• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  588
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/12/1969

thanks all for your responses...I think I will always have a hard time with this. 

kwikphilly, the thought of a baby grabbing my finger always makes me smile.

we just got back from a visit to the grand kids    1 and 4    and your comment about grabbing fingers just makes me smile all over and inside

One of the best experiences ever :)

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  588
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Birthday:  11/12/1969

Are you serious? 

Yes.

He died for us

Ok, but what did He sacrifice? What did God sacrifice if Jesus is with God in heaven?  There are many humans who have suffered more and for longer than Christ did...is His sacrifice that He had to become one of His lowly creation?  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,106
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Are you serious? 

Yes.

He died for us

Ok, but what did He sacrifice? What did God sacrifice if Jesus is with God in heaven?  There are many humans who have suffered more and for longer than Christ did...is His sacrifice that He had to become one of His lowly creation?  

The main difference is that we deserve it for our sinful lives and he did not for he was not born under the curse of Adam and lived a sinless life...

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  246
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/09/1974

If He is, He did not rise again for us, if not, He did not die for us.  How do we explain this to non-Christians?

I don't know if it needs explaining.  Either they believe, or they do not believe.

If they believe, then the Spirit is working on them.

If they do not believe, well, who told us that WE have the power to give spritually blind men sight?  Salvation is of the LORD, not us.  Those who are spiritually blind are as blind as a real blind man.

Can you say to a blind man, "see this" and expect him to see it?  So, why do saints think that you can say to a spritually blind man "see this" and expect them to see it as you do.  They cannot.  And that is usually because their heart is against God anyway, and he Himself has set up that blindness, and will not remove it not matter how much effot you put in.  Don't believe me?  Stick around. I have 10 years of debates AND online forums.  I've typed til my fingers hurt, practically begged and pleaded and seen people hardly be moved, neither with fear nor with love nor with Truth.  It wasn't until now - lat year - that God showed me all about spiritual blindness and how it applies just as those who are physically blind.  

Blind means blind ... not "kinda hard of seeing."

Dead means dead ... not injured or sick.

Lost means lost ... not misguided or wayward.

Scriptures call them BLIND

Scriptures call them DEAD

Scriptures call them LOST

God is neither kidding nor playing games with the souls of men.  He commands that ALL repent.

Now, there is another flip to the coin.  If they ae seeking truth, and their hearts are ripe, simply tell them the truth.  Remember, you are not the authro of their salvation.  And often times it's not your word that leads men to repentance or knowledge of truth, but a SERIES of conversations, messages, broadcasts, and personal convictions.  You just plant, OR water, but it is the Spirit of God who causes it to grow.  And if they are being called, and convicted, He will cause it to grow.  So, simply tell the truth and they will find the rest themselves.

Interstingly enough, I'm now at the point that I'm the one who now says that I've asked for things like, 10 years ago, and only NOW is god actually answering a lot of those things.  ya'll reall need to stop thinking of God as a microwave when He is in fact, a slow simmer.

Daniel went in at a teenager, but he was about 85 years of age when cast into the lions den.  Did you know that?  Hard to tell by just reading the Scriptures that so much time  had passed.

It was about 13 years after Saul became Paul when he started to preach.  Can't really tell by casual reading of those Scriptures either.

So my point remains - tell the Truth and if their heart is right, the answers will come.  Sometimes quickly, sometimes very slowly.  Often times by the time you are answered, its not even important (though you enjoy the revelation of the Truth).

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,762
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Birthday:  02/24/1964

Alive and well...you ask me how I know He lives, He lives within my heart!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

Alive and well...you ask me how I know He lives, He lives within my heart!

I love that song.... He Lives!

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  589
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

Are you serious? 

Yes.

He died for us

That depends on what you mean by "suffered more and longer".  If you mean only quantitatively, well, crucifixion is no picnic as I understand, and physical pain is hard to measure; but even so, the real agony was not physical.  We do not know the psychological turmoil which engulfed Jesus when he cried "My God, My God, why have you forsaken me?"  To be (or feel) abandoned by God, not because you sinned, but when (and even because) you did every thing right! Nor do we know what His soul experienced during those couple days before He was raised; perhaps the agony was done, "Into Your Hands I commend My Spirit", or perhaps it had just begun.

As for your problem of proportion--what did God sacrifice (should we say lose?) if He got Jesus back? it seems you still are operating on the level that Jesus died in place of us.  In most English translations you will see the phrase "died for us" here and there.  But the Greek could easily be rendered "in our behalf" (that is, not in our stead, but with reference to us, or because of us) and this need not imply the propitiation theory.

clb

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

If He is, He did not rise again for us, if not, He did not die for us.  How do we explain this to non-Christians?

Incarnate yes. As God no.

Agreed.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,236
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/18/1970

Are you serious? 

Yes.

He died for us

That depends on what you mean by "suffered more and longer".  If you mean only quantitatively, well, crucifixion is no picnic as I understand, and physical pain is hard to measure; but even so, the real agony was not physical.  We do not know the psychological turmoil which engulfed Jesus when he cried "My God, My God, why have you forsaken me?"  To be (or feel) abandoned by God, not because you sinned, but when (and even because) you did every thing right! Nor do we know what His soul experienced during those couple days before He was raised; perhaps the agony was done, "Into Your Hands I commend My Spirit", or perhaps it had just begun.

As for your problem of proportion--what did God sacrifice (should we say lose?) if He got Jesus back? it seems you still are operating on the level that Jesus died in place of us.  In most English translations you will see the phrase "died for us" here and there.  But the Greek could easily be rendered "in our behalf" (that is, not in our stead, but with reference to us, or because of us) and this need not imply the propitiation theory.

clb

He was not crying out because he felt abandoned.....he was quoting Psalms 22 - which refers to the entire - crucifixion ......he cried out in John - "finished" - prophecy had been fulfilled.

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  1.00

I think this thread has ran it's course. Locked, I have also hidden a couple of comments that were uncalled for or questionable.