• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  506
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  1,922
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  4

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2013/reneem325-4.htm

I was shown this and wondered if some of you might be interested in reading it.

Maybe I got the correct forum this time!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

yes. Interesting read. I would say author is most likely wrong. According to 1 Thessalonians 5:2 we will not know when Christ will come back-and if you ask me it is folly to try to predict when He will, because scripture does not specify Christs return-no matter how much we try to find it, it is clear, Jesus will come back like a thief in the night-He is the only one who knows the day and the hour.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  321
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/03/1957

Interesting read...but IMO any attempt at setting a date is an exercise in futility.

Jesus told us: Therefore you also be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect. (Matt 24:44) and But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, but My Father only. But as the days of Noah were, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be. (Matt 24:36-37)

If one could accurately predict the rapture of the church...then one could also accurately predict the Lord's return...and that just isn't going to happen.

As much as I long to hear the words: "Come up hither", I feel that is it more important to live my life as if He was returning today...even should He tarry for another 500 years.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,995
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,693
  • Content Per Day:  11.72
  • Days Won:  226

I am anxious for the Rapture of the Church and to go Home but date setting is a no no.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.75
  • Days Won:  22

As many times as I have seen people trying to date Jesus return, as many times as I have seen the date go by unobserved by such an event and as many times as I have

seen threads in this forum about that same subject and as many times as people respond with biblical reasons why dating is unproductive and nonbiblical, I honestly cannot

fathom why it continues as though nothing had ever been discussed

What does the Bible say? Does the Bible say play guessing games and see which of you is smarter and can nail it?

Seriously, WHAT does the Bible say about this subject? Hint: a good number of responders have given text from scritpure

but I was basically told in another forum that I was not up to par for receiving deep things.....

I am not a member of an elitist Christian group here or anywhere else...I'm just a dumb believer that believes the Bible and does not believe we have all these secret messages

and if we only look hard enough, we will have more knowledge

We are actually told in scripture not to do that.........if you look hard enough, you might find it

That is what I think of dating things when the Bible says not to.......this is not an 'especially for you' post joi so please do not take it that way..but do you believe such things? Do you

think that maybe there is truth there?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,309
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

Well, I for one hope the person is right....far be it from me to hold my breath though....... tried that in 1988 along with Hal Lindsey and all I got was red faced....

But I'll be ready just in case...... matter of fact I try to stay ready just in case we don't make it that long..

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,995
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,693
  • Content Per Day:  11.72
  • Days Won:  226

Well, I for one hope the person is right....far be it from me to hold my breath though....... tried that in 1988 along with Hal Lindsey and all I got was red faced....

But I'll be ready just in case...... matter of fact I try to stay ready just in case we don't make it that long..

I hope the person is right as well.I am ready!! :mgcheerful:

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.30
  • Days Won:  67

As many times as I have seen people trying to date Jesus return, as many times as I have seen the date go by unobserved by such an event and as many times as I have

seen threads in this forum about that same subject and as many times as people respond with biblical reasons why dating is unproductive and nonbiblical, I honestly cannot

fathom why it continues as though nothing had ever been discussed

What does the Bible say? Does the Bible say play guessing games and see which of you is smarter and can nail it?

Seriously, WHAT does the Bible say about this subject? Hint: a good number of responders have given text from scritpure

but I was basically told in another forum that I was not up to par for receiving deep things.....

I am not a member of an elitist Christian group here or anywhere else...I'm just a dumb believer that believes the Bible and does not believe we have all these secret messages

and if we only look hard enough, we will have more knowledge

We are actually told in scripture not to do that.........if you look hard enough, you might find it

That is what I think of dating things when the Bible says not to.......this is not an 'especially for you' post joi so please do not take it that way..but do you believe such things? Do you

think that maybe there is truth there?

I have a possible solution sevenseas, we could just start predicting every day as the day and eventually someone would be right :laugh:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

The Rapture is not an exit strategy....

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

No. The rapture is not possible on March 31/April 1, that I am aware of. The seals have not been opened.

I am still in the wait and see mode. If nothing major happens between now and Israels 65th birthday, then everything I have been shown regarding end times events is bunk and I am out of prophetic learning/teaching and focusing solely on living as Christ lived until he comes or I die, which ever comes first.

Peace in Christ.