IGNORED

Who believes the Rapture will happen this year?

doug_kd

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

God has given us 120 years. Israel became a state according to the United nations in 1948. 1948 plus 120 is 2068.

Mark 13:20

20 And except that the Lord had shortened those days, no flesh should be saved: but for the elect's sake, whom he hath chosen, he hath shortened the days.
I think it will be before 2068 maybe tomorrow.
and this thinking could be way off the mark.

Or 1967, rather than 1948 if you ignore the UN view.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.14
  • Days Won:  78

I wonder if it will happen in our life time? It seems like humanity could not get any worse and so some people believe it will be soon. But maybe God foresees us being in greater need in the future and so is waiting for precisely the right time.

But who (on earth) knows?

The rapture is a false teaching the saints will be taken up after the tribulation not before 

And your source is.....? 

I knew when I saw the title of this thread that something like this was going to happen. I thought to myself 'oh-ohh, I wonder how long we'll have to wait before a post-tribber comes along and starts another rapture war'.

:swordfightsmiles:

pre!                     no, post!

All I can say is that if you're gonna start a thread called "Who believes the rapture will happen this year" then you're kind of asking for it!   :mgcheerful:

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.92
  • Days Won:  226

I knew when I saw the title of this thread that something like this was going to happen. I thought to myself 'oh-ohh, I wonder how long we'll have to wait before a post-tribber comes along and starts another rapture war'.

All I can say is that if you're gonna start a thread called "Who believes the rapture will happen this year" then you're kind of asking for it!   :mgcheerful:

If everyone just respected each others end time views that would not happen.Everyone has to right to interpret the end times as they wish.No one should ever belittle another on a Christian website regarding their view.

If everyone just respected each others end time views that would not happen.Everyone has to right to interpret the end times as they wish.No one should ever belittle another on a Christian website regarding their view.

I know. I agree. As a rapture 'Switzerlander', I always find the rapture wars quite amusing, but I imagine that it can be frustrating for everyone else.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.92
  • Days Won:  226

I know. I agree. As a rapture 'Switzerlander', I always find the rapture wars quite amusing, but I imagine that it can be frustrating for everyone else.

I do not like the nasty debates.Sometimes they get heated and people get angry and very inappropriate.Why not just admit everyone has their own views and let it go  :noidea:

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  49
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

If Jesus doesn't even know, I'm not gonna know

At this point Jesus knows

Where does it say in the Bible that he knows??

“But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. Take heed, watch and pray; for you do not know when the time is." Mark 13:32-33

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

God has given us 120 years. Israel became a state according to the United nations in 1948. 1948 plus 120 is 2068.

Mark 13:20

20 And except that the Lord had shortened those days, no flesh should be saved: but for the elect's sake, whom he hath chosen, he hath shortened the days.
I think it will be before 2068 maybe tomorrow.
and this thinking could be way off the mark.

Or 1967, rather than 1948 if you ignore the UN view.

even if you ignore the UN view; i do not think this world will make it to 2068 (54 years from now)

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  49
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

So should we interpret the Bible as we see fit regardless of the evidence, history, and culture when it was written?? Just asking a general question, not just the end times. I got my personal view on it based on the studies I've been a part of and theories.

Edited by Adsy86

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  144
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,512
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  10/07/1979

It will happen this year, or next, or the year after, or the year after that, etc.  It will happen when it's supposed to, maybe all of us here will still be alive when that happens, but I know the world isn't getting any better right now.  The greatest, freest and most just nation the world has ever seen is being destroyed from within.  Is it to make room for the antichrist and Lucifer's plans?

Torture, rape, barbarism, cannibalism, tyranny, terror, lawlessness, murder, all are happening everywhere, there's no end to the bloodshed.  Matricide, Patricide, Fratricide, Genocide, etc.

We have torture and drug/human trafficking, and lawlessness in South America, North America, and Europe, torture, genocide, tyranny in the ME, starvation and genocide in Africa, tyranny in Asia, the only continent that seems relatively tame is Australia.

Where is there peace?  Wherever man's footsteps touch the earth, despair and evil takes root.

If we are nothing but animals as the darwinists believe, why keep up the farce of a zoo, where the predators are locked away from the prey, open the cages, let the animals roam free.  Why pretend society means anything?  No one wants to live in peace.  People want to kill, and take from each other, people want to hate for superficial and meaningless reasons.

What bastion of love and peace exists here?  It existed for a time, yet people who believe themselves wiser than human nature continue to ignore our evil nature and set to put wicked, and very flawed people in authority over them.  Yet, even when the Prince of Peace was here, the world didn't have room for Him, the world's answer was to torture and kill Him.  The world doesn't want peace and we are deluded if we believe it can ever exist by our hands.

I believe the time is close at hand, there's too much evil in the world, it doesn't have enough room for us.