OakWood

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  825
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

2nd Thessalonians 2:10-11

I personally believe that's its the lie of peace being made, Its the AntiChrist that brings in this false hope (Jesus said until he returns there shall be no peace). Remember that everything in the end is centered around Israel. The whole world is rejoicing and saying "finally peace, peace." It's at that time that the real pain begins to hit.... war breaks out against Israel... and continues to grow consuming the whole world until Jesus Christ returns and establishes peace for 1000yrs.

Then Satan is released one more time to try once more and he's done.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

2nd Thessalonians 2:10-11

Does this apply for all time, or is it specifically referring to the End Times? Are we seeing this happening now?

The reason that I ask, is because I occasionally speak to people who are non-believers. I'm not talking about your average non-believer, but people who hate God so much that they seem to have lost all rationality. They will blatantly tell lies about things, but I honestly think that they are not even aware of it. You can show them something and they will claim that it is the opposite.

Their grasp of reality is apparently non-existent too. It's as if they live on a different planet. They revel in defending the indefensible and they attack anything that is virtuous.

It's as if they are mentally ill, yet in everyday life they function normally and are otherwise rational (even very intelligent) as long as you stay away from the subjects of faith, politics or morals. As soon as you start discussing such things they become insane again.

Not only will they lie but they will even contradict themselves without realising that there is any contradiction.

Is this because they hate God and love pleasure so much that God has put a mental block inside their heads?

Is this what the above passage really means?

Yup...I think it applied before it was written, when it was written and is more than self evident now.

I don't think it's all to do with pleasure though.....deception is an interesting thing.

What if I told you I know some Christians who are just as good at lying and deceiving?  I think that if a person accepts a lie as truth, it festers and as they go on, it expands until they

are deceived because of their lack of belief in what is actually true.  Maybe the 'come back' is the question 'Well, are they really Christians?'  But somehow I don't think the answer

is that simplistic...although obvious of course in some ways

Hope that makes sense

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

God allowed Pharoah to harden his heart 7 times, them God hardened his heart 7 times. That may be happening now. But I believe that as we pray for peoples' salvation, God will continue to give them opportunities to repent till they die.

Hubby once forced me to promise not to pray for him. After he was saved I asked him to forgive me for breaking that promise. I prayed constantly for him, and he was very hardened, hostile, angry. Once a pastor visited our house. He only talked about sports, but then told him he was welcome to come to our son's baptism. He raved for months about how the pastor preached at him. He hated that church because of the visit. People do become warpped in their perceptions, as though they were out of touch with reality. It is so funny because after he asked Christ into his life, one of the first things he said was that he wondered why he hadn't done it a long time ago.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Willa!

Isn't that something ,I bet you wanted to choke him,or hug him?LOL,It is so funny but true,,,,don't we all say,"What took me so long?"Oh,but thanks & Praise be to God that we are Saved,Oh but for the Grace of God!

I am sure your hubby is grateful that you did not listen & kept praying for him,God Bless you both!

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

. I have also noticed you can tell somepeople the truth and they wont believe it and they believe you are telling them a lie.

Really?  You mean the gospel, or it could be anything that is true?

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,192
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

When God says it ... it happens
2 Peter 2:18-22
18 For when they speak great swelling words of vanity, they allure through the lusts of the flesh,
through much wantonness, those that were clean escaped from them who live in error. 19 While they
promise them liberty, they themselves are the servants of corruption: for of whom a man is overcome,
of the same is he brought in bondage. 20 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world
through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and
overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning. 21 For it had been better for them
not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy
commandment delivered unto them. 22 But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The
dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.
KJV

notice what they call good is the desires of this place... how is it that which God has separated
Himself from
2 Cor 6:16-17
16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God;
as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall
be my people. 17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch
not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,
KJV
Rom 12:2
2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye
may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
KJV

we think we can take of the world into ourselves and still be of God's pleasure? Transformation
never occurred in these people simply because they were never born again Spiritually... so they
called good what was bad because they knew not God Who alone 'IS' Good! This is the understanding
of blaspheme of the Holy Spirit when you attribute god to God-> so that the god of this world is The
God Who 'IS' Creator... How shall you find The God Who Alone 'IS' God.?. Love, Steven

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

We are at a point where good is evil and evil good. Warren Buffet is just investing in abortion. Does that make sense? (At least that is the news item I saw.) Are governments acting less rationally than they used to? Making laws that are totally against God and what He ordained? Why should people be any different? That is why we are told to hold fast to the faith and let no one deceive us. Perilous times are here. There is so much that does not make sense, religiously, politically and particularly in the family.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

I think they are talking about the antichrist in this passage.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

It's written as 'they' though, not he. Or do you mean at the time of the antichrist?

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

It's written as 'they' though, not he. Or do you mean at the time of the antichrist?

I am thinking at the time the antichrist is among those in the future during the tribulation.What you were talking about are the people who have hardened hearts.People who follow Satan.