*Zion*

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,128
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

It's a difficult question to answer with authority. We know what the bible says (whether we like it or not), but as my pastor asks," if women are running a church where are the men? ". 

What I am trying to say is that we all have responsibilities, and if we met them as the bible tells us to do, we would not even be debating this.

I do know that when all 42 kg of my wife starts to speak of Jesus, people put down what they are doing and listen. Me included. But she often starts off by saying "me and "Fez" were talking about...."

It's teamwork as it should be, and it can't be said better than this....

Pro 31:10  An excellent wife who can find? She is far more precious than jewels. 
Pro 31:11  The heart of her husband trusts in her, and he will have no lack of gain. 
Pro 31:12  She does him good, and not harm, all the days of her life. 
Pro 31:13  She seeks wool and flax, and works with willing hands. 
Pro 31:14  She is like the ships of the merchant; she brings her food from afar. 
Pro 31:15  She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens. 
Pro 31:16  She considers a field and buys it; with the fruit of her hands she plants a vineyard. 
Pro 31:17  She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong. 
Pro 31:18  She perceives that her merchandise is profitable. Her lamp does not go out at night. 
Pro 31:19  She puts her hands to the distaff, and her hands hold the spindle. 
Pro 31:20  She opens her hand to the poor and reaches out her hands to the needy. 
Pro 31:21  She is not afraid of snow for her household, for all her household are clothed in scarlet. 
Pro 31:22  She makes bed coverings for herself; her clothing is fine linen and purple. 
Pro 31:23  Her husband is known in the gates when he sits among the elders of the land. 
Pro 31:24  She makes linen garments and sells them; she delivers sashes to the merchant. 
Pro 31:25  Strength and dignity are her clothing, and she laughs at the time to come. 
Pro 31:26  She opens her mouth with wisdom, and the teaching of kindness is on her tongue. 
Pro 31:27  She looks well to the ways of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness. 
Pro 31:28  Her children rise up and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her: 
Pro 31:29  "Many women have done excellently, but you surpass them all." 
Pro 31:30  Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised. 
Pro 31:31  Give her of the fruit of her hands, and let her works praise her in the gates. 

She is buying, selling providing, nurturing, trustworthy and Loves God. Her husband and her children love her. She teaches kindness with wisdom.

Now if only the men out there can match this, we have an unbeatable team.

you two would surely make good neighbors....

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  358
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

I beg to differ with you.What about all the women in the bible? Estersundayhver men. Anna was a prophet,Lydia led a group of women in prayer by the river but went on to work side by side with Paul to help build (witness and speak) the phillipian church. Priscilla aslo worked along side of Paul and her husband.

Jesus loves women and was even ministered to and supported by women. The first missionary ever sent was Mary at the tomb ofJesus appeared to her and told her to go tell the others. Iam praying for anyone out there who believes women have no place in ministry. If it Were not for women tere would be no church. Just look around every sunday.

Just because Paul ccorrected some women who were talking in the church over some men. (They had come together for the first time women and men worshiping together) is taken greatly out of context and while we all need correction at times it does not make us any less than a child of God. God loves us all men and women.

What about areas in which men can't mi ister

I have never said that God Can't use a woman, this is not about women having ministries but rather "women in authority"

1 Tim 2:11-15

11 Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.

12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

13 For Adam was first formed, then Eve.

14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.

15 Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.

KJV

There is an order in Heaven the Father, the Son, the Holy Ghost, because the Son obeys the Father does not put Him less Jesus said He felt it not robbery to be equal with the Father, Satan has put pride in some women making them think they less, because they are not to hold certain offices in the Church. Satan ask Eve hath God said and he is still up to the same ole tricks. Hath God said in His inspired Holy Word That women shouldn't have Authority over Man? Yes The Apostle and Pastor is authoritative offices in the Church, a teacher, Prophet or evangelist are all under the other two offices but are all as well as equal concerning their offices in the Church. Jesus is head of the Church as man is head of the House. I am no less a person being under Christ, I am glad I have someone over me, looking after me, Loves me, fights my battle, protects me. Only pride would try to raise me above where God has placed me. But I will correct you in one area, the women at the well, which told her towns folks about Jesus was before Mary and the tomb.

