• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

Jeremiah 5:7-9 (NASB95)

7 “Why should I pardon you? Your sons have forsaken Me And sworn by those who are not gods. When I had fed them to the full, They committed adultery And trooped to the harlot’s house.

8 “They were well-fed lusty horses, Each one neighing after his neighbor’s wife.

9 “Shall I not punish these people,” declares the Lord, “And on a nation such as this Shall I not avenge Myself?

Are you sure you want a prophet's prophecy?

The world increasingly devolves because that's the nature of the beast.

We have the Holy Spirit living within us... we have a new nature if we will call upon it... we have the Truth... if we will abide by it and defend it...

Otherwise, dear brother, the prophecy is against US.

We have allowed and contributed what is going on in the world.

We are the salt. The World is the putrefaction we are to preserve and be an antiseptic to.

We are going to answer for what children are being exposed to these days (which adults should never see or witness).

Are you sure you really want the prophetic word for today?

WE must REPENT and take our Lord our salvation and our duty on an individual basis to him seriously or it will only get worse and worse.

We are long past the inconvenience factor. The evil in the world has fought tooth and nail to get its strongholds it now possesses. We CAN effect change but it WILL cost us dearly.

Are you ready?

Do you even want to know?

Most Christians look like a throng of ostriches with our heads buried in the sands of deliberate ignorance or willful denial with our posteriors sticking straight up and we wonder how and why our cans keep getting kicked by the world!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

So where have all the prophets gone? Concidering that prophets operate in a high level of the gifts of the Spirit, they usually are in places they can opperate freely in their giftings without being told they are extinct.

Their ministry is alot different from that of the old covenent. The old covenent, prophets were intrusted with the very words of God to rebuke and pronounce judgement, but in the new covenent, we are charged with the ministry of reconciliation. Which is not reguarding them as the expression of their flesh but reconciling them back to the Father.

2 Corinthians 5:16 Therefore, from now on, we regard no one according to the flesh. Even though we have known Christ according to the flesh, yet now we know Him thus no longer. 17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new. 18 Now all things are of God, who has reconciled us to Himself through Jesus Christ, and has given us the ministry of reconciliation, 19 that is, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not imputing their trespasses to them, and has committed to us the word of reconciliation

So, what would Elijah look like in the new covenent?

Malachi 4:5 Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet

Before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord.

6 And he will turn

The hearts of the fathers to the children,

And the hearts of the children to their fathers,

Lest I come and strike the earth with a curse.”

So a modern day prophet will be the one restoring the childrens heart to their Father. In context of the political agreements about homosexuality, They are usually the ones reconciling the homosexual back to the love of the Father.

Judgement was poured out on the cross.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  27
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

FloatingAxe:

Prophecy is a gift for the Church, to be used by the Church for the Church, first and foremost.

Ephesians 4:11

Now these are the gifts Christ gave to the church: the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, and the pastors and teachers.

bryanw92

The Office of Prophet does not exist anymore.

If that is true, then we are missing one of the ministry offices, and that greatly effects the perfecting of the saints.

Or.

You might need to leave the house more and find a Church that believes what the Word says. Belief is not based on what is seen, but what is written.

Jesus Is Lord.

I differentiated between the Office of Prophet and the Gift of Prophecy. Even if I am wrong and the Office of Prophet still exists, I explained why we never hear from them, or ignore them when they speak. Insults yours are the reason why no prophets speak out. Any prophecy might offer a new interpretation of scripture, and that always brings out the horde of prooftexters who tell them go find a church that believes the conventional interpretation. Thank you for illustrating the problem so well.

You are getting warm bryan and you are right there are two distinct functions, one being an office, the fact so many are confused reflects the state of the church.Jesus supplied these for his in bride to be perfected for his wedding, but dont think anyone God will allow him to be cheated and get a madonna,scripture shows god is very jealous of his Son and in this gospel age he is to be glorified and that includes in the wedding, if the guy who was not properly dressed was sent into outer darkness the church better believe jesus and the specially sellected writings that compile the New testament. This is as valid as any measure to base the great apostacy on of the church on as warned about. I liked danielzk's point about israel rejeting god as their king, the church leaders have done in this Era ( error) PUN INVITED, The church in the main has settled for a one size fits all pastorship or ministerhood and rejected what Jesus provided. {{{ Removed attack on Moderators please follow the ToS. }}} there is no wasted space in the parables. We dont live by every word do we? We all have gone astray.

From the WCF ToS...

If you have a problem with any of the Moderators or Chat admin, please keep it private. The moderation team serves this ministry on a voluntary basis. They are human beings and make mistakes. If you disagree with one of their decisions, make use of the PM system or email or the Repost Post button to get satisfaction. (Matt. 18:15)

This is a privately funded message board, we reserve the right to edit or remove any postings that we feel are detrimental to the fellowship on this board, or detrimental to the witness of the board, as we see fit. It is not possible to read every post. If you see a board violation, please report it using the “Report Post” button.

Edited by GoldenEagle
{{{ Removed attack on Moderators please follow the ToS. }}}

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

WE must REPENT and take our Lord our salvation and our duty on an individual basis to him seriously or it will only get worse and worse.

We are long past the inconvenience factor. The evil in the world has fought tooth and nail to get its strongholds it now possesses. We CAN effect change but it WILL cost us dearly.

Are you ready?

