Bold Believer

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  158
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

There is good reason to reject these modern day future tellers, there are none. Name one new prophesy that has been made since the NT writers died.

These people that stand up on occasion and speak forth there new revelations which never come true prove that they are false prophets and should be thankful they did not live in OT times.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

Well, that does not seem to be the premise of the op.......being a little familar with your posts allof grace, it seems you do not

believe in the spiritual gifts at all...so, of course you would not believe in any sort of prophetic revelation...true or otherwise

Taking a stand against the gifts, is not the same as actually answering the op

There is good reason to reject these modern day future tellers, there are none. Name one new prophesy that has been made since the NT writers died.

These people that stand up on occasion and speak forth there new revelations which never come true prove that they are false prophets and should be thankful they did not live in OT times.

The NT prophet is not a "fortune teller". The NT prophet does not add to scripture or negate scripture.

(From 1 Cor 14 emphasis added)

14 Follow the way of love and eagerly desire gifts of the Spirit, especially prophecy. 2 For anyone who speaks in a tongue[a] does not speak to people but to God. Indeed, no one understands them; they utter mysteries by the Spirit. 3 But the one who prophesies speaks to people for their strengthening, encouraging and comfort. 4 Anyone who speaks in a tongue edifies themselves, but the one who prophesies edifies the church. 5 I would like every one of you to speak in tongues,[b] but I would rather have you prophesy. The one who prophesies is greater than the one who speaks in tongues,[c] unless someone interprets, so that the church may be edified.

NT prophecy is given through an inspired speaker. A person with this gift has a keen awareness of current events and the cultural implications of not following God’s word.

That I would agree with, but is not what I was referring to. There are those on here that believe in new revelation, that is what I do not believe in.

Well, that does not seem to be the premise of the op.......being a little familar with your posts allof grace, it seems you do not

believe in the spiritual gifts at all...so, of course you would not believe in any sort of prophetic revelation...true or otherwise

Taking a stand against the gifts, is not the same as actually answering the op

You are right, you are a little familiar because you cannot show where I ever said that I did not believe in the gifts of Spirits. You only assume that for obvious reasons. But you are correct if you are referring to tongues in use for today. Nor does it make sense to me of the value of being able to say something that one does not understand. And as far as responding to the OP or any post, I did not see where I had to ask anyone's permission. You can always pass over them if you like.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  9

I believe there is a drought of hearing the word of God.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

bryanw92

I differentiated between the Office of Prophet and the Gift of Prophecy. Even if I am wrong and the Office of Prophet still exists, I explained why we never hear from them, or ignore them when they speak. Insults yours are the reason why no prophets speak out.

There are prophets, the office is alive and well. God never removed anything, nor has God changed. The Original 12 laid the foundation. Paul oversaw any church body he walked into.

Now, there are no WORLD prophets today. Some have tried, and failed miserably. No man is given a right to walk in any Church and give direction. That would be the Pastor office. There is a reason Pastor's have the flock.

The Apostle Works in the Work started, and foundation laid, until the Pastor is given. The Prophets works in and around to those that receive him.

We had a prophet that came to visit us. Her name was sister Betty. She was a blessing, and worked with us, and the Church she belonged to.

The direction for the Church bodily though is the Pastors responsibility. That is his anointing, not the prophets.

I was not trying to be Rude, but this idea that God removed things from us does not set well with me.

Jesus Is Lord.

Amen,

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02

Homosexual faux-marriage in Maine and other states.

"Legal" pot use in Colorado.

Considering legalizing bestiality in Florida.

Obviously, aborticide* in all states. (*Abortion is a miscarriage. Aborticide is the deliberate causing of a miscarriage by any means to kill an unborn child.)

I mean come on...Where are the prophets? Prophets ARE an office in God's church, but where are they? Has anyone heard the voice of a prophet in America today? I haven't, and I have my ears open. What good does it do to 'preach to the choir' so to speak? It's the GODLESS who need to hear. That's a prophet's job, to proclaim the word to the godless.

1 Peter 2:5 (NASB95)

5 you also, as living stones, are being built up as a spiritual house for a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.

1 Peter 2:9 (NASB95)

9 But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for God’s own possession, so that you may proclaim the excellencies of Him who has called you out of darkness into His marvelous light;

Revelation 1:6 (NASB95)

6 and He has made us to be a kingdom, priests to His God and Father—to Him be the glory and the dominion forever and ever. Amen.

Revelation 5:10 (NASB95)

10 “You have made them to be a kingdom and priests to our God; and they will reign upon the earth.”

Here's your prophecy... when the Church gets out of this dysfunctional structure of clergy | laity and all believers step up to their ministries using their spiritual gifts as priests of God...

THEN the world will be shaken up again.

But as long as believers hide behind myths and traditions of men like the unholy division in the Church (laity / clergy) and we are more interested in screaming our heads off at a Superbowl rather than a praise the Lord rally and cheering to high heaven when a believer comes to faith A N D we disciple all new converts...

America, your community and mine, the whole world will continue down the demonic tubes while we stand around with our finger up our nose asking "Wha... happen...?"

read my signature below about prophets and prophecies...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02

Abortion,

adultery,

all begin

with the

fornication