• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

Blessings DRS

Oh my Brother,I do not believe that God uses these powerful forces to hurt ,harm or kill anyone................I believe that He does allow these things to happen but not that He causes them to

With love-in Christ,Kwik

You've been on fire recently Kwik. You're certainly burning with the Holy Spirit at the moment.

Guest DRS81

Blessihgs DRS...There are many more verses of Scripture to show us that God is in control of the weather but I just copied a few for you...Love Kwik

Thank you kwik and blessings.

So why does God control tornadoes to hit certain houses or mudslides to kill families,

or control ice storms just enough to make the roads icy and kill more people etc etc...

like all those horror stories on weather(dot)com.

What do you think?

Who knows why God allows it. It's frustrating to figure out however.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Blessihgs DRS...There are many more verses of Scripture to show us that God is in control of the weather but I just copied a few for you...Love Kwik

So why does God control tornadoes to hit certain houses or mudslides to kill families,

or control ice storms just enough to make the roads icy and kill more people etc etc...

What do you think?

Who knows why God allows it. It's frustrating to figure out however.

Yep, we will never understand it in it's entirety. Why does He allow anything "bad' to happen? 20% of my wife's country was recently wiped out by a cyclone. Millions are still homeless, and many will never fully recover. Why? We can't explain why, except to say in everything is God's purpose. We just cannot even to begin to fathom what His purpose is. 

So when we are affected by a natural disaster, and illness, an accident, it is natural for us to question why.

But we should never forget that He loves us. Which might sound weird but the scripture "Rom 8:28  And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose", is very pertinent, because the "good" is an eternal good.

Paul gets it when he says..

Rom 8:16  The Spirit himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, 
Rom 8:17  and if children, then heirs--heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, provided we suffer with him in order that we may also be glorified with him. 
Rom 8:18  For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us. 

For "not worth comparing" read, not worth questioning. The bible tells us all we need to know, it does not tell us what we want to know.

We blew that in the garden........

Guest DRS81

But we should never forget that He loves us. Which might sound weird but the scripture "Rom 8:28  And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose", is very pertinent, because the "good" is an eternal good.

Rom 8:16  The Spirit himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, 
Rom 8:17  and if children, then heirs--heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, provided we suffer with him in order that we may also be glorified with him. 
Rom 8:18  For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us. 

For "not worth comparing" read, not worth questioning. The bible tells us all we need to know, it does not tell us what we want to know.

But Rom 8:28 is speaking about believers.

What about a mother that is an unbeliever who loses her entire family in a mudslide. Did she deserve that?

Romans 8:18 is speaking about believers also,

so for example say the mother who lost her family commits suicide and doesn't reach salvation.

How do you compare that to his glory that was never revealed to her?

• Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

But Rom 8:28 is speaking about believers.

What about a mother that is an unbeliever who loses her entire family in a mudslide. Did she deserve that?

Romans 8:18 is speaking about believers also,

so for example say the mother who lost her family commits suicide and doesn't reach salvation.

How do you compare that to his glory that was never revealed to her?

You don't, because if you attempt to you are putting God in a box.

There are many scriptures that point toward his ways not being our ways.

My father died and atheist. Am I happy about that? Of course not! Do I question it? Not really.

I have learned to question things with no answer is futile.

But! If we follow His command we might be the one, who brings one, to the Lord. And that is what I concentrate on.

Let me ask you a question, since you love asking them?

What are you seeking in the answer to your #1 question? How would any answer, positive or negative in your mind, change your Faith in God?

Guest DRS81

You don't, because if you attempt to you are putting God in a box.

There are many scriptures that point toward his ways not being our ways.

My father died and atheist. Am I happy about that? Of course not! Do I question it? Not really.

I have learned to question things with no answer is futile.

But! If we follow His command we might be the one, who brings one, to the Lord. And that is what I concentrate on.

Good point Fez, I'll agree with that.

Let me ask you a question, since you love asking them?

What are you seeking in the answer to your #1 question? How would any answer, positive or negative in your mind, change your Faith in God?

It wouldn't change my faith in the least.

These questions are based on dumb curiosity and wondering.

My mom had told me a story the other day about a mother losing her whole family in a mudslide,

it made me sad and to question things. :(

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  113
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/30/1994

Matthew 24:7-8 Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places. All these are the beginning of birth pains.

Matthew chapter 24 talks about what will happen before the end of the world.

I would say that God uses weather to remind us of how huge he is. Whenever I am outside and see a lighting-bolt and hear thunder, it reminds me that God is much bigger than I am. If God wanted to strike me down he could. If God wanted me to have a plentiful harvest, he could shower my fields with rain. I also believe that God sometimes uses extreme weather to punish the wicked.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

Isa 5: 8

Woe unto them that join house to house, that lay field to field, till there be no place, that they may be placed alone in the midst of the earth!

Sounds like God new we would bunch up in apartments and cities like we do.

The mudslide thing is more of a human thing; Someone ( a county inspecter, engineer ) new it was not a place to build upon.

God did not invent those highways all over the place to collect Ice.

Psa 99:8

Thou answeredst them, O LORD our God: thou wast a God that forgavest them, though thou tookest vengeance of their inventions.

Ecc 7:29

Lo, this only have I found, that God hath made man upright; but they have sought out many inventions.

Psa 106:39

Thus were they defiled with their own works, and went a whoring with their own inventions.

Gen 11:6

And the LORD said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do.

many things brings upon himself. 

Ecclesiastes 1:7, "All the rivers run into the sea; yet the sea is not full; unto the place from whence the rivers come, thither they return again." How did the writer of Ecclesiastes know the water cycle of condensation and evaporation? The sun evaporates water from the ocean, water vapor rises and becomes clouds. This water in the clouds falls back to the earth as rain, collects in rivers, and makes its way back to the ocean. 

Ecclesiastes 1:6, "The wind goeth toward the south, and turneth about unto the north; it whirleth about continually, and the wind returneth again ACCORDING TO HIS CIRCUITS." How did the writer of Ecclesiastes know the wind traveled within circuits? How did he know something that the aerologists and meteorologists are just now discovering? THINK ABOUT IT! How can these men, with their limited knowledge thousands of years ago, be so far ahead of science?

Psalm 8:8, ". . . whatsoever passeth through the PATHS OF THE SEAS." After reading Psalm 8:8, Matthew Maury, a U.S. Naval officer, set out to locate these curious "paths in the seas." He discovered the oceans have paths which flow through them. He became known as the "pathfinder of the seas"

I believe God created the earth in a way that when certain variables come together there can be rain, sleet, or hurricane etc

And the he created the ocean streams( currents) and rivers and the sun plays apart.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.96
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

These questions are based on dumb curiosity and wondering.

My mom had told me a story the other day about a mother losing her whole family in a mudslide,

it made me sad and to question things. :(

Did God command the mudslide to occur and to take out the people that it did?

Or was the mudslide a result of natural occurrences and sadly certain individuals happened to be in the way?

This is one of those issues theologians have battled for centuries and will continue to do so.

Sometimes all we can do is ask the Lord what He wants us to know through these things and find your peace in His sovereign ways.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

God is in control of everything.God's Will Be Done.No matter what happens.