AMD2093

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  18
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

A LOT of Christians say the big bang is *** edited to change the phrase the author chose to "not true" ***  but Why cant God have created it? Maybe when God created Earth in the 6 days, it appeared as the Big bang...  the big bang has yet to be disproved,

The Big Bang has yet to be proven.

so has God... whats your point? 

the "Big bang theory" is a theory. a theory is something that is yet to be disproved. the "big bang" is no more proved than God, and God is no more disproved than the big bang. 

=================================================================================================================

I beg to differ sir,

Here check this on the Science and Faith Forum:

i obviously mean SCIENTIFIC proof. Sure, we say "Everything exists, we have the Bible, so there must be a god" but that is not SCIENTIFIC proof. God has NOT been scientifically proven OR disproved. just like the big bang.

Did you read the link?

but that is not SCIENTIFIC proof.

This statement is Nonsensical.  You can't Scientifically Prove a Past Event...it doesn't fit into the Scientific Method

yes i did read it. it was not scientific proof of iether God OR the big bang, and therefore did not even make sense as an argument so i dismissed it. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,396
  • Content Per Day:  0.90
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  12/26/1963

-_- thats the point. 

Scientific Evidence isn't the only technique employed to arrive @ Truth.  You have Intellect (Logic, Inductive and Deductive Reasoning, Critical Thinking Skills, and good ole fashion Common Sense).  Combined with Sound Scientific Principles..... is a pretty powerful combination.

A LOT of Christians say the big bang is *** edited to change the phrase the author chose to "not true" ***  but Why cant God have created it? Maybe when God created Earth in the 6 days, it appeared as the Big bang...  the big bang has yet to be disproved,

The Big Bang has yet to be proven.

the "Big bang theory" is a theory. a theory is something that is yet to be disproved. the "big bang" is no more proved than God, and God is no more disproved than the big bang. 

=================================================================================================================

I beg to differ sir,

Here check this on the Science and Faith Forum:

i obviously mean SCIENTIFIC proof. Sure, we say "Everything exists, we have the Bible, so there must be a god" but that is not SCIENTIFIC proof. God has NOT been scientifically proven OR disproved. just like the big bang.

Did you read the link?

but that is not SCIENTIFIC proof.

This statement is Nonsensical.  You can't Scientifically Prove a Past Event...it doesn't fit into the Scientific Method

yes i did read it. it was not scientific proof of iether God OR the big bang, and therefore did not even make sense as an argument so i dismissed it. 

and therefore did not even make sense as an argument so i dismissed it.

This is just a Generalized Baseless Assertion.

What Specifically?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

I believe that the big bang theory tv show is funny, altho not always appropriate.

i think you need to reread my *whole* post. 

I know what you wrote. I chose to respond this way.

-_- thats the point. 

So since we identified that it is impossible to "Scientifically Prove" a Past Event....

Is there Absolute Truth?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,146
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/10/1950

If there was a big bang......then just before it took place there was no Space, Time or Matter.  So at the instant of the big bang.....No Space, so where did it go?  No Time, so when did it happen.  No matter, so what exactly big banged anyway?   I Trust The Bible, God created everything in 6 days and rested on the seventh.  Only God can create space, time and matter. Not science.   :mgbowtie:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

-_- thats the point. 

So since we identified that it is impossible to "Scientifically Prove" a Past Event....

Is there Absolute Truth?

Yes. The Lord is absolute truth.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

Isn't the Big Bang Theory by itself just the idea that the Universe had a rapid, explosive beginning?

Don't we as Christians believe this? ("In the beginning, God created..." BANG "the heavens and the earth")  Makes sense to me!

Evolutionists twist this to fit their theory, but I am pretty sure they weren't happy with the BBT originally, because they believed the universe was infinite/eternal.

Well thank you and I can see that we share some common interests...from your little column on the right there...whoops the other right one on the left there

Theology....Sci-Fi....Art.....really like Japanese gardens and their approach to balance  (not for any religious reasons tho)...Astronomy.....certain books...I used to read alot more....worship music

but no slight addiction to computer games..and you agree with my post

could be we might see things somewhat the same, what?   :brightidea:

I have not even stated I believe in the Big Bang theory, but I think the post you quoted here definately shows I believe God created everything and that I worship Him as Creator...

I think that at certain times, what people ask us to line up with the word, actually translates to being asked to line up our thoughts with how they perceive what is often debated

I am actually pretty conservative in my approach to scripture but there are a few things that I am not agreeing with and this is one of those things

=================================================================================================

I think that at certain times, what people ask us to line up with the word, actually translates to being asked to line up our thoughts with how they perceive what is often debated

Don't take this personally Sevenseas but this is what I Observe Generally on these forums:

People make claims or assertions without Support (Scriptural, Scientific, et al).  Then when those claims get challenged and asked to support said assertions...if there isn't anything to offer, it heads down this road:

"Last Port In The Storm" Scenario that takes place each and every time on each and every board.

