• No, Jesus was a man.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  450
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

Is there still three person in one person now ?

Was there three ?

and

now there is just one being ?

God is no longer spirit now ? now he has a earthen body that has been changed to live in - now that makes two

Now Christ is all powerful by returning to himself in heaven bringing the trinity together into one being ???

Before Jesus came there would have been two, when he came there were three and went to heaven and now there is one unity ??????????????

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,117
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

This thread would be so confusing to a new Christian that they might run away and hide......

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,384
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Birthday:  02/22/1996

Was there three ?

and

God is no longer spirit now ? now he has a earthen body that has been changed to live in - now that makes two

Now Christ is all powerful by returning to himself in heaven bringing the trinity together into one being ???

Before Jesus came there would have been two, when he came there were three and went to heaven and now there is one unity ??????????????

Could you by chance elaborate a bit on each of those? Not clear on your questions, but if i could, I would love to help.

God bless you,

Love to you in Him

Was there three ?

and

Could you by chance elaborate a bit on each of those? Not clear on your questions, but if i could, I would love to help.

God bless you,

Love to you in Him

Is there still a trinity in heaven now ?

When Jesus was here it seem like God was separated:

1. God in Heaven

2. Jesus on earth

3. Holy Spirit went about doing things

Are they all one now ? or still separated ?

Maybe I am not looking to clearly thru a trintiy eye glasses to well.

Was there three ?

and

God bless you,

Love to you in Him

1. God in Heaven

2. Jesus on earth

I am still confused by your question, but I will try and do with what I believe your confused with, ahead of time if it is not what your looking for I apologize.

I would like to make something clear,

It was not that God was "one" and broke off into a bunch of branches (3), these each make up God as a whole(3 are one), the Father, the Son and the Holy spirit.

Hebrew 12:2

"Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God."

Now you ask where is the Holy Spirit?

1 Corinthians 6:19-20

"Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s."

And these three are one!

1 John 5:7

"For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word,and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one."

"Hear, O Israel: the Lord our God is one Lord"

Deuteronomy 6: 4

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

From discussion in this original thread: http://www.worthychr.../page__st__20

This thread has two questions:

A. Was Jesus God?

B. Was Jesus 100% man and 100% God?

Interesting to read your thoughts. Bliblical backing is always welcomed. Looking forward to a good discussion. :thumbsup:

God bless,

GE

No- he denied it, and worships his GOD and Father.

Will you share with us the verse that says Jesus worshipped the Father?

Oh, and the verse where Jesus denied being God the Word?

Thank you.

Here is a brain teaser.

The bible says the all of God dwelled in Christ.

Col 2:9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

Meaning the Father, Word and Spirit dwelled in him fully. He was not just a part of the trinity he was the trinity. Christ is the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit all together.

Not to be a party pooper...

John 20:17 (KJV)

17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not;

for I am not yet ascended to my Father:

but go to my brethren, and say unto them,

I ascend unto my Father,

and your Father;

and to my God,

and your God.

If what you said were true, the Father would already be inside Jesus.

Colossians 2:9 is a Greek phrase from Hebrew thought saying Jesus' Spirit is just as much God as anyone in the Godhead.

John 1:1 (KJV)

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 1:14 (KJV)

14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

1 John 1:1-2 (KJV)

1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life;

2 (For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us;)

Clearly God the Word was with the Father but only God the Word became flesh. The Father is the Creator of the body of Jesus...

Hebrews 10:5 (KJV)

5 Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:

He did not say a body you prepared us...

You have to be careful to consider the context of all scripture when considering individual passages like Colossians 2:9.

Another is...

Hebrews 1:1-2 (KJV)

1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,

2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

The JW folks try to undeify Jesus with this clause making him only a venue through which God created all things.

But since we also have:

Isaiah 44:24 (KJV)

24 Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;

We must interpret the verse to mean that the Son who created the worlds is God and in fact the LORD (YHVH / Jehovah) and Hebrews 1:2 is like saying the one in the Godhead who did all the creating is the Son.

Another example is "the Trump family fortune was amassed by Donald Sr."

So, along with these verses:

John 1:3 (KJV)

3 All things were made by him (God the Word); and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Colossians 1:16 (KJV)

16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: (God the Word)

Isaiah 44:24 (KJV)

24 Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;

Was there three ?

and

God bless you,

Love to you in Him

1. God in Heaven

2. Jesus on earth

I am still confused by your question, but I will try and do with what I believe your confused with, ahead of time if it is not what your looking for I apologize.

It was not that God was "one" and broke off into a bunch of branches (3), these each make up God as a whole(3 are one), the Father, the Son and the Holy spirit.

"Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God."

"Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s."

And these three are one!

"For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word,and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one."

So when God was a child(Jesus) he was fully God in one body ? no where else ? all three in one place.

You are saying They are not three separate being.

Is God spirit now ?

or

Is God now Jesus with a body ?

You know how some believe when you die your spirit goes to heaven.

Now when the resurrection come you are united with your body and now you a not a spirit no more. right.?

So God is not the spirit part no more either ???

Well I am assuming that some believe God is spirit without a body. Is that true now or was it true back then ?

Was there three ?

and

God bless you,

Love to you in Him

1. God in Heaven

2. Jesus on earth

And these three are one!

So when God was a child(Jesus) he was fully God in one body ? no where else ? all three in one place.

You are saying They are not three separate being.

Is God spirit now ?

or

Is God now Jesus with a body ?

You know how some believe when you die your spirit goes to heaven.

Now when the resurrection come you are united with your body and now you a not a spirit no more. right.?

So God is not the spirit part no more either ???

Well I am assuming that some believe God is spirit without a body. Is that true now or was it true back then ?

Again, it is not that God was one big Creator, then broke off into three parts. God has been these three parts.

Consider this.

John 1:1

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."

From this we understand that the Word (Jesus) was with God and is God, not to be confused with He was God and is no longer.

John 1:2

"He was with God in the beginning."

The Word (Jesus) has been with God since the beginning.

John 1:3

"Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made."

And again, we are made to recognize that the Word (Jesus) was there during the creation and apart of the creation, nothing could have been made that was made.

Genesis 1:1

"In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth."

Not sure if you read this or not so will post it again. . . .

"One of the most famous of these is the shamrock which St. Patrick used as he evangelized Ireland. Holding up a shamrock to the angry pagans who demanded an explanation about how God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit are one God yet three beings, he asked them if he was holding up one leaf or three. If three leaves then why one stem? If one stem then why three leaves? The crowd was silenced and St. Patrick said; "And if you cannot explain so simple a mystery as the shamrock, how can you hope to understand one as profound as the Holy Trinity?"

Now, let me try and put this into perspective for you. Take for instance the three leaf clover as depicted in the quote above. If you take away one of the leaves it no longer becomes a three leaf clover, so, just as with God, He remains the same, thus His 'oneness' in the trinity must also remain the same.

As for the thing about Jesus, lets see if this verse helps.

Mark 16:9

"After the Lord Jesus had spoken to them, he was taken up into heaven and he sat at the right hand of God."

So to answer your question, no. Jesus is still Jesus, the Father is still the Father and the Holy Spirit is still the Holy Spirit, they all make up God.