IGNORED

Please help,Drugs forbidden in the bible?????

firestormx

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/17/1975

Magic sorcery witchcraft.

Let me ask this way then,

What is the proper meaning of pharmakeia

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

It isnt pharmacy. 

It isnt pharmacy.

Will you give me a straight answer??? What is it??? Remember, alchemy ( which is apart of the process for making meth for instance)was considered potion making and witchcraft for thousands of years. So I ask, can you give me the proper biblical meaning of pharmakeia as used in Galatians 5:19-21, with verifiable proof???? Edited by firestormx

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

Oh good grief. I have given you straight answers. However since I am apparently not giving you exactly what you want to hear, I will refrain from posting further.

Oh good grief. I have given you straight answers. However since I am apparently not giving you exactly what you want to hear, I will refrain from posting further.

You did not answer with verifiable proof. Only said over and over I am wrong without showing the details of why or how. I will not just take your word, or anyone else's word but look up and verify. You have given me nothing to verify. If you wish to refrain from posting that is your choice. I assure you my motives are pure in my heart. I am asking for help with the proper meaning for the sole purpose of not just seeing what I want to see. If I have offend in any way I apologize to you Sheba. God Bless you Edited by firestormx

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  317
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

Galatians 5:19-21

Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,

20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,

21 Envying, murders, drunkenness, reveling, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

So is this specifically talking about drugs? Could this be understood as forbidding drugs, in context with the rest of scripture of course.

Seems like in this case, if the drugs are used to enhance sorcery, magical arts, and witchcraft, then yes. Otherwise it would seem that all psychotropic/psychoactive drugs would have to be considered.   

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

Galatians 5:19-21

Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,

20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,

21 Envying, murders, drunkenness, reveling, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

In the above bible verses the word witchcraft is the one I am interested in. The Greek word that is translated as witchcraft is the same word we get the English word pharmacy from, if I am not mistaken. So is this specifically talking about drugs? Could this be understood as forbidding drugs, in context with the rest of scripture of course.

P.S. No, I am not saying we are not suppose to go to a doctor if we are sick.

the word here means what it implies

try this

Guest shiloh357

It isnt pharmacy.

Will you give me a straight answer??? What is it??? Remember, alchemy ( which is apart of the process for making meth for instance)was considered potion making and witchcraft for thousands of years. So I ask, can you give me the proper biblical meaning of pharmakeia as used in Galatians 5:19-21, with verifiable proof????

Pharmakeia is not referring to medicine.  It is referring specifically to mind altering substances that was used by those involved in occultic practices in the ancient world.  They would use these substances to put themselves in a trance because they believed it made them more sensitive to the spirit world and thus make it easier for them to receive information from the spirits and in some cases it invoked demons and evil supernatural manifestations.

Some people misuse this word to say that things like pain relievers, blood pressure medicine, blood thinners, etc are of the devil and that God doesn't want us to take prescription medicine for our illnesses and that is not what Paul has in mind.

Thanks for all the responses. I will study and research everything everyone has said. I thank everyone for taking the time to respond and/or post links. Also, I never said, and thought I had made clear that I truly believe taking the meds our doctor gives us is ok. I thought this was talking about the illegal drugs. Again, thanks for you patients as I try to get a proper understanding of this.

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,228
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

It is not the same word as pharmacy. It has the same root as the word for pharmacy, which does not mean it is the same word nor does it have the same meaning. 

As an example, I found this on the internet:

The greek word for milk is gala (one form of it is galaktos), from which comes our words galaxy and lactose. Completely separate words with vastly different meanings.

galactos is milk sugar and lactose is the sugar that it is used by the body when others are broken down.  The milky way?  Hmmm.  

We are to be subject to civil authorities and laws, so any illegal drug is illegal.  That does not mean that all legal drugs are good for us. especially "natural" or homeopathic drugs.