• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

My Bad because I didn't read the book nor see the film. I thought the Doc's lost his vital signs while he was in surgery. The boy is now 13, and I saw him and his father on the 700 Club twice. Maybe we'll never know what to call this. There have been several people on the 700 Club that had some kind of NDE and some saw angels, some saw Jesus, some saw both and Heaven. One was a woman stuck in a raft and she was underwater at least 7 minutes. Another was a boy walking on a hill of loose soil. He slipped and was buried. When they dug him up, he had sand in his nose and mouth. They said he was without oxygen at least 4 mins.

Since NDE's are Near Death events, and not full death events, I'll tell you all what I think. I can easily believe Jesus or angels came to their rescue. As for what they see in Heaven, I think they see what they believe s in Heaven. In this boy's case, he saw dogs, horses, even wild animals that were tame. He also saw everyone with wings. The one thing he said that all people who see heaven say is it's beautiful beyond words. Or the colors are beyond words. They all also say there is a feeling of love there unlike anything on Earth. He also said he didn't want to come back. In 1 of the interviews I saw, he said Jesus told him he had to come back for his father. I think if he had died, his father might have lost his faith, or at least had a crisis of faith that may have lasted decades.

I'm eager to see this movie. But I have to wait for the DVD. After I see it, I may have more to say.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,043
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

NDE's may just be forced astral projection also.    There are ways of having your spirit leave your body and cruise around seeing and hearing things...    It's my understanding that it's not a good thing to do and spiritually very unsafe.  I have people very close to me who have experienced this in the past before they became Christians.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  29
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Lots of good feedback, I just saw on my FB newsfeed that in addition to MacArthur, John Piper and several others are now denouncing the film. A few thoughts, the boy didn't say that everyone had wings, only that SOME angels did. It also was not a NDE, because none of his vital signs ever stopped.  Paul and John both had experiences of heaven that were also NOT NDEs.  I think some of the arguments from some of the ministries attacking this boy's account are silly at best.

For example:

1. Some claim that it cannot be real because a person CANNOT experience heaven before death:

really?, would it be too hard for God to do that if he wanted?

2. Another ministry attacked the film because it showed animals in heaven and they claimed that there were NO animals in heaven:

that's just ignorant, the Bible clearly says that Jesus has a horse in heaven, as do the rest of the armies of heaven.

3. Another ministry attacked the film because it showed people awake and aware in heaven, they claimed that people are still asleep:

soul sleep is a serious misunderstanding of what the Bible teaches.

4. Still another ministry denounced it as heresy because the boy's sister in heaven still had no given name: 

If Jesus wants to wait and allow the mother and father to name her, He can do so if He wants to. 

5. Another denounced it as false because the Bible says it is given to men to only die ONCE:

While it is generally true that people only die once, God can override general rules if He wants.

There are countless examples in the Bible were God overrides general rules. God is NOT limited by general guidelines.

6. Another claimed that the boy and his family were in on the deception only for the MONEY 

On a side thought, Lazarus died under the Old Covenant, prior to the resurrection. That's real different, but probably another thread.  

I find it sad that so many of the "book-learned" need to attack something simply because it is a more dramatic experience than they have ever had.  

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

1) Yes,God could allow someone to experience heaven before they die.Does the Bible and God tell us that this is possible?

2)The Bible does say that there will be animals in heaven.

3)People are conscious right now in heaven.They do not have their resurrected bodies as yet but they have a form so that they can recognize each other.You would know mom or dad or grandma.They are anxiously awaiting their resurrected bodies right now.

Soul sleep in not Biblical.When we die our souls go immediately to heaven or hell.

4)The boy's sister had no name?I don't know what to say about that.What does the Bible say about our names in heaven?

5)Yes,the Bible says that we only die once.God allowed Lazarus to die and Jesus brought him back to life for His Glory.Did Lazarus say in the Bible what kind of an experience he had since he was dead for three days?Now that would be quite a story.Maybe Jesus told him "no".

6)That fact that the book and the money is going to bring in alot of money put up red flags for me.Someone said that the money for the book is going to a Christian charity.All of it?I wonder if the boy is going to have a free ride through college?But God knows.

It is a fact that a person can have visions while under anesthesia and certain drugs.But was it real?

Only God knows their hearts and the real story.I sure hope it is the truth because if it is not I don't think I want to be at their judgment because they are teaching a lie.Isn't the dad a pastor?

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

lol, it's really funny to me that people who have never seen heaven are trying to say what is and isn't there. God created this whole earth filled with so much creativeness, so many different kinds of animals. Heaven is going to be so much more glorious than anything we've seen here. :)

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

Amen Joshua-777. 

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

lol, it's really funny to me that people who have never seen heaven are trying to say what is and isn't there. God created this whole earth filled with so much creativeness, so many different kinds of animals. Heaven is going to be so much more glorious than anything we've seen here.  :)

Yes,Joshua heaven is going to be beyond our wildest dreams.We just can not imagine in our human minds what it will truly be like.I am sure there will be many,many surprises.When Jesus said "I go to make a place for you" or there are many mansions in heaven their are alot of opinions on that as well.We don't know and we will not until we get there.I have thought about heaven alot.Some of the sounds,colors,tastes and smells we have never experienced before.Our bodies will be resurrected bodies.Able to get from one place to another in lightning speed.Able to explore the universe.The fact that we will govern the nation with Christ.It gives us hope and a thanksgiving that we are Christians and that Jesus died on the cross for us so that we can live with Him for an eternity.An eternity never ends.When you think of how long that is it boggles the mind.