Pahu

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  93
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  1

If Martin Luther King, Jr. thought this the way you present it, he would not have changed the nation. Yes, he was non-violent, but neither did he do nothing to confront evil.

Not certain what Martin Luther King has to do with God's commandments.  Jesus Christ commands us to follow the Laws of Almighty God, not humans.

Here's a scripture that tells all Christians what their fate will be if they truly follow Christ:

Revelation 13:7 The beast….It was given power to wage war against God's holy people and to conquer them. And it was given authority over every tribe, people, language and nation.

Matthew 16:25 For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will find it.

Perhaps people need to come to the realization that the example that Jesus Christ gave us signifies that we must be willing to die for our faith in the same way that he died, like a sheep led to the slaughter, without lifting a finger against the enemy.

Additionally, Jesus Christ never instructed his followers to change the world, why? 

John 18:36 Jesus answered, “My kingdom is not of this world. If my kingdom were of this world, my servants would have been fighting, that I might not be delivered over to the Jews. But my kingdom is not from the world.”

Edited by WalkTheWay

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  377
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

I believe you are mistaken. The number one strategy of Satan is to ensure that money dominates every aspect of US society.

What is your evidence for belief? Or by what basis do you claim this?

He has, of course as part of that strategy, successfully deceived many Americans, including some American Christians, into thinking that accumulating money is a good thing. Jesus was very clear: you cannot serve God and money. Too many people think they can.

What do you make of Sharia law becoming implemented in areas where Muslim populations are dominating?

Seems to work well in the UK with Jewish "law" in certain civic matters, likewise Sikh "law"; could also work in similar civil areas for Sharia. But mainstream law must be pre-eminent in criminal matters and matters of human rights.

problem is that is strictly against teachings of Islamic law.    the basic goal of Islam is to make the whole world subject to sharia law thereby subject to Allah...  and to do so by force if necessary

Most Muslims are purely pragmatic about these things. And are perfectly happy to operate Sharia in some civil matters, alongside the over-riding criminal law system. Just as Jews have done for many, many years. It seems to work well in the UK for both Jewish and Muslim communities.

and when there numbers get to the point they can, you will be shocked as to how many of them change.

Muslims have lived in the UK for more than 40 years, the vast majority getting on with quiet and peaceable lives. Why do you feel the need to slur peace-loving people when just a tiny minority from the same religion cause trouble? Christianity has hardly had clean hands over the centuries, but we don't expect to be tarred with the same brush as those who have behaved abominably.

The difference is that when a Christian commits an atrocity he is doing so DESPITE the teachings of Christ. When a Muslim commits an atrocity, he is doing EXACTLY what Mohammed told him to do.

Christians who have acted abominably down the centuries have always justified their actions from the Bible.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

I believe you are mistaken. The number one strategy of Satan is to ensure that money dominates every aspect of US society.

What is your evidence for belief? Or by what basis do you claim this?

He has, of course as part of that strategy, successfully deceived many Americans, including some American Christians, into thinking that accumulating money is a good thing. Jesus was very clear: you cannot serve God and money. Too many people think they can.

What do you make of Sharia law becoming implemented in areas where Muslim populations are dominating?

Seems to work well in the UK with Jewish "law" in certain civic matters, likewise Sikh "law"; could also work in similar civil areas for Sharia. But mainstream law must be pre-eminent in criminal matters and matters of human rights.

problem is that is strictly against teachings of Islamic law.    the basic goal of Islam is to make the whole world subject to sharia law thereby subject to Allah...  and to do so by force if necessary

Most Muslims are purely pragmatic about these things. And are perfectly happy to operate Sharia in some civil matters, alongside the over-riding criminal law system. Just as Jews have done for many, many years. It seems to work well in the UK for both Jewish and Muslim communities.

and when there numbers get to the point they can, you will be shocked as to how many of them change.

Muslims have lived in the UK for more than 40 years, the vast majority getting on with quiet and peaceable lives. Why do you feel the need to slur peace-loving people when just a tiny minority from the same religion cause trouble? Christianity has hardly had clean hands over the centuries, but we don't expect to be tarred with the same brush as those who have behaved abominably.

The difference is that when a Christian commits an atrocity he is doing so DESPITE the teachings of Christ. When a Muslim commits an atrocity, he is doing EXACTLY what Mohammed told him to do.

Christians who have acted abominably down the centuries have always justified their actions from the Bible.

True, but a careful reading of scripture will show that often (not always) their actions cannot be justified.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  377
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

I agree. But many Muslim scholars say the same re. the abominable actions of a tiny minority of Muslims.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

If Martin Luther King, Jr. thought this the way you present it, he would not have changed the nation. Yes, he was non-violent, but neither did he do nothing to confront evil.

Not certain what Martin Luther King has to do with God's commandments.  Jesus Christ commands us to follow the Laws of Almighty God, not humans.

Here's a scripture that tells all Christians what their fate will be if they truly follow Christ:

Revelation 13:7 The beast….It was given power to wage war against God's holy people and to conquer them. And it was given authority over every tribe, people, language and nation.

Matthew 16:25 For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will find it.

Perhaps people need to come to the realization that the example that Jesus Christ gave us signifies that we must be willing to die for out faith in the same way that he died, like a sheep led to the slaughter, without lifting a finger against the enemy.

Additionally, Jesus Christ never instructed his followers to change the world, why? 

John 18:36 Jesus answered, “My kingdom is not of this world. If my kingdom were of this world, my servants would have been fighting, that I might not be delivered over to the Jews. But my kingdom is not from the world.”

So, are you then condemnig what Martin Luther King, Jr. did as being against Scripture?

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Of course He did!

Mat 28:18  And Jesus came and said to them, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 
Mat 28:19  Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 
Mat 28:20  teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age." 

And we are still changing it!

Can I get an Amen!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

Islam is as much the enemy of the faith as Judaim, Buddhism, etc. There is no immediate threat to America. That is all hype meant to divert from what is really going on.

A voice of sanity!

Money-madness is the Big Threat to America!

Amen. I'll prove it. Please gauge your agreement with the following phrases:

"I need money to survive, to eat; to put a roof over my family's heads."

"I must work for a paycheck in order to get money for the above needs."

"I have to have a car, in order to get to work."

So you dont need money to eat or put a roof over your familys heads? You dont work for your needs? That is against scripture. 

2 Thessalonians 3:10 For even when we were with you, we commanded you this, that if anyone would not work, neither should he eat.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.81
  • Days Won:  44

Islam might be your enemy, but it is not Christianity's.

Please explain this further. Are Islam and Christianity in your opinion pointing to the same Savior - Jesus Christ? Are the two religions compatible?

God bless,

GE

I agree. But many Muslim scholars say the same re. the abominable actions of a tiny minority of Muslims.

Define tiny minority? Isn't that like saying a small small number of Muslims?

Let's say for the sake of discussion that there are 1.6 billion followers of Islam today. Let's say that there is just 1% of those who are part of this tiny minority. That would mean 16 million who want to actively engaged in abominable actions. Now, let's assume that the number is closer to say 5%... That would mean 80 million who are actively engaged in abominable actions.

Food for thought.

God bless,

GE

Of course He did!

Mat 28:18  And Jesus came and said to them, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 
Mat 28:19  Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 
Mat 28:20  teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age." 

And we are still changing it!

Can I get an Amen!

Amen! :thumbsup: