ayin jade

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  3

A few times I have found myself fiddling with my phone in church. Once I even text somebody, told them I was in church. LOL I have A.D.D it happens!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,257
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

My kids and grandkids use a bible app almost exclusively. Now our son is challanging them to learn to look the verses up in a bound Bible. I gave them highlighters to highlight favorite verses, which I see them doing. However, he texts them verses every morning to look up and he sends them an application to their lives. They return in kind, but the verses of the 9 year old don't always apply to the subject. But she trys and is learning to read a Bible. They also text prayer requests. It may not be as good as family devotions but they like it and continue to do it.

The probably may be worse in churches that are boring, in which the Holy Spirit is not working, such as in mormon services.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  438
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,947
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  04/18/1949

I have e-Sword on my iPhone, and I do use it at church. However, I have it completely silent and I don't use it in church for anything except Bible study. I have numerous translations, commentaries, and dictionaries on it - and I can make the font size as large as I need it. Others, including older people, use iPads in the same manner for the same purpose. (No playing or disturbing the service in any way.) I see nothing wrong with this under the conditions above.

• Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,715
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

I do fiddle with mine. For 2 reasons. first, I have my bible on my smart phone. Second, it actually helps me keep focused on the service-believe it or not, im a bit fidgety, I need something to do with my hands, or my mind wanders. me and my brother both have this issue-he solves it by drawing, I dont have any artistic talents so I fiddle with my phone. In both cases-me and my brother, we can often tell you not only what the service was about, but remember more then the vast majority of everyone else there.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

I do fiddle with mine. For 2 reasons. first, I have my bible on my smart phone. Second, it actually helps me keep focused on the service-believe it or not, im a bit fidgety, I need something to do with my hands, or my mind wanders. me and my brother both have this issue-he solves it by drawing, I dont have any artistic talents so I fiddle with my phone. In both cases-me and my brother, we can often tell you not only what the service was about, but remember more then the vast majority of everyone else there.

Pat,did you have ADHD as a child?

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,397
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

No he has ZQDPLSD.... it's quite contagious! His doctor said it was from over exposure to poodles :o

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

my pastor knows i have my bible on the phone and/or kindle and he can usually tell when we're reading along.

our church uses the NIV and he knows i don't like that translation and that's why I read along with my Bible

• Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,715
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

technically, I was "diagnosed" with it as a child yes, however, I do not really believe in ADHD. I have not seen enough evidence to support that such a "disorder" exists, or if it does, is so magnified beyond all realms of imagination. But that is an entirely different conversation.

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

technically, I was "diagnosed" with it as a child yes, however, I do not really believe in ADHD. I have not seen enough evidence to support that such a "disorder" exists, or if it does, is so magnified beyond all realms of imagination. But that is an entirely different conversation.

it exists. My brother had it. 

But it has been overly diagnosed and hyped up too. Many kids are given that diagnosis and put on meds when they are not hyperactive. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  97
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  03/18/1966

I have the need to do things with my hands or have something going on in the background so i can listen. I would crochet but people don't like that in church. I could doodle but once again people assume that means I am not listening. My pastor knows I need to be sort of pre occupied with something in order to listen, it is the people who assume and are rude before they know what is up. I also have my bible on my kindle it is easier to move around then an actual bound book. I just wouldn't jump to conclusions about what people are doing or why. My pastor has a bible on his phone and during sunday school he used it then got a nasty letter the next day of course there wasn't a name so he could explain.           

Pat they have done studies of the brain of kids with adhd and the problem is the brain isn't stimulated enough so fidgiting and noises or like me needing to do something with their hands helps stimulate so they can listen or keep on task.