• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  164
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/28/1967

The Word tells us there is no power but that of GOD.

and you could have no power over me except it be given you from God

Col. 1v16, 17 ALL......

God bless you

Guest Wrierhans

The more I analyze and think about the bible the more I seem to find one scripture not pair with another. Here is a new problem I found when pairing up scripture today.

In this verse you will see that jesus says that satan does not cast out satan because he would be working against himself and if he did his kingdom would not stand.

(Matthew 12:26

New International Version (NIV)

26 If Satan drives out Satan, he is divided against himself. How then can his kingdom stand?)

We know jesus said this because some people were saying he casts out demons by satan.

When I read that verse what I understand is that satan does not cast out himself or he would limit his power and his kingdom would fall.

But then theres always some other verse that seems to contradict the current one. This is also what jesus said.

(Matthew 7 v 21

21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven,but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ 23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’)

Here we see jesus saying there will be people who drove out satan in his name who were not gods people and will be rejected by christ on judgment day. As far as I understand the doctrines of the bible you are either a believer or a non believer and if a non believer or false believer peforms a miracles then their power to peform it comes from satan not god.

However in matthew 12 v 26 jesus clearly says satan wouldnt drive out himself because his kingdom would not stand but he claims the opposite when in matthew 7 v 22 he states that false believers have cast out demons. (and by what power?)

So for now I will leave it up to the forum to correct my thinking if in fact I am seeing these verses wrong.

You have a very good question. There seems to be a direct contradiction between the verses, no doubt. On the surface. Does the purely speaking the name of Jesus Christ cast out demons even if the person does not believe? I would say no. A name is just a name. What gives that name power is the physical behind the name, i.e. Jesus our Lord and Saviour. For if simply speaking the name of Christ held so much power than would we all not have done miracles? More than a fair share of non-believers us the name of Jesus Christ to curse and profane. 

How do we know that those who say they cast out demons in verse 22 actually cast out demons? We don't. That is exactly what Christ is saying. THOSE individuals are saying that they cast out demons in Jesus' Name and He, the owner of the name, is saying, "yeah I don't know whose name you were using but it wasn't mine." Jesus would know if some one used his authority, his divinity to cast out demons. 

Mark 5:21 -34 is the story of the lady who simply touches Jesus' robes and is healed. In verse 27 it says she touched his robe and was healed. Then in verse 30 Jesus asks, "Who touched My garment." Christ was being touched by dozens of people's wandering hands and arms and legs. But He felt the connection, the power of His divinity heal the woman. 

My point is that if Christ had cast out the demons than He would have known it. Those men in verse 22 of Matthew 7 were duped by Lucifer. The demons were probably still existent over the individual but Satan, as having authority over the fallen, saw an opportunity to steer people away from the actual followers of Christ.

In conclusion Satan does not actual cast himself out. That would be bad for business. Only those who have a direct relationship with Christ, using His authority through His name, can cast out demons. No contradiction.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  559
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/01/1962

The more I analyze and think about the bible the more I seem to find one scripture not pair with another. Here is a new problem I found when pairing up scripture today.

In this verse you will see that jesus says that satan does not cast out satan because he would be working against himself and if he did his kingdom would not stand.

(Matthew 12:26

26 If Satan drives out Satan, he is divided against himself. How then can his kingdom stand?)

We know jesus said this because some people were saying he casts out demons by satan.

When I read that verse what I understand is that satan does not cast out himself or he would limit his power and his kingdom would fall.

But then theres always some other verse that seems to contradict the current one. This is also what jesus said.

(Matthew 7 v 21

21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven,but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ 23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’)

Here we see jesus saying there will be people who drove out satan in his name who were not gods people and will be rejected by christ on judgment day. As far as I understand the doctrines of the bible you are either a believer or a non believer and if a non believer or false believer peforms a miracles then their power to peform it comes from satan not god.

However in matthew 12 v 26 jesus clearly says satan wouldnt drive out himself because his kingdom would not stand but he claims the opposite when in matthew 7 v 22 he states that false believers have cast out demons. (and by what power?)

So for now I will leave it up to the forum to correct my thinking if in fact I am seeing these verses wrong.

In my name, means with His authority. What He is saying in Mat 7 is that there will be Christians who have His authority (they're Christians) yet because of the way they've live (not keeping His commands, sin) they will not enter into the kingdom.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  246
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/09/1974

You've made an err.

There is no contradiction.

Jesus clearly said that they cast out demons in HIS (Jesus') name. 

That isn't Satan casting our Satan.

That is people using the Name of Jesus to cast out demons.

Just because Jesus says, "I never knew you" doesn't mean they were invoking demonic spirits.  LOL  That isn't what the Bible is saying at all.

FOR MY NAMES SAKE

That is what so many don't understand.  God allows these things to happen in His name for HIS names sake, and for the Salvation of the witnesses.  But the person speaking ... well ... we see how they end.

Furthermore, Scriptures also clearly show that "the gifts of the Lord are WITHOUT repentance"

People receive a gift, backslide, but God doesn't take them back.

My folks taught me as a kid that when someone gives me something, it is no longer theirs, but MINE.  God, apparently, feels the same.  So they did miracles and cast out demons?  Big deal.  This is why people should NOT run after miracles, for even the antichrist will work "lying wonders" and convince them of a lie.

Acts and gifts are NOT the important things.  The FRUITS of the Spirit are the tell tale.

So, I believe you are incorrect.  There is no "contradiction" in this.  Satan was NOT casting out himself.  People use the name of JESUS to cast out Satan ... is what the text is saying. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  358
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

I think the title of this thread is the problem "Another contradiction" where is the first contradiction ?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

Luke 8:10 comes to mind.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  358
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

Luke 8:

10 And he said, Unto you it is given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God: but to others in parables; that seeing they might not see, and hearing they might not understand.

KJV

what about Luke 8:10?

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  649
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  3

Luke 8:

10 And he said, Unto you it is given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God: but to others in parables; that seeing they might not see, and hearing they might not understand.

KJV

what about Luke 8:10?

Well what about Luke 8:10.  Quote your verse & make your argument or state your conundrum. Por favor.