• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

I don't believe in OSAS, and just because you can come up with an explanation to show a verse doesn't mean you can lose your salvation, it doesn't mean your interpretation is right.  I could start a web-site and take every passage that supposedly shows eternal security is right and show how it doesn't have to prove eternal security.  I guarantee I could do that with every scripture you give to support your claims. 

I have noticed something in a lot of debates.  A person starts a thread in support of their pet doctrine.  Others come in with scripture that shows they are wrong, and they turn around and give an alternative meaning to those scriptures.  They think that once they give their alternate meaning, that's the end of it, but in reality, it isn't.  I don't have to accept the alternate meaning as correct.  I can stand by my meaning and then ask the other person to prove I am wrong.  In most cases, they can't. 

I have been in many OSAS debates, and that is what usually happens.  I will give a scripture like 1 Corinthians 6:9,10 which shows certain sins will keep you out of the Kingdom of Heaven.  It doesn't say that doesn't apply to Christians.  Someone on the OSAS side will claim that only applies to non-Christians, and I am supposed to just accept that as correct.  I don't.  What happens when people refuse your explanations? 

Well...now you just do that  :mgcheerful:

Take your best shot.  Give me all your scriptures that show eternal security is real, and I will take them on one by one.  Then you can come back at me and tell me why my interpretations are wrong, and I will stand by them.  I have been there and done that before.  It all comes down to interpretation. 

I know what the Bible tells me.This is not a "who is right game" you apparenly think that you are the only one who is right.Yes,it does all come down to interpretation and mine tells me differently than yours.You just want to argue the point forever.Our world is full of choices.You can believe what you want.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Butero, you should debate it in the soapbox forum.

And everyone, I guarentee you that Butero can be very hard headed about his beliefs. It will take being blinded and knocked off his horse for him to change on some issues. lol But the guy is our brother and we love him anyhow.

Jesus kept all that the Father gave Him but the son of perdition, so I expect that He still does. His true sheep hear His voice and follow Him, He calls us by name, He guards us, feeds us and even retrieves the ones who wander off. He breaks the legs of those who are prone to wandering and carries them so that none of His own will be lost. But there are goats in the flock and wolves in sheeps clothing that have never been his. Since we are mutton heads, we can't tell the difference all of the time and can be deceived. But Our Savior knows His own.

Blessings,

Willa

Guest Butero

BoPeep, I am not the one claiming to be right and having all knowledge.  The person who started the thread said he is starting a web-page that will show that OSAS is right, and he is going to take all the scriptures that people use to say it isn't right and show those people are taking them wrong.  That means he is claiming to be 100 percent right.  If you would really take the time to look carefully at what I said, my position is that a person can take scriptures that show OSAS to be true and turn them around and say they have a different meaning, and a person can take all the scriptures that say OSAS is a lie and turn them around and say they have a different meaning.  What I am telling you is that his ability to do that won't work because it is only effective if the other person accepts him when he says their original interpretation is wrong.  I could give you what I claim is absolute proof OSAS is a lie, and another person can say those scriptures are out of context.  You can give me what you claim is absolute proof OSAS is true, and I can say those scriptures are out of context.  It comes down to interpretation.  I am not claiming to have perfect knowledge.  I may be wrong, but I would guess that I am more open to change on this topic than the person who started the thread, and perhaps more open than you are.  Only God knows for sure. 

Willamina, I just got through with a Soap Box debate with Enoob.  Funny you should mention the Soap Box.  If you are honest, wouldn't you have to admit you would have to be knocked off your horse to change on some issues?  Isn't that the same for all of us?  Isn't that really a good thing, in that it shows we are established to a great extent in our beliefs?