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  194
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  02/27/1984

Yeah it's sad that in today's society, men who try to follow the bible's authority on men and women's roles are ostracized and made to look like male-chauvinist pigs.  but really, I hope my wife will understand our different roles and will appreciate me loving her as Christ loved the church.

*blind post*

I believe that God gives different roles for men and women.  A lot of women today don't like their role because they don't like the biblical teaching of a man having authority over them.  People ask me all the time if men and women are equal and they aren't.  Really, this isn't a stab at women, saying they aren't capable of this or that...but God created us TO be different.  Our differences are important. 

Women have an important role in marriage and in our churches. 

I remember going to a Tuesday night bible study a few weeks back and it is usually a split study, men in one room and women in another, the pastor leading the guys and his wife leading the women.  But we decided to combine the service that day and his wife led our teaching.  None of the guys there had an issue with it.  She is a great bible teacher and one of the sweetest ladies I know. 

but when there's a meeting and decisions have to be made about the church, only men are allowed to make the decisions.  The board is all men.  To teach does not give anyone authority over one another.

you just contradicted yourself, men are different, and God has assigned different jobs, however a woman is not to teach the man

1 Tim 2:11-15

11 Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.

12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

13 For Adam was first formed, then Eve.

14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.

15 Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.

KJV

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  194
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  02/27/1984

How is that a contradiction?  I said men and women have different roles. 

My pastor's wife didn't have authority over us.  She didn't preach from the bible.  She shared with us an article she found about being ornaments of God around Christmas time.  It was a nice thing.  It was a joint thing with her husband, our pastor. 

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  69
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  06/03/1987

This scripture is for church and I believe the home.  I was married for 25 years .  Steve was the head of our home.  That does not mean I was a doormat.  We always talked things over but the final decision was always his.  In the church women are  not to be pastors.  They are not to be over men.  I believe women are not even to be what would be called deaconess.  The Bible is clear.  Take the scripture and understand it means what is says.

That is sexist. Women have rights. I am not property except to God. I will not obey a man. Slavery is wrong.

I suggest you study these passages

1 Cor 6:19-20

19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost

which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your

body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

KJV

Gal 5:13

13 For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not

liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another.

KJV

By the letter of law we are not slaves but by The Love of God we are slaves to

one another as The Church the Bride and the Husband our Lord!

Love, Steven

No. i will not be a slave to a man. I spent 13 years as a subservient female slave and I am NOT going back. Women are not property.

Being a submissive wife does not mean being subservient. The Bible also tells us men to love our wives and lay our lives down for them as Christ did for us. If a man is dominating then it is not the scripture that is his problem... 

:consoling2:

Paul said he was a prisoner Of Jesus Christ. I guess that bondage would make you sad too. any where we find the Word "servant" in scriptures it could have very well been the word "slave" to be a servant/slave of Jesus Christ would make some sad. So God put things in order, even in Heaven, There is the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, I guess the Son could puff up and say it should be the Son, the father and the Holy ghost or I guess the Holy Ghost could puff up and say it should be the Holy ghost the father and the Son, but then we wouldn't have one God, we would have 3 beings trying to be God. I shutter at just the thought that things would get out of the order that God has placed in heaven or as He would have them be. Thy will be done in earth as it is in heaven, I wonder how it would be if man would raise himself out of the order and put himself over Christ as some women has done and raised themselves over man.

1 Cor 11:1-3

11 Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.

2 Now I praise you, brethren, that ye remember me in all things, and keep the ordinances, as I delivered them to you.

3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

KJV

I praise God that some women have fought off the temptation of pride, and say I am content to be in line with scriptures. the qualifications of a Bishop/pastor/overseer is to be the Husband, and not given to wine. so if one woman is qualified to pastor then all the drunks that want to be pastors should have their shot and drink it also and preach on, as women want their cake and to eat it also. for is not what we do when we say, Lord I will submit to you and your Word but only to the parts that I agree with. then Preach to their flocks to live according to scriptures.

I praise God that some men have fought off the temptation of pride, and say I am content to be in line with scriptures.

One of the marks of a humble man: they listen to their wives. 

