IGNORED

Do You think Persecution is Coming to North America?

gfellowships

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

While the timing of all that is questionable,  I've always been a little leery about putting death and destruction at the hand of God.

I hear you, and it can see your reticence, but when I read the Old Testament, I don't know........

I see Lots of death that God brings about, wouldn't you agree?

As for the book, Eye for an Eye, I couldn't say one way or another if God is behind some catastrophes or not. He is God and for some reason, he has chosen not to consult me when he does intervene or doesn't intervene in the affairs of me.

Very sobering stuff out of my pay scale I'm afraid,

Spock quietly leaving

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,106
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

While the timing of all that is questionable,  I've always been a little leery about putting death and destruction at the hand of God.

I hear you, and it can see your reticence, but when I read the Old Testament, I don't know........

As for the book, Eye for an Eye, I couldn't say one way or another if God is behind some catastrophes or not. He is God and for some reason, he has chosen not to consult me when he does intervene or doesn't intervene in the affairs of me.

Spock quietly leaving

we know God's capable of that.....   but did he really destroy that much coastline including a lot of good Christian people's stuff because of what three or four politicians are doing.   and if this was just a natural disaster as I expect what will He think about us putting it on Him.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  358
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

scriptures says all nations will war against, Jerusalem. look at where USA is at, our land is filled with blood, spilled through abortion, homosexuality is accepted as a lifestyle, and Why is God still blessing us, For I will bless those that bless Israel, and curse those that curse them. Turn from Israel, and we will be like a third world country. But As Jesus said, take no thoughts if these things happen, for they Have to happen before He comes back. we won't be with Israel in the last battle as Hollywood shows in the movies.

Zech 14:1-3

14 Behold, the day of the Lord cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.

2 For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.

3 Then shall the Lord go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle.

KJV

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  450
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

parts of persecution - could be from the LGBT groups and their backups -  against diehard believing Christians 

Edited by Bible_Gazer

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

History has shown that persecution appears in progressively worsening stages. It doesn't just happen overnight. First there is indifference towards the victims or a lessening of respect for them. Next there is mockery. Then comes minor persecutions or discrimination. Finally, the persecution becomes only too real.

Christians are already in the second or third stages in the U.S.A and many Western countries. In other parts of the World Christians are in the final stage.

Look at it this way. At one time Christianity was respected in the West, even by Atheists. Pastors were respected. Catholic priests were respected and church leaders were respected. The nations were proud to serve God. The Lord's prayer existed in schools.

The first stage was the indifference stage. People no longer showed respect to God or the church, but there was only abandonment, no persecution, no mockery, just a neutral attitude.

Now there is mockery, some scapegoating and cases of discrimination especially when the homosexual lobby is involved.

It's only a matter of time before the final stage occurs. How long will this take? Two years, five years, another generation.....?

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

Spock quietly leaving

we know God's capable of that.....   but did he really destroy that much coastline including a lot of good Christian people's stuff because of what three or four politicians are doing.   and if this was just a natural disaster as I expect what will He think about us putting it on Him.

Like I said, I don't know about those secret things. It doesn't sound like a God thing to me for reasons you stated, but I couldn't be dogmatic. It is mere speculation.