• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,272
  • Content Per Day:  2.08
  • Days Won:  4

Well Salty,

I will await & watch for the reviving of the Babylon Empire of Neb. the Medes & Persian Empire & the Greecian Empire & the Roman Empire. Please tell me when you see it, & then I can tell you that you interpreted correctly.

PS. I`m not holding my breath though. :mgcheerful: And just trying to be friendly there Salty.

Ha ha! We can have a little fun here!

I think you have missed something though. There are verses in both chapter 2 and chapter 7 that lead me to believe these are END TIMES visions as well as what the commentators tell us of the ancient kingdoms. For example, in chapter 7 one beast is put to death, yet the other three get to live for a time and a season. What is this telling us? ALL FOUR beasts are end time kingdoms, but perhaps COPIES of the ancient kingdoms or at least a kingdom in the same land area.

It is the same in chapter 2,. for even though Jesus strikes the beast on the toes, all the other kingdoms are blown away as dust.

It is written that the Beast in Rev. had 7 heads, five of which were history. But ONE of those heads received a deadly wound near the time of the end. If we consider Iraq (the head of the image in Daniel 2) as the nbew version of ancient Babylon, did not Iraq just received a DEADLY WOUND? Her "king" was put to death, and now Iraq is certainly not what she was before...a Muslim nation. I look for Iraq to follow the way of Egypt and become a radical Muslim nation again.

LAMAD

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,665
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  3

Salty and others,

I don't know if you have been to Babylon, but it is a dump, it even has dumps around it, from Saddam's attempt to renovate it.

But literal Babylon has been dead for ages, and God said it would never be inhabited.

All you have to do to prove God wrong is go over there and build a little bungalow right inside the broken walls. You'll be out of there by sunset - guaranteed.

If you don't know which city (actually a registered country) pulls the strings on all world governments and religions today, then I'll rejoice when you do ! 

Her roots go back to Babylon, she has had secret societies and priests in governments for a long time.

And Inchrist, "symbolic" does not mean to "spiritualize away" rather it puts an appropriate icon to the real thing. Revelation is mostly in symbols. Of course this does not mean that its sealed or secret.

Babylon is a real power for sure, most closely resembled by the red dragon in Ch 12. But the label sticks to the forehead of a system, which is panicking about being exposed, and doing every distraction possible to prevent it. Futurism is successful.

Yes, I'm well aware of the secret societies whose foundation is the ancient 'mystery schools' of pagan history. That is also what makes Babylon for the end an international symbol also, because those have plans to make Jerusalem their 'Babylon' city with their king (Antichrist) established over it and the whole world.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,200
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Hi Iamlamad,

Glad to meet you & have a chat. You do well to see that Dan. 7  could be end time kingdoms. Keep thinking on that line & look at the Super Powers of the world & you may be enlightened.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  75
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

@ Paradox

I enjoyed your last post, put a smile on my face.

See your entire theory on the Vatican and Roman Catholic Church has some major flaws.

The word ―mystery is indicating that the name itself is a mystery, not that the word "mystery" is slapped on her forehead as her name. Do you understand the difference? 

and Paradox, Greek grammar dictates that such a gender distinction means that the term “musterion” does not join the rest of the phrase and thus, musterion stands separately and apart from the phrase, which expresses a title. There is no such thing as MYSTERY BABYLON but only BABYLON THE GREAT.

God said it would never be inhabited.

Yes and God also said that NO stones of Babylon would be used for foundations of other cities but guess what Hillah used building materials from the actual site. 

5. And since the 8th "little Horn" is actually a Kingdom and not just a city, therefore we have a duelness for example lets take the word Rome means city and Kingdom, and just like Babylon is a city and also references to a kingdom, well how many people still live in this kingdom?  1,385,783

But literal Babylon has been dead for ages

Yes it would appear it is mortally wounded does'nt it ;)? So if Babylon is to be resurrected not just its city but kingdom well that would be....I dont know, Biblical?

The little horn continues right until the end, it had civil support, then lost it, but it gets one more free ride.

And this picture is given in Rev 17.

The Papacy does have power over the nations, they are made drunk by her wine.

Her religion is two faced, it has a peaceful religious exterior and an inner darkness. She conducts mass while her priests do other   things to children in secret. Her deeds are being exposed as we speak.

The evidence for this is spreading faster than it can be stopped and it is only a matter of time before you find out though other public sources.

Her origins begin with a preist-hood, a secret society, which operated in Egypt, and in every major civilization since, including Asian countries.

She is numbered as one among the 7 great empires of the dragon.

Since the dragon started in the garden, the beginnings of his philosophy were exercised with Cain, who came to God with an offering akin to Papal and pagan processions, full of false humility, pomp, riches and pride.

While the saints have been treated as described in Hebrews 11.

The last beast in Rev 17 is not the Papacy, but she rides it.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  75
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Salty and others,

I don't know if you have been to Babylon, but it is a dump, it even has dumps around it, from Saddam's attempt to renovate it.

Yes, I'm well aware of the secret societies whose foundation is the ancient 'mystery schools' of pagan history. That is also what makes Babylon for the end an international symbol also, because those have plans to make Jerusalem their 'Babylon' city with their king (Antichrist) established over it and the whole world.

The part about Jerusalem has caught my attention,

it makes sense about a prophecy concerning the present occupier of Jerusalem, in terms of having the "tabernacles of his palace" there. Dan 11:45.

"Tabernacle" is a religious building, "palace" is a political building. Which religion is political today - as it ever has been, and is fast losing its hold on the countries which it once claimed?

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

Time out , time out

I think we need to make sure we are clear on our vocabulary and definitions first.

I do not believe scripture, in particular Daniel, uses the word FIFTH beast in the word. I think many of you are adding that.

It appears to me these ten toes are an extension of the 4th beast. This is important.

Agree?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,695
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  04/11/1968

Time out , time out

I think we need to make sure we are clear on our vocabulary and definitions first.

I do not believe scripture, in particular Daniel, uses the word FIFTH beast in the word. I think many of you are adding that.

It appears to me these ten toes are an extension of the 4th beast. This is important.

Agree?

Agree! 3 stages to the iron empire:  Legs of iron.......  feet of iron and clay........ten toes of iron and clay       

Its the fourth kingdom.  The continuation of Rome.

Time out , time out

Agree?

Agree! 3 stages to the iron empire:  Legs of iron.......  feet of iron and clay........ten toes of iron and clay       

Its the fourth kingdom.  The continuation of Rome.

YESSSSSSSSS, I can see that too.

((((((Big man hug))))))))))). Different than the one I give Marilyn. I don't want to crush her, but I know you can take it. Lol

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,200
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Hi Spock,

Oooooouuuugggg & yuk. I taught preps (beginners for awhile) & even they could count -

1. Babylon  2. Medes & Persians 3. Greece 4.Rome & 4 1/2???? 4 repeated ???? 4.7 ????? oh Number 5. Last Gentile World Ruler.

Five body parts but no five beasts.

The `Revived Roman Empire` has no scriptures to back up their claim just their interpretation of a symbol.

As I`ve said before, you tell people long enough, loud enough, with enough important people saying it then of course it has to be true.

Personally I can wait for the big revealing so I`m not getting in a knot. But we are here to discuss scripture correctly & you are not being honest & saying that you have NO scriptural proof for your theory.

No scriptures - no clothes for the Emperor - a naked theory.

Marilyn,

I love it when you talk tough to me. Lol

You want scripture to show you Daniel does not say there is a fifth beast? Hmmmmm

You want scripture for that.............

Let me see what I can give you to mellow you out a bit. Be back in a sec.