As Christ loves the church: what if He never listened to any of us, male or female?

Think about it.  Just because a woman is saying something doesn't automatically mean it's wrong, and just because a man says something doesn't mean it's right.

Praise God - He's always right, and He listens to us anyway!

Since you addressed this to my post can you show me where I ever said that when a women says something that she is wrong????

male or female mentioned in scripture is speaking of salvation, to make that say anything else is adding to scripture and taking that scripture out of content. Hath God said you can eat of any tree???? hath God said that a woman can pastor or have authority over man ????????

Gal 3:26-29

26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

KJV

How is that a contradiction?  I said men and women have different roles. 

My pastor's wife didn't have authority over us.  She didn't preach from the bible.  She shared with us an article she found about being ornaments of God around Christmas time.  It was a nice thing.  It was a joint thing with her husband, our pastor.

did you not read the whole scripture, Her role is not to teach man :

12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man,

I am just basing what I say on what you said She lead the teaching, now you are changing your story you didn't say they lead the teaching but she led our teaching!!!!

his wife led our teaching.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

As Christ loves the church: what if He never listened to any of us, male or female?

Think about it.  Just because a woman is saying something doesn't automatically mean it's wrong, and just because a man says something doesn't mean it's right.

Praise God - He's always right, and He listens to us anyway!

Since you addressed this to my post can you show me where I ever said that when a women says something that she is wrong????

male or female mentioned in scripture is speaking of salvation, to make that say anything else is adding to scripture and taking that scripture out of content. Hath God said you can eat of any tree???? hath God said that a woman can pastor or have authority over man ????????

Gal 3:26-29

26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

KJV

Now I am cross.

This is exactly what you have seemed to imply all throughout this discussion.  Now you choose a portion of scripture which has been quoted many times in this thread, including by me, which shows that we are in fact equal in the eyes of God - which are the only eyes that matter!

Let me ask you: did your mother teach you anything growing up?  What about now, would you let her teach you anything?  What about taking a class now, and the teacher happens to be a woman, would you walk out or challenge her?  What if your wife is more spiritually discerning than you and she shares some glorious revelation from the Word with you in sheer excitement?  Would you silence her?

Miriam , Deborah, Ruth, Abigail, Huldah, Esther, Mary, Anna, Druscilla, Priscilla, Lydia: what would they think reading through this thread? Would you accept what would have to say if they did choose to join it? 

I am not against men and women being in right relationship with one another; I am against people taking the Word of God out of context, and in such a hurtful way too. 

You know that Jesus tells us to hate our mothers and fathers more than Him.  Shall I now set my heart on hating my parents?  How dare I twist scripture to my own ends to satisfy whatever end and cause much conflict with God himself, as well as my poor parents!

What if a royal Queen from some other country came to your country and you were honoured enough to be invited to have an audience with her?  Would you put her in in her place?  What if she put you in yours?  How would you feel?  Would you try to appeal to the King, if such a figure were present?

Unequal means less than, it does not mean 'different'.  I started this thread not considered less than by God and regardless of anyone's opinion that is how I shall stay.  That is not pride; actually in proper context  that is knowing who I am in Christ.  Just in case you were wondering.

I know that this has been a harsh post, and has been just as harsh as some of the other responses, but I am just rattled by this condescending, patronizing attitude that women must know their place.  Yes, it has got to me.  I am not a feminist, nor a humanist, but I desire fairness like anyone else. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

I beg to differ with you.What about all the women in the bible? Estersundayhver men. Anna was a prophet,Lydia led a group of women in prayer by the river but went on to work side by side with Paul to help build (witness and speak) the phillipian church. Priscilla aslo worked along side of Paul and her husband.Jesus loves women and was even ministered to and supported by women. The first missionary ever sent was Mary at the tomb ofJesus appeared to her and told her to go tell the others. Iam praying for anyone out there who believes women have no place in ministry. If it Were not for women tere would be no church. Just look around every sunday.Just because Paul ccorrected some women who were talking in the church over some men. (They had come together for the first time women and men worshiping together) is taken greatly out of context and while we all need correction at times it does not make us any less than a child of God. God loves us all men and women.What about areas in which men can't mi ister

Preach it sister.