1.  It's Harmful to the Body of Christ.

2.  Muddies the Water or Quibbles Relentlessly.

3.  Overt or Implied Insults.

4.  Conjures various ill conceived Slights.

Rinse Repeat Rinse Repeat

Just my take

you are basically doing what you have written above...I have no quarrel with you as I have not even assented to belief in the op of this thread

you don't listen very well IMO

I don't believe in evolution and I have never said anything about believing in the Big Bang...I'm not of a firm opinion on anything other than that I believe God created everything

However, it is my observation that a critical spirit can pretty quickly turn a conversation or even a disagreement into something ugly by insisting that others are wrong

even and perhaps especially, when the other person ignores them.

That's what I'm doing because you don't have a clue what I believe.  God knows my heart...you do not.

Please feel free to continue punching the air, but I'm done trying to make you understand that you have not got a grip on what I think or believe

without prejudice other than it is a waste of my time and it irks me when someone just goes on and on and on even though it is not justified.

this is a forum...not the judgement seat...people are discussing things...we do not all agree...that is something you should be used to by now if you have so much experience

this is not a salvation issue...it is actually an issue that is debated all over the internet.  you cannot force YOUR viewpoint on anyone irregardless of your seeming low opinion of them

Don't take this personally Sevenseas but this is what I Observe Generally on these forums:

People make claims or assertions without Support (Scriptural, Scientific, et al).  Then when those claims get challenged and asked to support said assertions...if there isn't anything to offer, it heads down this road:

"Last Port In The Storm" Scenario that takes place each and every time on each and every board.

1.  It's Harmful to the Body of Christ.

2.  Muddies the Water or Quibbles Relentlessly.

3.  Overt or Implied Insults.

4.  Conjures various ill conceived Slights.

Rinse Repeat Rinse Repeat

Just my take

you are basically doing what you have written above...I have no quarrel with you as I have not even assented to belief in the op of this thread

I don't believe in evolution and I have never said anything about believing in the Big Bang...I'm not of a firm opinion on anything other than that I believe God created everything

However, it is my observation that a critical spirit can pretty quickly turn a conversation or even a disagreement into something ugly by insisting that others are wrong

even and perhaps especially, when the other person ignores them.

That's what I'm doing because you don't have a clue what I believe.  God knows my heart...you do not.

Please feel free to continue punching the air, but I'm done trying to make you understand that you have not got a grip on what I think or believe

without prejudice other than it is a waste of my time and it irks me when someone just goes on and on and on even though it is not justified.

this is a forum...not the judgement seat...people are discussing things...we do not all agree...that is something you should be used to by now if you have so much experience

this is not a salvation issue...it is actually an issue that is debated all over the internet.  you cannot force YOUR viewpoint on anyone irregardless of your seeming low opinion of them

"I have never said anything about believing in the Big Bang"

Fair enough.  I thought you implied it with this................................"but why do people shut down when theories are brought up or questions asked?"

My mistake.    And the evolution topic wasn't directed @ you.

you are basically doing what you have written above

Baseless Assertion......Where?

Another Baseless Assertion......Where?

a critical spirit can pretty quickly turn a conversation or even a disagreement into something ugly by insisting that others are wrong

I didn't insist you were wrong I showed you exactly from this statement that you made ...... "We do know, and this is what we KNOW...God created...I am not going to pretend I  agree with those who think it was an actual 7 days...my husband believes that; I do not,"

and then SUPPORTED IT from Genesis and with this......(Exodus 20:11) "For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it."

That's what I'm doing because you don't have a clue what I believe.

I don't have a clue what you believe, eh? 

Well didn't you Type it?? ..........."We do know, and this is what we KNOW...God created...I am not going to pretend I  agree with those who think it was an actual 7 days...my husband believes that; I do not,"

STRAWMAN.  I wasn't judging you.  I was pointing out your error.  I am admonished to.....

(2 Timothy 4:2-4) "Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.  {3} For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;  {4} And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables."

(2 Timothy 3:16) "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:"

this is not a salvation issue.. is actually an issue that is debated all over the internet.  you cannot force YOUR viewpoint on anyone irregardless of your seeming low opinion of them

It's a GOD'S WORD ISSUE.  My viewpoint?  We're not trying to reach a Consensus on TRUTH.  What does GOD'S PLAIN WORD SAY...is the Question.  Now, there are places in the WORD (Prophecy et al) that it's not clear what is being portrayed and it is helpful for discussion

However, there are many places where it is CLEAR and this is one of them.....

(Exodus 20:11) "For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it."

Along with the Whole First Chapter of Genesis.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

I am not opposed to the idea that the universe came into existence due to an explosion.As a well known theologian once said "I just know who banged it".