hmbld

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,115
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

If God can make a deer, he can surely make a deer skin......    the Bible doesn't say that anything died to make their clothes......   should we assume that it did?

Yes...yes we should

Each to his/her own I guess.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,029
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/23/1982

If God can make a deer, he can surely make a deer skin......    the Bible doesn't say that anything died to make their clothes......   should we assume that it did?

Yes...yes we should

Each to his/her own I guess.

I'm sorry Otherone.  I was in a rush trying to type I didn't get to insert my smiley face...it was a joke that may not have been so obvious.  I just wanted to add that it doesn't NOT say that anything died... :mgcheerful:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  0

Both Cain and Abel brought an offering to the Lord from the things they had.  It happens that Cain was a tiller of the ground so he brought and gave the Lord in his offering some of the fruits of his crops.  Abel happened to be a keeper of sheep so he brought and gave to the Lord in his offering a lamb that was a firstborn from his sheep.  Along with it Abel also brought the fat of the lamb and offered it up to God as well.  Both brought an offering from the things that they had yet Cain's was rejected and Abel's offering God accepted it. 

So your saying that if Cain had been a keeper of sheep, and offered a lamb, it still would have been rejected and it is because of his heart?

I am thinking that Abel's offering of a lamb really ties into the foreshadowing of Christ, and it really does not matter who offered what as Cain showed no repentance.  I guess i really started thinking when reading this passage, that on the very day Cain and Able made their offerings, was Cain ignorant beforehand that his would be rejected?  Again, he did not repent, so . . .

And while reading about this passage, i came across this,

"We must come to grips with one thing: God, as Creator, is sovereign over His creation. While there are proximate reasons foter God’s decrees, what ultimately makes “right” right and “wrong” wrong? God’s sovereign choice. This does not mean God is capricious or arbitrary; God is alwaysreasonable because He is the creator of reason."

Yes I do believe that if Cain was a keeper of sheep and had brought a firstborn lamb from his flock and gave it's fat to the Lord that God would not have accepted it.   

These are the words of King David found in.......

Psalms 51:16-19 - For thou desirest not sacrifice; else would I give it: thou delightest not in burnt offerings.  The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou will not despise.  Do good in thy good pleasure unto Zion:  build thou the walls of Jerusalem.  Then shalt thou be pleased with the sacrifices of righteousness, with burnt offerings and whole burnt offering:  then shall they offer bullocks upon thine altar.

I do believe as gemoss had brought out in his post that Abel was a prophet of God.  And Abel being a prophet of God he had foreknowledge of things to come as.  I do believe Abel spoke and ministered to others in his time about Old covenant that was to come as God was going to send a deliverer (Moses who was a type and shadow of Christ)   I get this belief from the scriptures found in......

Hebrews 12:22-24 - But ye are come unto mount Zion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerabe company of angels.  To the general assembly and church of the firstborn which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all and to the spirits of just men made perfect.  And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.

So I do believe Abel preached about the Old Covenant that was to come as this scripture shows.  It shows the New Covenant was better that the things Abel spoke about.  Because the blood of the bulls and goats and all the sacrifices couldn't take the guilt of sin away except for once a year.  But the sprinkling of Christ blood and the New Covenant is better than that which Abel spoke about in his time.  Only the blood of Christ can take the guilt of sin away (see Hebrews chapters 9 & 10)