• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  144
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,512
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  10/07/1979

quote Enoch2021:  "The problem as I see it is..... a lack of differentiating between:  "Scientific Claims" and Claims that Scientists make."

Bingo.  The hubris demonstrated by these observers of the created world, blinds them from the Creator.

Scientists have commited their lives to studying the created world.  That's fine, it's a nice hobby, and sometimes those observations have been good, and sometimes they have been destructive.

I'm not saying there's no value in what they are doing, but what they are doing is meaningless if they only rely on their observations to tell them what does and does not exist.

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,396
  • Content Per Day:  0.90
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  12/26/1963

quote Enoch2021:  "The problem as I see it is..... a lack of differentiating between:  "Scientific Claims" and Claims that Scientists make."

Bingo.  The hubris demonstrated by these observers of the created world, blinds them from the Creator.

Scientists have commited their lives to studying the created world.  That's fine, it's a nice hobby, and sometimes those observations have been good, and sometimes they have been destructive.

I'm not saying there's no value in what they are doing, but what they are doing is meaningless if they only rely on their observations to tell them what does and does not exist.

We are of One Accord Sir!! :thumbsup:

That doesn't surprise me...since you (are/were?) Military.  I just retired a few years ago after 20 some years  :guns:

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  144
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,512
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  10/07/1979

Still serving, though there will be 18000 fewer of us in the Air Force by 2016.  The cuts to the military and its budget have been brutal, much worse than anything this country has ever faced.

I could say that PBHO is hostile to the military and it wouldn't be an exaggeration.

Still serving, though there will be 18000 fewer of us in the Air Force by 2016.  The cuts to the military and its budget have been brutal, much worse than anything this country has ever faced.

I could say that PBHO is hostile to the military and it wouldn't be an exaggeration.

Yes, I just heard about that.

I went through something similar in 91' (my 2nd departure from the Military :) ...I came back off of leave suitcase in my hand and the 1SG said, if you wanna get out head over to the Personnel Office......All you seen was elbows and knees and a very lonely suitcase LOL )  They always screw it up....in a few years, there will be a mad dash to enlist more :huh:

Best wishes to you

Praise The LORD!!

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

Enjoyed reading the great male bonding here fellows. We needed the break. I thank both of you gentlemen and anyone else on WCF who have served in the armed forces. Thanks for all you have done and or are still doing.

Enjoyed reading the great male bonding here fellows. We needed the break. I thank both of you gentlemen and anyone else on WCF who have served in the armed forces. Thanks for all you have done and or are still doing.

You are welcome sir

Ok,

I just spent the last 12 hours researching this "Light" thing....I have alot of spare time and I have a severe case of (Type A) and other issues LOL (of which I'm sure, I will get TOTAL AGREEMENT on: types, cause and severity).

Here's what I got.....

Been through (just a glimpse): one way- velocity of light, conventionality of simultaneity,  Special Relativity in relation to the previous two, calculated time vs observed time, Isotropic vs Anisotropic, Euclidean Distance and Riemannian Distance (curved Space)

I'm done with it!!  I feel like hitting something!!

So I said, there has to be an obvious answer....Let this be a lesson for ya:

(Genesis 1:14-15) "And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:  And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so."

"And it was So"....it wasn't so 2,10,15,100,2000, or 14 Billion Years.  It was Instantaneous!!  How do I know, Because GOD SAID SO!!  And HE was There!!!

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,033
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  2

Except that God didn't make the stars on "day" 3, He made visible what was already in existence.  The word that is translated as "made" or "created" is not the same word used in earlier verses. This word means to "accomplish, bestow, or bring to completion".

Edited by LookingForAnswers

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  1,363
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  5

Been through (just a glimpse): one way- velocity of light, conventionality of simultaneity,  Special Relativity in relation to the previous two, calculated time vs observed time, Isotropic vs Anisotropic, Euclidean Distance and Riemannian Distance (curved Space)

Hmmm... don't stop now man.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.12
  • Days Won:  78

Well, this is interesting.

I especially enjoyed the difficulty these "Scientists" had with publishing they're research..... :mgdetective:

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=39733

The problem with posting things like this -

The article is full of manipulative speech in support of this man and his efforts.

When one searches for either affirmation or confirmation on this, one finds rebuttals that are likewise filled with manipulative speech against the man and his efforts.

Of course, unless one has a better handle on what these people are talking about, one has a hard time discerning which angle is the most accurate.

So unless someone here is able and willing to run through the number crunches themselves (surely there must be a way to find what he published which would have the data presented for one to run through the numbers with?), one needs to be careful about jumping on any bandwagons just because it sounds to the lay person like it supports what they pre-believe to be true.

I've been through enough of these debates with critical thinkers to get too exited too fast over something that seems to shatter the mainstream.

"The article is full of manipulative speech in support of this man and his efforts"

Manipulative Speech?  How so?  @ least there's actual Tests and Data from actual measurements!!  LOL  It also explains Red Shift and other phenomenon

However; As I noted in a previous post, his extrapolations from that data...cannot be verified, so it's Speculation.  Just like every other "Theory" out there, because again....You can't do experiments on the past. It's UNTESTABLE! 

And I'm not Jumping on any BandWagon..... unless it's the LORD'S Bandwagon :)

That's the very best bandwagon to be on......we can wave at all the 'scientists' as we go by.  :mgbowtie: