I understand how it is to rely on the Lord for sanity in this time and place...

As far as the question goes in the title of the thread......... I think you're standing in a pretty good place and I really hope you don't mind if I join you.......

I just opened my eyes and peeped, thereś plenty of room... come on!

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

I do not believe in tithing, although I believe in giving to support the church one attends or other causes as the Holy Spirit directs. Tithing was done away with the Old Covenant. There is no support for it in the NC.

Though many tithe I too feel as you. We are to give as we are blessed and not to give grudgingly. I believe if we are able we are to give MORE than just a tithe so that we cover those who are not able to give we should do so. I do not believe in the tightness of hand for the Lord will bless according to your giving. If you can give 20 % give that if 30 then give that just to stick with 10% is to me as you said the Old Covenant. The widow gave all that she had - she did not give a tithe.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

I tithe because I want to, feel the need to, not because I am told to. And like you, the Lord has blessed me greatly. Now I am not saying it is solely because I tithe, but tithing is part of our spiritual maturity in Christ.

What is it actually? It is giving back part of what is His in the first place. Everything you have is His. So it is sort of a faith thing...

Nice post :thumbsup:

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  18
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I tithe a different way...I happen to attend a church that is not struggling in any way financially. So I support a child in Rwanda, I pay for him each month to be able to go to a Christian school where he is fed and given water and learns about God and His love.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  41,420
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Our Lord in the beginning of His ministry taught us the most important of all lessons "Man does not live by bread alone" and the fire of God will

test this heart and belief! To lay down in The Lord all that is of you is the freedom of "The Lord shall supply all your need"... When one sees His

provision as one that fulfills His Word-> then your receiving in thanksgiving for Who and What of The Word Kept is the true life that extends into

the eternities... Exiting into that which is not known other than The Word formed in us prepares us toward His Presence in Spirit the true bread of

Life... For all that is here is destined for burning and grace that we should take that set aside for fire and use it in obediences to Him is formed in

that which is not known and kept and full satisfaction comes in enlarged faith that counts on that reality more than on the one now present ... hence

we are aliens of that which we have began (corporeal speaking) and await the end to be our beginning for it is the closure of the word "end" for it

only exists in the lie formed and has correctly deceived all that is not of God for the swallowing up without diminishing the eternities unbounded in Him...

1 John 3:2-3

2 Beloved, now we are children of God; and it has not yet been revealed what we shall be, but we know that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him,

for we shall see Him as He is. 3 And everyone who has this hope in Him purifies himself, just as He is pure.

NKJV

The desire to be pure to that which grows from within us does not consider elevation toward progress a thing to be grasped but in the moment by moment

worship of Him who has given such a gift in that we should have the heart that He has and is the witness of the Spirit of God ->He is within us 'the children'<-...

Love Steven