• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  29
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/20/1942

A followup on the situation.

The lady called my wife and I this weekend.  She said she appreciated our interest in her and that we were concerned about her well being.  She said she knew we were right but she seemed helpless to change the situation, that she was lonely, in financial difficulties, and felt depressed.  She wasn't as cheerful or happy as she usually appears.  She repeatedly said she felt helpless to change her ways.  One comment that she made was that "she would just die if her mother and sister found out what she was doing."

We told her we would pray for her, that she we sent a request for prayers for her in our church.  I asked her if there was a group in her church that could help her and she said she could not reveal her story to any group.  I mentioned that our church has a recovery program and she should see if there was a God centered program where she lives and she should look into joining it.  She said she would look into it.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  98
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,260
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

The lady called my wife and I this weekend.  She said she appreciated our interest in her and that we were concerned about her well being.  She said she knew we were right but she seemed helpless to change the situation, that she was lonely, in financial difficulties, and felt depressed.  She wasn't as cheerful or happy as she usually appears.  She repeatedly said she felt helpless to change her ways.  One comment that she made was that "she would just die if her mother and sister found out what she was doing."

We told her we would pray for her, that she we sent a request for prayers for her in our church.  I asked her if there was a group in her church that could help her and she said she could not reveal her story to any group.  I mentioned that our church has a recovery program and she should see if there was a God centered program where she lives and she should look into joining it.  She said she would look into it.

I think that is wonderful, conservative.  It sounds as if the Lord is convicting her heart and I think the best thing to do now is to keep on praying for her and encouraging her, as you have done.  I believe you have planted the seeds that will in time bear good fruit. :thumbsup:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

What a terribly difficult situation for her!  Thank you for bringing the update conservator.  You have given her great advice and done what is right.  I pray she now receives the support and prayers

that are needed.  I am truly sorry she fell into such sin and pray God give her the courage to repent and step out of it.  She does not have an easy time ahead.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

If she has trouble finding a group in her area, there is always the online site called Setting Captives Free.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Now, this is a better look at what she is dealing with---namely conviction, and her admission to powerlessness is an open call to earnestly pray for her as intercessors. I am pleased that her heart is not as hardened as was first described!

I think you have made her feel not threatened and so you have won her confidence, praise God!

In Jesus, there is always hope! He is using you, friend!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  147
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Christians do Continue to Sin , as is made clear in the verses below

1Jo 1:8 If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

1Jo 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

1Jo 1:10 If we say we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

1Jo 2:1 My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you may not sin. But if anyone does sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous.

However, Divine assistance not to sin is given at,

1Cr 10:13 No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.

Every blessing.

Edwin.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

What do you folks think about persons such as this lady who claim to be Christians and say they are saved but continue to lead a life of sin and how would you answer them?

Those people are in for a rude awakening.

Just my opinion.

I would say you will know them by their fruits..  It sounds to me as if this woman is  under the wrong assumption of what a real believer is.    

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,263
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Rom 7:21-25

21 It seems to be a fact of life that when I want to do what is right, I inevitably do what is wrong. 22 I love God's law with all my heart. 23 But there is another law at work within me that is at war with my mind. This law wins the fight and makes me a slave to the sin that is still within me. 24 Oh, what a miserable person I am! Who will free me from this life that is dominated by sin?   25 Thank God! The answer is in Jesus Christ our Lord. So you see how it is: In my mind I really want to obey God's law, but because of my sinful nature I am a slave to sin.

NLT

i do believe we all suffer from this condition.........    i must say though it does get easier the longer i walk with the Spirit

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  559
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/01/1962

A friend of my wife comes from a Christian home with both her mother and sister being ministers. This lady claims she has been saved and says she has accepted Jesus as her personal savior.  However, her lifestyle does not live up to her being a good Christian.  She has been divorced for about one year and since that time has had sex with numerous men often after their first date.

She recently visited us and the discussion got around to her personal life.  She took the position that her "being saved" has wiped out all her past and her future sins and that she can continue to lead the life she is living with immunity.  It's sort of like getting a perpetual get out of jail card.  :madgrin: 

I cited to her two verses.  The first was in Acts 3:19:  "Repent then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out...."  I then questioned if she truly repented if she willingly commits the same sin over and over again.  The second section is contained in John Chapter 8 where Jesus in verse 11 tells the woman to "Go now and leave your life of sin."

What do you folks think about persons such as this lady who claim to be Christians and say they are saved but continue to lead a life of sin and how would you answer them?

Repentance means to change one's life, not just change one's mind. When Peter preached to the crowd at Pentecost they said 'men and brethren what should we do?' Obviously the believed or they wouldn't have asked what to do. Peter said repent and be baptized. He didn't say don't worry about it as long as you believe.

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  41,422
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

A friend of my wife comes from a Christian home with both her mother and sister being ministers. This lady claims she has been saved and says she has accepted Jesus as her personal savior.  However, her lifestyle does not live up to her being a good Christian.  She has been divorced for about one year and since that time has had sex with numerous men often after their first date.

She recently visited us and the discussion got around to her personal life.  She took the position that her "being saved" has wiped out all her past and her future sins and that she can continue to lead the life she is living with immunity.  It's sort of like getting a perpetual get out of jail card.  :madgrin: 

I cited to her two verses.  The first was in Acts 3:19:  "Repent then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out...."  I then questioned if she truly repented if she willingly commits the same sin over and over again.  The second section is contained in John Chapter 8 where Jesus in verse 11 tells the woman to "Go now and leave your life of sin."

Repentance means to change one's life, not just change one's mind. When Peter preached to the crowd at Pentecost they said 'men and brethren what should we do?' Obviously the believed or they wouldn't have asked what to do. Peter said repent and be baptized. He didn't say don't worry about it as long as you believe.

Matt 7:16-20

16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.

18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

KJV

This 'IS' the perspective from our Judge... We shall be examined by our lives and the fruit

that is produced. Now we can perhaps through discipline fool those around us outward...

but the fruit of others in Spiritual rebirth cannot be faked that is proportioned by God

Himself Through The Holy Spirit-

Matt 13:23

23 But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth

it; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.

KJV

as man looketh upon the outward appearance God See's the heart -He cannot be fooled- 

and 'IS' 'IS' without end...    Love, Steven