• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Yes...from both sides unfortunately

It's a valid topic and should not be ignored, but by its very nature, it invites kooks...sorry, that's my word for it

What you describe above, does not sound of that variety

But I will see how things go here...

Hi Sister L. Glad to hear your take...we'll keep an eye out for them kooks. What do we do when they show up? Call down fire from heaven or send em head long down a hill? Oh wait...I know...we'll love em too. ;)

Gary

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

I have often wanted to see the spirit world, but that desire was birthed from vanity. In all honesty, I would not like to see the reality of evil spirits. Angels, yes, but I now choose to have Him show me in my mind. I am satisfied with this now.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

Hi Sister L. Glad to hear your take...we'll keep an eye out for them kooks. What do we do when they show up? Call down fire from heaven or send em head long down a hill? Oh wait...I know...we'll love em too. ;)

Gary

Well, quite honestly Brother G, some we rebuke (well not the flesh) and some we cry over and some we openly rebuke...but I do not call down

fire. I just honestly want what is true. I do have a desire to protect those that do not know and believe everything they hear just because

someone calls themself a Christian.

ps...you won't have to identify the kooks...they are keen on self expression....;)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38

Also,so often I believe God saved me so often from things through unseen angels!

You're right I believe to that there is all kinds of stuff on around us in the unseen world ,but I rather not choose to think about and just know that I'm protected by the blood!

There are different ways to interpret this bible verse,what does it tell

you?

I literally understand it to be revealing a world that exists all around us that we are oblivious unto unless we are given the ability to see it. This world is fully interactive with us. I experience regularly my eyes being opened to things or closed to things. I understand that I am simply being led to do that which is next in the plan of God for my life and that this is one of the tools that is used to direct my path though my heart devise my way. I have seen it in action many times. It is how I end up standing in front of a nice wooden dining table at an auction with no one else around to bid and walk away with it for $10. It is how I find myself sitting in a room with a certain woman who needs to hear from God about fighting intimidation instead of driving home from work. It is how I chose to leave work today just in time to pick up a man walking down the street so we could have a conversation about God. Understanding what is happening is half the battle.

Gary

I believe if you are a born again Christian,God will direct your life and is with you wherever you go,I had actually lots of time seen things marked down in the store or on sale just when I needed them,that's amazing !

I remember one time having to make 1 extra stop at the last moment from a shopping trip,If we ignored that stop which I thought would happen because my husband had enough of the shopping trip and wanted to go home, it was just in those 5 or 10 minutes that we found out when driving home that there was a bad accident on the road we would have to take to go home , the accident just happened there before we got there.

God is so good,what would we do without Him?

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  909
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,655
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

From personal experience, I know there is a "seeing" beyond eyesight. I have "seen" many things in the spirit, "heard" many voices I could have sworn were out loud...

In the "normal" world this kind of thing gets people locked up as insane. But be of good courage even Jesus' mother and brothers wanted to whisk him away from the crowds for what they suspected was madness in him.

When we set aside the things of this world... and mostly the things of self, we can peer into a higher realm. Pagans can do this as well as believers. And they tend to put their beliefs spin on what they experience, and of course they do not have the protection of the Holy Spirit living in them as believers do. The Apostles did this sort of thing communing with the Spirit of God in prayer and fasting. And they had life's interruptions to deal with but IMHO not like the imposition / interloping distractions of today.

If you can fast for a number of days, especially if you can retreat away from the distractions, you will "see" and you will "hear" things going on in the spirit realm like you never believed you could. I promise you this. For what we do not see and do not hear comes from our obsession with self and the things of this world.

• Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38

There are various scriptures in the bible that deal with people seeing that which is in the spiritual realm for example:

2Ki 6:17 And Elisha prayed, and said, LORD, I pray thee, open his eyes, that he may see. And the LORD opened the eyes of the young man; and he saw: and, behold, the mountain [was] full of horses and chariots of fire round about Elisha.

Have any of you experienced anything like this?

If so will you describe your experience, how it began, what it entailed?

Gary

Actually, I had a similar experience as that, but that was a very long time ago. I was only 12 years old at the time. The thing about that experience is that everything felt so real. I could hear, see, smell, and touch everything. At that time, I saw Christ standing over me as I was lying under a tree. That was only for a brief moment, and then it was gone. I always remembered that experience because everything felt so real. It wasn't just my eyes seeing it, it was also my hands feeling the grass underneath me, and my ears hearing the water nearby. There was a person standing next to me, and when I looked up, it was the Son of God looking down on me with a smile on His face. I was only 12 years old at that time.

Thanks for sharing,I remember when I was about 5 or 6 years old when I got my tonsils out ,I remember standing in the most beautiful field with trees you can imagine,I still think that this must be how heaven looks,the colors green ....I never seen anything before like that:)

But maybe my imagination was altered because of the stuff they gave me before the operation?

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Thanks for all the input so far. I believe beyond a shadow of a doubt that the spirit realm is as the scriptures say and that if God so choose to allow it, a person can actually see it due to the scriptural evidence. What I wanted to know for sure was if anyone here actually had experienced these things as I have not. Don't know if it was simply because I am discussing this or not but as I laid down to go to bed last night, I kept hearing someone walking up and down my stairs when I know for sure no one was actually there.

Gary

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  115
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  1

Gary,

Im sorry if I am diverting the topic slightly - But it fits here in context, how can you explain if you suddenly have a heightened sense of instinct? Would you classify this in the same category of a spiritual realm experience?

(Im being vague and there is a reason behind it!)

free.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

I have not seen, but I have heard. I mean literally heard what must have been His voice, or that of an angel, or whatever, but it was of heaven, and it saved me.

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  0

I have not seen, but I have heard. I mean literally heard what must have been His voice, or that of an angel, or whatever, but it was of heaven, and it saved me.

I've been in a similar situation.