Do you even want to know?

Most Christians look like a throng of ostriches with our heads buried in the sands of deliberate ignorance or willful denial with our posteriors sticking straight up and we wonder how and why our cans keep getting kicked by the world!

If you are trying to say this is a word from God, I totally reject it. I have a Bible full of OT prophecies, many still to be fulfilled and

anyone can write that God hates sin and you are all going to get judged...IMO, this is the mentality of someone who reads the OT

without balancing it with the NT.

I am sorry that you think Christians are like ostriches....you sound like you have contempt...maybe you don't, but that is how it

reads to me.

You know, I can read or study the OT prophets and anything they had to say to backslidden Israel or Judah was far far worse than

what all the doom and gloom prophets try to copy...but no matter how dire the circumstances or angry God appeared to be while

speaking through those the prophets, no matter how awful....the love of God and the hope He always holds out is there also

I just do not see that in what you posted

I am so tired of this type of thing......I do not feel or think or believe God is actually saying these things right now. I really do not.

I have the Holy Spirit within me and I am sensitive enough to know if this was the message God has for Christians right now.

Of course God is going to judge. You don't need a prophet to tell you that.

I tend to agree along the lines of God wanting to restore hearts. We know judgement is coming....that's a no brainer.

The NT prophet should be a lot more low-key than the OT prophet. He doesn't have to walk into church, march up to the front during a service, bang his staff on the ground, and begin with "Thus saith the Lord..." Most of the "prophets" that you see (or read on the internet) believe that they are an OT prophet with plenty of "new" revelations and such. They set themselves apart with their "secret knowledge" and dole it out for maximum shock value.

I agree with this.

A NT prophet isn't a hermit with a hair shirt either. He has to be deeply involved with people as a brother so those people learn to trust his "intuitions". A good NT prophet rarely gives anyone a prophecy. He just gives his brothers and sisters good advice with scriptural backing. He also shouldn't be bashful about what he knows. A small nudge early might be all that is necessary to correct some behavior, rather than waiting for the problem to become so serious that only a very harsh rebuke will work. Holding your prophecy in, and warning people with statements like "You can't handle what I know." does not serve God's Kingdom at all. In fact, it is counter-productive.

If there is no love for people, but just judgement judgement judgement and condemnation, I do not trust the spirit of that person. They may be operating

in the flesh...they might be delivering this message from a lack of understanding or whatever...but all this message does is make hard hearts harder

and cause emotional responses that do not last.

The Holy Spirit changes people from the inside out...He does not whack them continually over the head and command they obey or be deported

to the hottest place on the planet. There are certain types or personalities of people, that identify with judging and punishment...I would

say to them apply that to yourself first and if there is any wrath left over, temper it with love and then we'll listen.

I also agree with the 'you can't handle it' nonsense...or being told...well, I would tell you, but you won't receive it. Both those things are utter

garbage and not from God. They speak of self righteousness and an air of self importance

A real prophet should ALWAYS be willing to respond and to help and to share God's heart. Unless, and this can happen, God by His Spirit

says no more.

The Holy Spirit changes people from the inside out...

Very true. Humans are very sense-sensitive. We hear, see, touch, smell, taste and we trust those senses instinctively. The Holy Spirit acting inside them is harder to trust. People will say, "I knew I shouldn't have done that." or "As soon as started, I knew it was wrong." or "I wanted to help, but wasn't sure if I should, so I walked away."

The NT prophet is an external voice with eye contact and perhaps a hug or handshake that compliments what the Holy Spirit is already saying. When the Holy Spirit is shouting at a person to do or not do something, and then a trusted friend walks up and says, "This is was Jesus says about what I think you are about to do", the human being can tell himself, "You know, you're right. I knew deep-down that it was wrong, but it seemed right at the time." In fact, the NT prophet never tells you something that the Holy Spirit hasn't been telling you for quite some time.

So many Christians put themselves into the hands of others by allowing someone to speak over them a word that they know nothing of...and then they

pursue THAT word instead of THE Word.

Some refer to that as Christian fortune telling (obviously there is no such thing as Christian fortune telling) and I think that is a good name for it

I have allowed that myself...years ago before I knew better...but I would never allow someone to do that to me now or allow someone I do not

know (their walk with God) to put their hands on me and pray for me...and there are some that I DO know that I would not allow them to

put their hands on me and pray

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Real Prophet:

While preaching on something (Most likely a Joel Osteen God is good message) I saw into the Spirit dark closets, under beds, a bedroom, behind a show curtain. I felt the fear (Felt it, understood it, not in fear though) It was like waves, and constant. Someone is breaking in, someone is going to break in. I then saw the women and her child. The same ones sitting in the middle row listening to me.

At the end of service, I walked over to her and stopped her. I told her I had to pray over her. I said, Nobody is breaking into your house. She looked at me startled and asked me how I knew that. I said the Lord showed me your in fear every night for your safety and child. I described her bedroom the shower curtain. She broke down and started to cry, and I laid hands on her and rebuked that spirit of fear, that the Lord never leaves or forsakes, and peace be in her house.

That next week she said all she has felt is the presence of God, and she had no more thoughts about someone breaking in at night.

All the glory be to our good, good God Who is merciful to the Just and the unjust.

Jesus is Lord.

Yes, most people don't understand that prophets have the ministry of delivering an healing, not just crying against corporate sin.