JDavis

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  0

I was in a car crash once, and I walked away from it. I had more severe injuries than what Zimerman had.

You know whats really frightening though? Being mugged at knifepoint. Because someone mugging you at knifepoint isn't just going to stab you once, they're going to stab you multiple times. THAT is life threatening. The idea that Zimmerman was in a life threatening situation where he needed to shoot someone through the heart, because if he didn't, he would be dead, is absurd.

My central point, really, is that Zimmerman was not in a life threatening situation where he needed to use lethal force. That regardless of Zimmermans justifications, the killing of another human being like that is unjust. Had he not profiled Trayvon and pursued him, and treated him like any other person walking down the street, or simply stayed in his car and not acted like a wannabee-policeman, then this never would have happened.

I don't that it's absurd. If someone were on top of you banging the back of your head into concrete and you were helpless to stop it, you wouldn't feel threatened? That seems a lot more absurd to me. You're acting as if the only way to kill someone is with a gun or a knife. 

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  113
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  07/30/1994

I have a feeling that if Treyvon Martin was white, this whole story wouldn't get half the attention that it is getting.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

I found this very interesting information about little Travon.

BOYS IN THE HOODIES

Police buried Trayvon's criminal history

Exclusive: Jack Cashill exposes fact 'good kid' Martin should have been arrested twice

Published: 04/16/2013 at 7:40 PM  Jack Cashill

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2013/04/police-buried-trayvons-criminal-history/#Xs4AQ32YSseKDIOH.99

You know, this is really tragic. Society is now in the name of political correctness teaching minority youths that they do not have to face consequences for criminal actions. That is a greater harm than arresting them.

• Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Content Count:  15,715
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

I have a feeling that if Treyvon Martin was white, this whole story wouldn't get half the attention that it is getting.

probably not. and if martin had killed zimmerman, it wouldnt either.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  321
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/03/1957

Armchair Generals and Armchair Jurors....

Neither fights the battle nor are privy to the information afforded to the real thing....but both will sure pick apart the results afterward...Ugghhh.

The Jury has spoken...that's the way it works.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  93
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  1

No, there were not.  Because if there had been, they would have used them, because every non-critical-thinking liberal and racist in the country wanted Zimmerman convicted and fried, no matter what the real facts of the case were.  People are not angry because of injustice. That's total nonsense.  People are angry because the ones that are angry are nothing more than petulant children who live to perpetuate and further racial stereotypes.  They are angry because they didn't get what they wanted.

So speaks a person who's never been the victim of racial prejudice.  Believe it or not, racial prejudice is alive and kicking in Florida and many other parts of this country.

I pray to Almighty God that his Kingdom arrive as soon as possible to stop all the racial inequalities and prejudices that exist and are practiced in this world, including by some who call themselves Christians but do not follow Christ in any way.

Edited by WalkTheWay

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

No, there were not.  Because if there had been, they would have used them, because every non-critical-thinking liberal and racist in the country wanted Zimmerman convicted and fried, no matter what the real facts of the case were.  People are not angry because of injustice. That's total nonsense.  People are angry because the ones that are angry are nothing more than petulant children who live to perpetuate and further racial stereotypes.  They are angry because they didn't get what they wanted.

So speaks a person who's never been the victim of racial prejudice.  Believe it or not, racial prejudice is alive and kicking in Florida and many other parts of this country.

I pray to Almighty God that his Kingdom arrive as soon as possible to stop all the racial inequalities and prejudices that exist and are practiced in this world, including by some who call themselves Christians but do not follow Christ in any way.

What makes you think cobalt has never experienced racism? Because he is white? As a white woman, I have experienced a lot of racism directed towards me. There is a good chance cobalt has experienced the same thing. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  98
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,260
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

I am as well,  JDavis.  I believe Zimmerman, while not guilty of murder, is guilty of provoking a confrontation.  Even if the Martin kid was being a typical mouthy teenager he didn't deserve to die for it.  Lives have been devastated and one lost forever here.  But the jury has spoken and we have to respect their verdict.

Zimmerman was jumped and beaten by the kid.  How, exactly, does that translate into provoking a confrontation?  If Zimmerman had been black, and the kid killed was white or Hispanic, the case never would have gone to trial and he probably wouldn't have been charged at all. So your concept of "justice" and my concept of justice are not the same.  You are advocating that an innocent man be held responsible and punished for something that he didn't do.  Would that work for you, if the shoe were on your foot?

I would say that getting out of your car and following Martin could be construed as provoking a confrontation.

Not necessarily.  Mr. Zimmerman was the neighborhood watchman at the time, and it was reported there were alot of break ins in the neighborhood.  It was also reported to 911 dispatcher by Mr. Zimmerman  that Martin was acting suspicious. I think Mr. Zimmerman was only trying to prevent another possible break-in in the community.  It was also reported that the  dispatcher told Mr. Zimmerman after the call that Mr. Zimmerman did not have to follow Martin.  Mr. Zimmerman, according to my understanding and his testimony was headed back to his car when Martin jumped him from behind and pinned him down.  Had Martin not done this, he would still be alive more.

• Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Content Count:  15,715
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

walk, you say that, but the fact is, they overcharged him with second degree murder to begin with, and then when they realized they wernt going to get it, went to manslaughter, and even tried to bring in child abuse! they were trying their hardest to get zimmerman locked up. It was blatantly obvious to anyone actually watching, that they were grasping at straws, and they failed, miserably-because there wasnt enough evidence to convict. now its time, to respect the outcome-the jury has spoken.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

Obama statment following Zimmerman verdict.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2013/07/14/obama-makes-statement-following-zimmerman-verdict/?hpt=hp_t2

"The death of Trayvon Martin was a tragedy. Not just for his family, or for any one community, but for America. I know this case has elicited strong passions. And in the wake of the verdict, I know those passions may be running even higher. But we are a nation of laws, and a jury has spoken. I now ask every American to respect the call for calm reflection from two parents who lost their young son. And as we do, we should ask ourselves if we’re doing all we can to widen the circle of compassion and understanding in our own communities. We should ask ourselves if we’re doing all we can to stem the tide of gun violence that claims too many lives across this country on a daily basis. We should ask ourselves, as individuals and as a society, how we can prevent future tragedies like this. As citizens, that’s a job for all of us. That’s the way to honor Trayvon Martin."

I agree with the President's statement but......the federal government, nor the President, should never have weighed in on what was a state issue, subject to Florida law.                         

What does this verdict have to do with gun control?

The President has shown once again that he is out of touch with America and the rule of law.

Who mentioned gun control?  :confused: