Fez

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  616
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  3

One thing that stands out in my sleep muddled brain with roofers banging overhead ....

Jesus did not want demons to be a witness of Him. He told the man who was freed from possession not to tell anyone. Yes He warns us to be wary and not deceived but that means keeping our eyes on Him, not on demonic stuff. 

It is my understanding that the command (sorry forget just what passage at the moment) where Jesus forbade them to speak (more than one I think) actually might or would be translated as

"shut up!" and not just be quiet.  

There is the instance of the legion demon where Jesus asked 'their' name...but that seems to be the exception....just the opposite of what many 'deliverance' ministers do now....which I do not find biblical either

I mean, if something is just going to lie to you, then why would you ask it anything?  Even if it tells the truth, the ultimate aim is always and only to deceive, lead astray and destroy

I'm not an expert, but in my experience, you just want them gone

you might consider the boy who the disciples could not cast the demon out of, what did Jesus say concerning those kind of demons, not every demon jumps out with a single command, some require prayer and fasting, as Jesus instructed 

while I don't believe every believer is called to the ministry of casting out demons, Mark attributes it as a sign for those that believe, I would attribute it to a believer that has taken in a little more than bread and milk

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

One thing that stands out in my sleep muddled brain with roofers banging overhead ....

Jesus did not want demons to be a witness of Him. He told the man who was freed from possession not to tell anyone. Yes He warns us to be wary and not deceived but that means keeping our eyes on Him, not on demonic stuff. 

It is my understanding that the command (sorry forget just what passage at the moment) where Jesus forbade them to speak (more than one I think) actually might or would be translated as

There is the instance of the legion demon where Jesus asked 'their' name...but that seems to be the exception....just the opposite of what many 'deliverance' ministers do now....which I do not find biblical either

I mean, if something is just going to lie to you, then why would you ask it anything?  Even if it tells the truth, the ultimate aim is always and only to deceive, lead astray and destroy

you might consider the boy who the disciples could not cast the demon out of, what did Jesus say concerning those kind of demons, not every demon jumps out with a single command, some require prayer and fasting, as Jesus instructed 

while I don't believe every believer is called to the ministry of casting out demons, Mark attributes it as a sign for those that believe, I would attribute it to a believer that has taken in a little more than bread and milk

Yes! And a believer who understands and lives fully in the Love of God. Because that is the only foundation you really have.

Example?

If you are confronting someone who is possessed, and dangerous, and you rely solely on your love for Jesus you could find yourself in trouble. But if you understand the Love Jesus has for you, the unshakable, all encompassing, never failing Love, you have the foundation to speak in faith from.

Can you see what I am trying to say.?

When Jesus sends out the twelve, casting out demons was part of the ministry, personally I find it almost appalling how little Christians actually know about the subject.

but considering its a controversial subject I imagine its clear as to why this is the case.  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,319
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

Luke 11:23-26

24 "When the unclean spirit goes out of a man, it passes through waterless places seeking rest, and not finding any, it says, 'I will return to my house from which I came.' 25 "And when it comes, it finds it swept and put in order.  26 "Then it goes and takes along seven other spirits more evil than itself, and they go in and live there; and the last state of that man becomes worse than the first."

NASB

when you guys finally decide how to rid someone of a spirit, you might give some prior thought to this....   if you help a person with a demonic problem, and are not available to mentor that person or make sure that you are putting them in some other mentors help, you do them great harm most of the time.in the long run.   the next time you deal with this person you'd better be really prayed up....   and if the person has been abused you have personality problems to deal with besides any dark forces and that usually needs professional help.  If you know someone who is so filled with the spirit that they just lay hands on people and they are instantly healed please let me know...  I know about 300 people that need help right now

Yes! And a believer who understands and lives fully in the Love of God. Because that is the only foundation you really have.

Example?

If you are confronting someone who is possessed, and dangerous, and you rely solely on your love for Jesus you could find yourself in trouble. But if you understand the Love Jesus has for you, the unshakable, all encompassing, never failing Love, you have the foundation to speak in faith from.

Can you see what I am trying to say.?

clearly the bible teaches that faith in Jesus Christ is what is paramount for believers, biblically it is the Holy Spirit that is the power behind casting out demons, love for Jesus is nice , and its nice to know Jesus loves us, but the word of God says its faith that moves mountains not love

maybe you believe understanding God's love for you is what gives you faith, I think that maybe different for each person, maybe you have a scripture that would show that faith is grown through understanding God's love for us

I believe the bible says that faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God Romans 10:17

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.20
  • Days Won:  115

Luke 11:23-26

24 "When the unclean spirit goes out of a man, it passes through waterless places seeking rest, and not finding any, it says, 'I will return to my house from which I came.' 25 "And when it comes, it finds it swept and put in order.  26 "Then it goes and takes along seven other spirits more evil than itself, and they go in and live there; and the last state of that man becomes worse than the first."

NASB

when you guys finally decide how to rid someone of a spirit, you might give some prior thought to this....   if you help a person with a demonic problem, and are not available to mentor that person or make sure that you are putting them in some other mentors help, you do them great harm most of the time.in the long run.   the next time you deal with this person you'd better be really prayed up....   and if the person has been abused you have personality problems to deal with besides any dark forces and that usually needs professional help.  If you know someone who is so filled with the spirit that they just lay hands on people and they are instantly healed please let me know...  I know about 300 people that need help right now

When a spirit is cast from a person, and the person is left without salvation, it would be better to of done nothing.  Be prepared to begin the first part of their new life for this person by ensuring they accept Christ.  Discipleship is a must,

Matthew 12:43-45

“When an unclean spirit goes out of a man, he goes through dry places, seeking rest, and finds none. Then he says, ‘I will return to my house from which I came.’ And when he comes, he finds it empty, swept, and put in order. Then he goes and takes with him seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter and dwell there; and the last state of that man is worse than the first. So shall it also be with this wicked generation.”

and again ...

Luke 11:24-26

“When an unclean spirit goes out of a man, he goes through dry places, seeking rest; and finding none, he says, ‘I will return to my house from which I came.’ And when he comes, he finds it swept and put in order. Then he goes and takes with him seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter and dwell there; and the last state of that man is worse than the first.”

I don't mind answering that fez, but first, is that a rhetorical request? And second, I wonder how is it relevant to what I asked. Why would enjoying discussing or even debating politics imply that the people who engage in those things don't understand God's love?

I did not say that they don't understand God's Love alpha. I am saying that God's love, and acceptance of it is paramount to our walk as believers. That is what we need to understand.

Do you possess this understanding?

Sorry, I just had to ask. You know how it is.    :)

Listen, if I knew nothing about demons I would simply write nothing.  Jesus delivered those in darnkness in public.  That way, God always received the glory.

One scripture is better than all the hogwash about aliens.  Just one scripture will do more to set a soul free than all the profiling and indoctrination into the world of

secret societies and the illuminati.

Scripture damages people?  You have a better way?  Now I know you are treading in dark waters.  But I didn't actually need you to make that statement to know that.

I firmly believe that the devil has a plan but God has a better one.

I have helped any and all God has seen fit to send my way.  Yes...in the name of Jesus I have cast out demons and helped to set people free...but I prefer they learn to walk

in the light themself rather then feed them pablum and keep them needy.

This is not a competition...I cannot set anyone free.  But I know SOMEONE who can and His blood was shed to set the captives free.

My heart breaks for those in captivity because I know how it feels.  Bragging rights belong to those who think they know something.

I am of the belief that it is better not to tell everyone everything we think we know.  I do not find enlightment in those things...only more darkness

Deception always has some truth to it.  There is some truth to all the demon conspiracy theories...the rest is a vortex of lies and deception.

Let us walk in the light.

how many people have you held hands with and worked through freeing them from demonic bondage and stayed around mentoring them until they could stand on their own,  until you can say several don't council me about demons.  I didn't bring this subject up.  I'm only trying to tell you just how wrong and destructive your stand on demons is.......

Other One, I don't understand why people are critical of you and what you are doing?  It is obvious to me you are trying to help people, and I find much of the criticisms judgemental.  I also agree with you about possible end time deceptions?  I don't understand why people want to limit the conversation on subjects like this to such a narrow focus?  Demons are real, and there is no question there are deceptions being propagated regarding little grey men from another planet. 

Other One, I don't understand why people are critical of you and what you are doing?  It is obvious to me you are trying to help people, and I find much of the criticisms judgemental.  I also agree with you about possible end time deceptions?  I don't understand why people want to limit the conversation on subjects like this to such a narrow focus?  Demons are real, and there is no question there are deceptions being propagated regarding little grey men from another planet. 

I agree. Also it's important to note that not every believer has the ability to discern spirits. We shouldn't strangle this gift it's very important in the last days.

1Co 12:10-11  To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:  (11)  But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.

2Co 11:13-15  For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.  (14)  And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.  (15)  Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

I don't mind answering that fez, but first, is that a rhetorical request? And second, I wonder how is it relevant to what I asked. Why would enjoying discussing or even debating politics imply that the people who engage in those things don't understand God's love?

I did not say that they don't understand God's Love alpha. I am saying that God's love, and acceptance of it is paramount to our walk as believers. That is what we need to understand.

Do you possess this understanding?

Sorry, I just had to ask. You know how it is.    :)

Man, seriously well done! You are the first person that has asked this question of me and you may be surprised at the answer!

But first answer my similar question to you that I have been nagging you about for the last million posts... :whistling: